How soon should you go on a second date?

I met a guy on tinder and we’ve been talking for 2 weeks, daily. and we met for the first time yesterday. We were at a cafè and just talked for a few hours. he texted me first this morning so I guess it wasn’t that bad yesterday. we got along great and we really seem to vibe. so I was wondering when it’s time to go on a second date? I would love to meet him again maybe next weekend but I don’t know if I should ask him, or just wait until he asks me?
but is it too soon to meet again a week later? this is new to me 😅

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're interested in meeting him a second time, why not take the initiation to ask him so you two can plan for a day next weekend that's convenient in timing for the both of you? If he likes you, I'm sure he would love to meet up with you again even as soon as that! I think giving about a week feels about right in timing because if you ask too soon, it feels rushed and if you ask too late, you would sound uninterested.

If I was in the guy's shoes and you asked about plans for the next date, I would feel flattered that you made the first move! You'll know if he likes you enough if you ask. You could wait if you want to so it's a matter of preference.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Take it slow. Since you guys just met there’s no rush and give someone the chance to miss you by not being all in too quick. Once everything between you and him is showing progress as in months later than maybe.

I know when we first meet someone we get the energizing feeling of wanting to see them and everything is a fresh feeling. Don’t wear your heart on your sleeves too soon. Anyone will put on a disguise till time reveals who they are truly and that’s something you have to pay attention to.

1|1
    0|1
    • He won't be missing her if she tries to play it cool, he'll just go date other girls instead.

• Show All
    • @FlutteringFeelings my point is she needs to give something back to avoid losing him. A guy won't chase a girl who doesn't seem interested. There's a saying "Choose the girl that chooses you" If she was interested in the guy she wouldn't hesitate to contact him.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 44

• No not too soon. I’ve gone on second dates as early as a day or two later. And you should feel free to ask him. Or at least make the suggestion. He will probably like knowing you’re interested and welcome you take the lead. Guys usually have to make all the first moves so when a girl makes one, I know I really like it. You should go for it if you like this guy. Good luck!

2|0
    0|0
  • " we got along great and we really seem to vibe"
    "I would love to meet him again maybe next weekend"
    " I was wondering when it’s time to go on a second date"
    You could literally just copy parts of this exact question and send it to him and he would probably say yes unless you were boring him on the date or he found something incompatible that you missed, which I highly doubt because you have been talking to him all this time.

3|0
    0|0
  • A week later is fine. If you both are comfortable. As a guy its nice once in awhile to have a woman ask to see you. Lets you know things went well. But usually I always ask at end of first date if (if i think it went well) "If its ok to see you again?" Takes the guessing out. You can always wait a few days and see if hebask you out again during your convos. If he doesn't its ok for you to ask.

1|0
    0|0
  • I do one date a week, gives plenty of time in between too build of anticipation too see the person again, and also gives you the opportunity too really get too know them more. I’m assuming you wanna date and not just fuck so that’s the advice I’d give you

0|0
    0|0
  • Here's what I find is interesting. You could wait because the guy is supposed to ask you out. However, it shows that you're interested by asking him out. The best way to do it is to ask him out to something non-date related like shopping, etc. This shows him that you want to spend time with him and takes the pressure off of you come up with a great date.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well, anytime you both want, is cool. So, since you're kinda nervous about asking him out again, you might as well suggest the thing something such as: "I've heard Deadpool 2 is awsome", "This coffee place seems to be better than the one we went, they have a nice coffee"... something like that.

1|1
    0|0
  • It depends on how good the 1st date was, but I'd generally wait between half a week to 2 weeks. It also depends on if either one of us is busy (job or meeting with family - parents/siblings). But typically between half a week and 2 weeks is a good range to choose from of when to have the 2nd date after the first.

1|0
    0|0
  • no it isn't. If you are free for another date why play games or waste time. Just let him know you really enjoyed the date and would like to meet him again next week.

2|0
    0|0
  • A week later is a good length of time after a first date if things went well. Same with dates after that. That gives you plenty of time for personal stuff too until thing get more serious.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's not too soon. And why do you have to wait for him to ask about a second date? What's wrong with initiating plans yourself?

1|1
    0|0
  • You can ask him out after the first date, he shouldn't be the one always setting up everything. And usually I set up a second date within a week of the first.

1|1
    0|0
  • If you're interested in him throw hints like next time should be good or ill be alone at the weekend and its gonna be boring etc. He will know what you want and hell ask you out. :) by the way its not early to meet a week later at all. Its normal.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmm as long the vibe is on and you would love to meet him all over again then just send for him a hint that u did enjoy your time with him last time but without asking him out and be patient and it will be if it's meant to be.

0|0
    0|0
  • As soon as you can, if you both left the first date wanting more. And ask him. This is 2018, not 1818. Be liberated.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well it doesn't matter how soon is 2nd date.. coz usually guys want girls to ask first when it comes to 2nd date but how quick that doesn't matter really..

0|0
    0|0
  • If you feel like things are right meet asap even after 1 day. If things work out and in 50 years time you're both married the bs won't matter and you'll laugh at this moment.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not too soon and don't wait for him to ask, ask him!

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't ask him, you can text back and forward but let him ask you out on a second date 😁

1|0
    1|0
  • You want to see him next weekend. So contact him and ask to see him next weekend.

Fucking... women and logic... oil and water.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wait for him to ask for meet... but you can continue with your regular texting

0|0
    0|0
  • Try to talk about your first date and how awesome it was and when you meet him you were extremely happy and let him offer you a second date 😉

0|0
    0|0
  • Wait just a little bit before asking him if he don't, don't ask him right after your first fate...
    It's better to keep his interest up

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as he has no predetermined events he has too attend. Next weekend would be great to ask for a second date.

0|0
    0|0
  • next day if things are really great. I week is fine otherwise but don't break previous plans.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whenever you want to, if he's in to you then he'll be cool with seeing you too when he's free

1|0
    0|0
  • The very next day if the chemistry is there why not?

0|0
    0|0
  • You have nothing to loose you go ahead with your positive vibes and explore your chances

0|1
    0|0
  • Dont last a lot, or he may think you aren't interested in him.

If you want to date him, tell him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all. I think you should ask if he's available next Friday. Friday nights are date nights.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tbh when you feel like it and have the time for a date 😁

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 11

• I met a guy at a club while drunk and we went on our first date the next night. Been seeing each other almost 3 months now and talk all day every day, and get together for dinner and Netflix/Jays game dates at least twice a week

2|0
    0|0
  • Just ask him if he’s interested in seeing you again. If you’re both comfortable and want to see each other, then you don’t have to bother with the whole “how long do I wait” game

0|1
    0|0
  • Ask him out. He either can make it or not. Either way, I’m sure he’d be happy you asked.

1|1
    0|0
  • It is never too soon but I would suggest that you wait a while for him to take the approach.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe wait until he asks you , I've never really been on a date but I've been taught to let the guy do that stuff

0|0
    0|0
  • Why dont u bring it up, just ask when y'all gonna hang out again and ask him if he does, it can't hurt to ask

0|0
    0|0
  • Whenever u fee like... thas n a big deal

0|0
    0|0
  • Another week

1|0
    0|0
  • Can't tell.

0|0
    0|0
  • Slow down, text and talk a bit more. Drop hints about wanting to meetup again but don't rush it... see how he responds.. If you have decided to ask him out, it's up to you to plan where to go, what the time will bring, what conversation you'll get into etc. The only reason I'm saying this be cautious because I don't want you to get hurt and it's all new to you...

0|0
    0|0
  • When u feel ready

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes