Can someone who cares more about looks and someone who cares more about personality get together?

Let's say a girl is looking for an emotional connection first and a guy is more interested in physical, can they get and stay together? Or would it be better to have two people who are e. g. more interested in emotional connection first?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Yes, but it emotional + emotional would be better
    Vote C
  • Results / I dunno
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Very possible and happens all the time but I think if you dig a bit deeper, to the underlying cause of the two different people, and what attracts one person vs another, you may find a deeper problem, that impact much more than why they got together, like basic goals in life, tastes, value system and so on

0|0
    0|0
  • Surprisingly I'm a guy who cares about personality more. I've rejected straight 10's because I felt objectified (lol). But i went out with 7's and liked them much more.
    I feel like a person who cares about personality expects similar in return, but when the girl cares about me only physically, it makes me question if we're going to even be compatible.
    Relationships are possible, but from my experience, not as fulfilling.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• This particular pairing is not at all likely to succeed.

Ultimately, she is going to feel emotionally unfulfilled, unappreciated for being her, because he's only showing appreciation to her body. The next step would likely be for her to withdraw sexually, which will only further breakdown the relationship. There's also the possibility of him getting bored when her looks begin to fade with age.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yea. My boyfriend is attacted to my looks foremost. I know this about him. He wants a tall blonde to show off. I honestly couldnt care what he looks like. But i am. none the less attracted to him. However, i think to truly live each other you need an emotional connection, but i dont think it is nessecart until much farther into the relationship

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 24

• Guys care about looks more than women and women care about personality more than anything, So this is kinda common.
    I've charmed girls that didn't find me attractive into liking me enough that they find things to be attracted to.
    My sister tells me this has happened to her several times and whoever she's dating is hot to her precicely because she likes their personality shoo much.

0|0
    0|0
  • In the wise word of two black men "looks get you in the door, but personality makes the stay" so yeah looks will get you laid 9/10, but as far as dating goes if your personality sucks than expected to be single real quick, because no matter how hot someone is no one will put up with an asshole for ever.

1|0
    0|0
  • Worked great for me and my wife. I was attracted to her looks, but hooked by her personality. I can say without a shadow of a doubt I wouldn't have looked her way if she wasn't my type. Regardless of personality. Been together 4 years and it's like we got married yesterday.

0|0
    0|0
  • Emotional attraction at first is fine as long as physical will follow, as long as their will be physical attraction and needs met. Just can't be emotional relationship only. Only emotional relationships with no chance ever of sex don't work.

0|1
    0|0
  • The thing is, a person may start with physical attraction, but to stick to it emotional connection is required which is formed with time. So YES, if given time, things will change. Unless the person only cares about is sex.

0|0
    0|0
  • If the girl is physically attractive to the guy then yeah she could get him to stay with her long enough for both parties to make an emotional connection

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, but the person that cares about looks has to have a good personality and the other one has to be good looking

1|0
    0|0
  • Not to generalise but that's almost every man's relationship with a woman these days. The guy going after the looks and the girl having a preference for his personality.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it would work if the one who is more about physical is attracted to the more emotional one and the emotional one likes the personality of the more physical one. It's all about finding what you like and being found and liked by someone else...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, that's why so many really pretty girls get together with guys who aren't as attractive as they are. The guy values her looks very highly, and she values his personality very highly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it is possible, if a girl who is not that pretty likes handsome boys Meets a guy who is handsome and interested only in personality, or vice versa then it's possible

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, but there must be a compromise, ussually emotional worried must work on the sensual work to become crazy the other part.
    And beauty worried must understand and care the feelings of the other part

0|0
    0|0
  • I suppose it is possible but In my own experiences on both sides of the fence, the 2 getting together is dang near impossible.

0|0
    0|0
  • They can get together but I doubt it will hold for long.

0|0
    0|0
  • I just prefer something in common. Someone looking to be together for physical reasons might get full easily and move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • It'd take work (the situation would determine how much/little) but it can be done.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe the guy will change after he get satisfied in physical connection he may fall for you

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as both are satisfied, of course.

0|0
    0|0
  • He'll just fuck you and fool you.

1|1
    0|0
  • Poly relationships.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 8

• It's not really the ideal match but if both people are really serious about it, it could work as long as both are willing to make compromises

0|0
    0|0
  • Emotions are important for a relationship in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • I value how i look much more than my boyfriend values appearance and it causes issues for us.

0|0
    0|0
  • Anything is possible when dealing with humans. We are not logical creatures.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope it won’t work out because the couple has no common ground and it’s a match made in hell

0|0
    0|0
  • If the guy has a good personality and the girl is attractive yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep because the one who care about look can get what he has reached for in the person who care about personality, and the opposite also work

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmmmm don't think its impossible and depends on how important it is to them. If person A only wants 10% physical and the other person 5% emotional, then no. There should be a balance

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes