Guys, is it a dealbreaker for you if a potential partner doesn’t regularly shave her legs?

If it is, how often would you prefer her to shave? Alternatively, for girls, how often do you shave your legs, if at all, and how would you feel if a guy you were dating lost interest in you if he felt you didn’t shave frequently enough?Guys, is it a dealbreaker for you if a potential partner doesn’t regularly shave her legs?
  • Yes, it’s a dealbreaker for me
    Vote A
  • No, it’s not a dealbreaker for me, but I would prefer if she did
    Vote B
  • No, I don’t care if a woman shaves her legs at all
    Vote C
  • I’m a girl
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
You guys should also take a look at this question by @Toad-1 :
Girls, is it a dealbreaker if a guy regularly shaves his legs? ↗

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• I'd much much prefer for her shave

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • just curious, but did women back in the Medieval era shave? I mean, their options didn't include Venus. hey, do those permanent hair removal thingies work? I mean, I don't know, I might miss my ass hair if it never grows back. wait, why am I asking a guy this? Ladies? Thoughts?

• “I might miss my ass hair if it never grows back” Lmao same

• It is close to a deal breaker. I want a woman who is very traditional, who takes care of her appearance and hygiene, and who tries to make her best impression at all times. If she doesn't shave her legs, she probably doesn't not meet the other criteria.

7|11
    16|4
    • You just might be a very lonely guy if you lived in Europe as it is traditional for many of them not to shave legs, pits or pussy! It would be a very superficial reason avoid a person with those beliefs and it has absolutely nothing to do with hygiene either.

• Show All
    • Thanks for MHO! I was surprised by all of the down votes. I didn't realize that so many females want to be hairy and stinky! :) :) :)

• This isn’t even the worst comment from a guy. There are a few that said stuff along the lines of “Yeah I don’t want to date a man” that you’d think would piss a lot more people off. I think you only got so many because everyone else sees it and bandwagons and downvotes before they even read enough if it to realize it makes sense and that it isn’t actually offensive whatsoever.

Most Helpful Girls

• Girls shouldn't be hairy, common lol Shave.

1|4
    4|1
    • Shame that you think that way.

• Show All
    • @Ellie-V and you want girls to look ugly. That’s gross. Go take a razor and shave.

• @Guyana90 it’s fine that you’re not into human females. So just admit it. Go date a hairless cat or a plastic Barbie at a family dollar so that you won’t have to wast anyone else’s time. It’s 2018. So I doubt there’ll be a significant amount of judgement.

• If I was a man, I would prefer a woman who shaves and keeps herself feminine. Men like feminine women who look like women, if I was a guy I wouldn't want a woman that has a full on beard cause she no longer cares about her femininity. Now, I'm not saying you must shave every day, I get it cause sometimes I don't feel like shaving myself and go a couple weeks without it. However, I still want to be feminine to my boyfriend and not walk around looking like Chewbacca, plus I just want to look womanly cause I'm a woman.

4|2
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 148

• Ha up to her in the end but smooth legs feel and look amazing, ha in saying that in fair enough if she for some reason wanted me to do the same I would ha, ha sometimes when I would pull a move on my ex she would bashfully say sorry her legs were apparently "hairy" when in reality it was smoother, than I've ever gotten a shave, and on the other hand a casual thing I once had with my best friend i was with everyday, and due to the fact of us being "intimate" was usually while gaming or getting ready to go somewhere and being unpredictable and her always wearing skinny leg jeans many times she had legs almost as hairy as mine, ha most thought it made me have was make a joke about her real hair color being ginger, ha being that I was 17ish either that or not caring when i could be being a man skank *sigh*, ha my only casual requerst is bald or well trimed pubes and that's only as im fond of giving oral and no one wants a mouthful of hair ha and again, happy to keep mine to partners prefered length, people need to relax, find the lines between personal wants and on the other side acepting, eg i have facial hair, I wouldn't fully remove it for anyhing, ha sorry for the rambling opinion, i ponder no one being able to tell you what to do and how it interacts with all the various reasoned choices etc etc ha

2|1
    0|0
  • No. Shaving legs is a modern construct. I don't shave my legs so won't demand it. Maybe shaved legs subconsciously contributes to how attractive I find someone but I've not really taken note of that. If it does, it's not by much

7|0
    0|0
  • voted b.
    its not a dealbreaker to me, this kind of things is wayy down the priority list.

also depends on the amount of hair tough.
    i little hair is no big deal. if your leg hair is close to mine tough, id prefer it if you did something, shave, trim or whatever.
    but if you just have a little peach fuzz, you dont really have to go out of your way to get rid off it.

i will admit tough, seeing a girl lying on her belly, her legs exposed all smooth from feet to butt is the sexiest thing to me.
    so it would be cool if she did something like that as a special thing to please me.
    i like the amount of chest hair i have, decent coverage and not too thick, but if a bare chest was the sexiest thing to my girl, id do it for her.

but a little hair is not of an issue in the big picture and in day to day life, at least to me it doesn't matter.

but i dont have expectations for my woman to be perfect all the time, its actually the little imperfections here and there that make a girl special

3|0
    0|0
  • well it's not a dealbreaker for sure but it definitely makes her less attractive. How often? I don't know... but definitely less often if your hair is light blonde.
    How come I keep getting these invites to girl's question about leg shaving 🤔 I'm not an expert in this topic

1|0
    0|0
    • I dunno lol, usually I never invite anyone, but within the first half hour after I posted this I was frustrated with how few responses it was getting so I spam invited everyone oops

• I honestly have never paid attention to whether a girl shaved her legs. I don't really care, it's not a deal breaker but I don't want to feel razor bumps every time I touch her legs. So if she were to shave, at least once a month or so, that's perfect. I prefer a traditional woman who prides herself in taking care of herself. Not to an obsessive point mind you, just a healthy amount

2|0
    0|0
  • I’d like her to but it’s not a dealbreaker.

It’s natural for women to have very light hairs on their arms and legs. If wifey is too busy to shave I don’t really care.

7|0
    0|0
    • Naturally though if we’re going out somewhere I do expect her to be groomed and dressed. Just not a 24/7 thing.

• I voted B. Not a deal breaker I mean why the double standards? If men are allowed then why not women? I'm hairy and I wouldn't mind at all.

10|1
    0|0
    • Show All
    • I agree with @Ellie-V. 👍

• @Ellie-V what are they teaching, that you can project human values on non-commercial non-politically no-socioeconomically influenced animals who have no human esthetic values or consciousness and this was all learned on lets all practice bad analogy day? Maybe former professors like me should stay out of conversations like this. I think its absurd.

• 3.bp.blogspot.com/.../...itting-down-sasquatch.jpg
    Fuck yes, it's a deal breaker!
    I know that shaving is a huge pain in the ass, but I've never minded helping her shave them.

1|0
    3|0
  • Its absolutely a dealbreaker for me. One I'm a leg man. Second I want her to look feminine and put effort in her appearance. Should shave regularly. There are also alternatives by the way like laser removal.

1|0
    1|0
  • Well I don't know of other guys. But if i want my girl to shave ill maintain my own body to set the standard.

It's all about indirect communication people.

I won't break up w her but i'll indirectly let her know that i prefer shaven legs.

2|0
    0|0
  • While it isn't a deal breaker, it would bother me only because my legs are fairly hairless for a guy and I wouldn't feel comfortable with my own body. But in general, it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. My former crush had hairier arms than me and rarely shaved her legs and I still (unrequited) loved her.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind if she doesn't. Where I'm from, when it get's cold out for months at a time, I'm pretty sure most women don't bother during this time to shave their legs daily. Maybe they do it so they don't get too woolly, but either than that, it'd be a hassle to shave your legs when you're not showing them off anyhow. The only thing would be that now two of us have Sasquatch legs and so it might get rough during "bed" time, whatever that entails. ;)

1|0
    0|0
  • usually girls will shave their legs without me ever having to tell them to do it. even if they don't shave, it doesn't bother me at all as long as her DNA didn't mutate and caused her to grow thin bone needles to replace her leg hair and she's stab the hell out of my shins while we're cuddling, then i'm good.

1|0
    0|0
  • It just depends on how much hair we are talking. Little bits of hair can be cute but long thick curls of hair can look unattractive. and for the record I am not shaving my legs now, i'm waiting to see what my SO prefers but I will totally do it the moment she asks

1|0
    0|0
  • This reminds me of something my second wife said to me. Why is it I have to shave my legs every other day just to get them look like yours.
    You I have very little body hair which includes my legs ( total jealousy)
    I said you don't have to , she said now you are being silly if I don't I will have to wear trousers which I don't like,,, YOU CANNOT WIN...

1|2
    0|0
  • Winter = go chewbaca i'm cool with it

Summer = Shave because of hygiene and sweat.

4|0
    0|1
    • It's not hygiene, do you shave your legs in the summer? If it doesn't apply as hygiene for a man than it doesn't for a woman. We both have leg hair. If your leg hair isn't unhygienic than neither is a womans.

• Show All
    • I don’t like the process of shaving my legs but I love how smooth they feel after. I believe that’s what he was referring to

• @lily_pi i never said anything against woman , or defending society and so on. I actually believe that if woman could have babies without men , they wouldn't even need us so... Just saying its nice , a ik how much its annoying , but some appriciate everything a female has to go through so...

@carpetdenim and ye that feeling is amazing , soothing somehow...

• Not a dealbreaker. But it also depends on how thick and dark it is. If it's blondish, no problem.

Women shaving started in the 1920s when after World War I, dresses started getting shorter. But then, they only shaved up to the knees. In the '40s, during WWII, women stopped shaving because there were much more important things going on. Then in the '50s, it started again.

2|0
    0|0
  • Well yeah... if I has to be honest hairy legs are definitely a deal breaker for me. You have to give a shit about your appearance. You can stop caring about appearance when you've hit an age where you don't really have that option anymore... like 60+. I don't care too much for makeup if she's attractive, but hairy legs is a no.

1|1
    1|0
  • Not at all, it’s nice when they are smooth, I won’t lie, but if they are not, it’s also cute in a way, if she is a little embarrassed by it, and also an opportunity to show her you are ok with it, which always works out in my favor

1|1
    0|0
  • If I'm actually in love with her, it kinda changes things and I probably would see her as beautiful no matter what, but if her legs are gonna be showing while we are out together, it would be appreciated (and I suppose preferred) if she decides to shave them beforehand. Also, I prefer to date girls who have light-colored hair (e. g blondes, who are my favorite) so I don't think her leg hair would be all that visible if she decided not to shave them anyways.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 57

• Men on here will say they care, but they don't know half the time anyway because our clothes cover it up. I shave for work so my students don't see it, but honestly, I shaved like twice a week (if that) when I was with my ex and he never even noticed.

1|0
    0|0
    • I agree, most men won’t notice. However, I am a hands on kinda guy. Watching tv foot massages. Gotta include your calves if you wear heals all day. I would notice.
      I also agree that if you’re single and covered all winter. What’s the point? A relationship takes effort. Hopefully shaving isn’t too much of an effort for any of us. 😉

• I like when guys shave their legs too bc then we can be silky smooth together i wouldn’t want to touch a guys hairy legs

10|0
    1|2
    • I’m actually a little irked with how many other upvotes this got. I love body hair on men (why wouldn’t I love masculine characteristics on a man?) and I very fervently disagree with this, but as the asker I upvote literally everyone.

• Show All
    • I think is great when a guy even trims their pubic hair, if they shaved it, it would be a lot better news for me. I hate getting hair in my mouth when I'm going down on a guy and it is really gross. I prefer to shave mine clean too, just not my legs since it's barely even noticeable

• REALLY? I am so surprised that people would say something about shaving legs. I shave my legs when I want to. We don't require men to shave their legs. Our legs aren't even as nearly as hairy as men's legs. Unless I'm outside sharing my legs to the world, I refuse to shave my legs. Better yet, I'd rather not shave my legs at all.

3|0
    0|0
  • Love the “I’m a girl” option lol I used to shave my legs a lot in high school and then just started forgetting to, I don’t care anymore since it’s just hair. I only shave them when they get too long and never shave above my knee because you can’t see the hair on my upper leg anyways. It’s never been an issue or dealbreaker for any male I’ve encountered, its to be more a thing girls do because of what another girl would think - maybe or sometimes.

3|0
    0|0
    • And my current boyfriend doesn’t care, he thinks it’s cute and calls me goat legs “look at your little goat legs, you’re so adorable!” hahaha

• Your boyfriend sounds like a really nice guy, make sure to hold on to him 😉

• Oh I plan to!

• I only shave like once or twice during the summer and that's it. My leg hair is so fine and really light that you can't even really see it. If my man specifically asked me to shave them, I would be happy to do it for him. Otherwise I don't see the point in spending so much time shaving them if you can't even tell the difference unless you touch them

1|1
    0|0
  • Thank you for this question
    I shave per two days bit honestly it bothers me when girla gossip about other girla not shaving... Expecially on their privet parts
    Like why they even care? Its personal choice
    I don't get why hair is considered disgusting on some parts of the body while its totally natural to have it
    No, I don't like guys who shave, them look look like Barbie Ken
    But I do shave how ao ever because I care too much of people's opinions and okey, it looks good them legs are smooth
    But still, why can't people be more open up about not removing hair

5|0
    0|0
  • I don't shave all that often. I don't even remember the last time I shaved. I just don't grow a lot of hair and it's not noticeable. My boyfriend is surprised when I tell him I haven't shaved because my legs feel so smooth lol

3|0
    0|0
  • ugh, what a pain in the ass. Guys get to walk around hairy as gorillas, and women have to shave from head to toe. Not saying that I wouldn't. never had a boyfriend, so I never felt the need to shave certain areas (if ya know what I mean). But ugh, I hate shaving. It terrifies the shit out of me. Last time i shaved i cut myself, to make matters better, i also have a blood phobia and pass out each time i see blood. (large amounts of it). and the damn cream takes forever. I am hairier than most men, so by the time i finish shaving my entire body, about half the cream is gone and so is 40 minutes.

8|0
    0|0
    • Try shaving your fucking face every single morning. And sometimes in the evening too if you're a fast grower

• Show All
    • Try finding a girlfriend with a filthy beard. Beards are for fat guys to hide their double chin

• @milantb1 face? Try shaving your entire body man! Even your ass hair. I got hair growing on my stomach too!!! I got like 6 or 7 long curly dark brown hairs sticking out of my gut, and I am like, ugh, pain in the ass.

• I have never shaved my legs, because I live in a cold city and I wear pants all the time
    None of my partners have told me anything because of it, and although it is black hair it is very thin...
    Now I'm going to travel in summer so I want to shave, but I have panic about getting my hair thicker...

1|0
    0|0
  • Anytime I go out in public and plan on showing my legs, I usually shave my legs. If it's a little stubble, I don't really worry about it. But it's usually shaved.
    It doesn't bother me if other women don't shave their legs, it's just hair.

If a guy I was dating lost interest in me because I didn't shave frequently enough, I could understand that considering it's a social norm. Although if I do end up in a relationship and have to show my legs often, I'm gonna get tired of shaving all the time. Especially since my hair grows fast as fuck. Anyway, I prefer my hair shaved. It's just a lot of work.

4|2
    0|0
    • Thanks for the in depth response lol

• Show All
    • I’ve never tried waxing and I don’t think I ever would. I have a really low pain tolerance and it’d be too painful.

• I have a high pain tolerance, so for me to say it hurt, it's gotta hurt 😂 Good choice

• When I had a boyfriend I made sure to shave. Now I shave occasionally. I usually wear jeans so don’t see a reason to. I remember in high school we worn uniforms and I never got my skirts hemmed and wore knee socks to avoid shaving my legs.

3|0
    0|0
    • How about you shave your legs and put on a nice summer dress and tie your hair. Make yourself look respectable

• @milantb1 When I feel like wearing a dress or shorts or a skirt I shave my legs. If I'm wearing jeans, which I usually do since they are my favorite bottoms to wear, I don't see any point in shaving. Women can wear jeans and still look respectable.

• I don't even remove any leg hair despite having a lot of hair 😂😂 at least my man wouldn't bother about these superficial things and he'll have more important priorities. 🙍🙍

5|1
    0|1
    • Oh and regarding hygiene for that you should shower regularly. Plus I'm the place where I live with the heat and hair pollution I'll get rashes all over if I shave 😂 and mosquito bites would be worse so shaving isn't practical to me either.

Hair removal is always, always optional.

• Personally, it shouldn’t be a complete dealbreaker if a girl doesn’t shave her legs often. Maybe she’s more of a all natural type of girl and has a way more better qualities to her that outshine that flaw. But it should be a dealbreaker if she’s not a clean person in general and doesn’t take care of herself and is just a slob.

4|0
    0|0
  • I've been with my boyfriend for 3 years plus... in those 3 years... 2.5 I spent with hairy everything loool. He still loved me and had sex with me as much.

I know many guys on here that are pro hair women. ♥

2|0
    0|0
  • I almost never shave mine due to my light hair xD Why shall I bother if they are invisible anyway?
    My boyfriend says that he doesn't care either.

3|3
    0|0
  • I don't shave them.. sometimes I get bored and use scisors.. tbh if my man had an issue with it I'd tell him he can shave them... "bonding time" :P

1|0
    0|0
  • in the united states a girl has to shave her legs no way around it

3|2
    1|1
  • In a relationship, I shave my legs every couple of days -when the hair grows back. When I'm single, I'll go weeks as the sun bleaches my hair and in the winter I'm wearing pants 😂😂😂

3|1
    1|0
  • In the summer I do, in the winter I don’t. guys can suck it. Hahaha. In the winter I cover my legs with jeans so I see no point in shaving them

4|0
    0|0
  • I shave because I dont want to be called sasquatch.

3|4
    2|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes