Can someone who cares more about looks and someone who cares more about personality get together?

Let's say a girl is looking for an emotional connection first and a guy is more interested in physical, can they get and stay together? Or would it be better to have two people who are e. g. more interested in emotional connection first?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Yes, but it emotional + emotional would be better
    Vote C
  • Results / I dunno
    Vote D

1026

Most Helpful Guys

• Very possible and happens all the time but I think if you dig a bit deeper, to the underlying cause of the two different people, and what attracts one person vs another, you may find a deeper problem, that impact much more than why they got together, like basic goals in life, tastes, value system and so on

• Surprisingly I'm a guy who cares about personality more. I've rejected straight 10's because I felt objectified (lol). But i went out with 7's and liked them much more.
    I feel like a person who cares about personality expects similar in return, but when the girl cares about me only physically, it makes me question if we're going to even be compatible.
    Relationships are possible, but from my experience, not as fulfilling.

Most Helpful Girls

• This particular pairing is not at all likely to succeed.

Ultimately, she is going to feel emotionally unfulfilled, unappreciated for being her, because he's only showing appreciation to her body. The next step would likely be for her to withdraw sexually, which will only further breakdown the relationship. There's also the possibility of him getting bored when her looks begin to fade with age.

• Yea. My boyfriend is attacted to my looks foremost. I know this about him. He wants a tall blonde to show off. I honestly couldnt care what he looks like. But i am. none the less attracted to him. However, i think to truly live each other you need an emotional connection, but i dont think it is nessecart until much farther into the relationship