Would your parents care if you date outside of your race?

I have always dated outside of my race and my parents never cared. I do get looks and interruptions.

5343

Most Helpful Girls

• no, of course not. she's even made a point to address it. it's not an issue.
    i haven't talked to my dad about it though because the last time he asked me if i had a boyfriend it was pretty awkward.

i bet the guy who's downvoting every positive reply will downvote this..

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • That’s good to hear. I hope the down voting won’t hurt this question too much lol

• Honestly they would mind a little bit depending on the race but idc what others think. I will date any guy from any race if we get along. why would I limit myself because of what my parents think? at the end of the day I'm living my life for me.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guys

• My mother "disowned" me for dating a black girl. She was so strange about it, saying "black people don't move like us", sound like a white supremacist but one who married a Japanese guy and gave birth to me, a biracial kid. I was always attracted to pretty women of any ethnicity (maybe because I'm biracial, not sure, and don't identify with any one ethnicity). I ended up not talking to her for many years and actually lost touch with her completely.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • My father was always totally cool with it.

• As for getting some looks, I get that no matter what ethnicity/race of person I date: Japanese, white, black, Hispanic, Brazilian, Korean, doesn't matter. I always get treated like an interracial couple since I'm mixed and don't quite look like any particular ethnicity. Maybe if I dated a mixed person like me, I might not get that, but never met one with a mutual interest.

• That’s sad that some people have such strong feels towards others.

• Mine don't. My parents are mexican but they're bias against dark skin people (fairly common in mexican culture), so they were happy when they found out I was dating a white girl.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Didn’t know that was a common thing

• I didn’t know that

• Unfortunately this is true..