How soon should you go on a second date?

I met a guy on tinder and we’ve been talking for 2 weeks, daily. and we met for the first time yesterday. We were at a cafè and just talked for a few hours. he texted me first this morning so I guess it wasn’t that bad yesterday. we got along great and we really seem to vibe. so I was wondering when it’s time to go on a second date? I would love to meet him again maybe next weekend but I don’t know if I should ask him, or just wait until he asks me?
but is it too soon to meet again a week later? this is new to me 😅

1245

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're interested in meeting him a second time, why not take the initiation to ask him so you two can plan for a day next weekend that's convenient in timing for the both of you? If he likes you, I'm sure he would love to meet up with you again even as soon as that! I think giving about a week feels about right in timing because if you ask too soon, it feels rushed and if you ask too late, you would sound uninterested.

If I was in the guy's shoes and you asked about plans for the next date, I would feel flattered that you made the first move! You'll know if he likes you enough if you ask. You could wait if you want to so it's a matter of preference.

Most Helpful Girl

• Take it slow. Since you guys just met there’s no rush and give someone the chance to miss you by not being all in too quick. Once everything between you and him is showing progress as in months later than maybe.

I know when we first meet someone we get the energizing feeling of wanting to see them and everything is a fresh feeling. Don’t wear your heart on your sleeves too soon. Anyone will put on a disguise till time reveals who they are truly and that’s something you have to pay attention to.

• He won't be missing her if she tries to play it cool, he'll just go date other girls instead.

• @FlutteringFeelings my point is she needs to give something back to avoid losing him. A guy won't chase a girl who doesn't seem interested. There's a saying "Choose the girl that chooses you" If she was interested in the guy she wouldn't hesitate to contact him.