Would your parents care if you date outside of your race?

I have always dated outside of my race and my parents never cared. I do get looks and interruptions.

1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• no, of course not. she's even made a point to address it. it's not an issue.
    i haven't talked to my dad about it though because the last time he asked me if i had a boyfriend it was pretty awkward.

i bet the guy who's downvoting every positive reply will downvote this..

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • That’s good to hear. I hope the down voting won’t hurt this question too much lol

• Honestly they would mind a little bit depending on the race but idc what others think. I will date any guy from any race if we get along. why would I limit myself because of what my parents think? at the end of the day I'm living my life for me.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• My mother "disowned" me for dating a black girl. She was so strange about it, saying "black people don't move like us", sound like a white supremacist but one who married a Japanese guy and gave birth to me, a biracial kid. I was always attracted to pretty women of any ethnicity (maybe because I'm biracial, not sure, and don't identify with any one ethnicity). I ended up not talking to her for many years and actually lost touch with her completely.

3|2
    0|0
    • My father was always totally cool with it.

• As for getting some looks, I get that no matter what ethnicity/race of person I date: Japanese, white, black, Hispanic, Brazilian, Korean, doesn't matter. I always get treated like an interracial couple since I'm mixed and don't quite look like any particular ethnicity. Maybe if I dated a mixed person like me, I might not get that, but never met one with a mutual interest.

• That’s sad that some people have such strong feels towards others.

• Mine don't. My parents are mexican but they're bias against dark skin people (fairly common in mexican culture), so they were happy when they found out I was dating a white girl.

1|1
    0|0
    • Didn’t know that was a common thing

• Show All
    • I didn’t know that

• Unfortunately this is true..

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 51

• My parents don't care if I date a guy that's not Chinese but they might have a problem with me dating a black guy or middle eastern guy. They have no issues with me dating a white guy though.

0|0
    0|0
  • They care yes, they only want me to date white guys, but I just date who I click with and am attracted to regardless

0|1
    0|1
  • My step dad is strange. He will make a comment but yet stick up for the foreigners and immigration laws on the other side of the right side. haha

0|1
    0|0
  • No they don't. I've only dated outside of my race. As long as our key principles and beliefs are the same they don't mind

0|1
    0|0
  • My family wouldn't like it if I dates a gypsy, but beside that I think they wouldn't care much. But they'd make jokes, a lot of jokes.

0|2
    0|0
    • I think all families make jokes lol

• Show All
    • @Saray So you're also from the Balkans, that's nice.
      I agree with you, everyone deserves respect as long as they give it too.

• @happyhippo its impossible to have a relationship without respect , or love... And ye , born n raised here.

• Kinda. In the end they would respect my decision and keep quiet, I'd think. But I doubt it would ever happen, I'm simply not attracted to very many races other than my own (I'm caucasian and native american). If we get along really well I'd consider dating outside my norm.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so... mind you the one that probably would have had something to say about my dating affairs isn't no longer part of this world. ...😂

0|1
    0|0
  • My dad encourages it. Like he prefers to see a culture mixing because it is in general better and much more interesting. He doesn't care what race either, may it be Asian, black, Hispanic, White, Jewish or whatever. My mom is indifferent but prefers not because she is afraid I'll face a culture problem which I think is nonsense. Communication is a thing.
    The only thing they both care about is whether he is decent and religion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol well... my oldest sibling married someone outside of his race. My dad doesn’t care, my mum pretends she doesn’t but she is one of the biggest racists I’ve ever met. She has mellowed since their relationship but she’s hardly welcoming.

Considering my mum isn’t part of my life I only concern myself with my dad. And he just wants me treated nicely.

0|0
    0|0
  • They would. They've told me very clearly that they wouldn't be happy if I date anyone who's black and if I dated anyone Asian (specifically in this case those from predominantly Muslim countries), I don't need to bother coming home at all. It's unfortunate but not something I would want to take into consideration.

0|0
    1|0
  • My dad could kill my dates anytime even if they were alien. Still have a dick.

0|1
    0|0
  • I doubt race itself, but more different culture more likely would be an issue for them.
    Also considering the fact that my country isn't racially diverse at all, so someone with different race in their eyes would be some foreigner who's going to take me away, so nope, they probably wouldn't be happy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not in the least I'm a black girl and I dated a black guy and a mixed race guy... My mom seemed to actually prefer the mixed race guy over the black guy...

0|1
    0|0
  • My dad cares. He said a black man or woman would never understand me and be to much drama. He said I can only date white guys. Well I didn't listen but he doesn't know

0|0
    0|0
  • My family either wants me to find and marry a white or Latino guy (who is light skinned).

Unfortunately I think they would be against me dating Asian, Black, middle eastern men.

0|0
    0|0
  • No... but my ex parents (white) were low key racist stating that I was “different and not typical” I guess that was the framing for not ghetto. But my parents don’t care.

0|1
    0|0
  • @JC103 in my younger life yes, at this age they could give two shits less what I do 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on what the race is. My sister dated a half Asian and they were cool with him. But I don't think my dad would be happy if he's black. I'm not sure about mum.

0|0
    0|0
  • They would kill me if I date something else than a Catholic White guys. If I bring a Black, Muslim or Gypsy that would be the worse, my father wouldn't even let him go inside the house.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably not. I never dated outside of my race though.

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 41

• Yes. They're kinda racist. Not that they wouldn't be friends with anyone from another race, they are very friendly to everyone. However, my parents will regularly make jokes in front of them that deal in stereotypes. They just don't know how to interact with other races. They believe that you should marry any one you want, however they really don't want me to marry outside of my race. Its bad, i know.

0|1
    0|0
  • No. My first serious girlfriend, was Black and I am White, it just happened by pure chance, but both families didn’t care, in fact, I think because we were both so young, and hadn’t been exposed to “Race Issues” as adults, there was a charm and innocence about it that I think people loved... colorblind lovebirds

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, my family cares about our bloodline and genetics.

0|2
    3|0
    • Bloodline? Are y’all royalty?

• Show All
    • You do know we are all mixed raced right? Hence why in every proof you have provided me said “claims to be...” you still haven’t told me why the control from the research isn’t off because it’s off.
      How is it illogical when that man doesn’t even have a doctorate. The entire medical and science field disproves ever made up theory he has. In every video his numbers are off and he provides numerous quotes from doctors that he question by using unrelated facts. His whole race comparison was ridiculous and SO far off it’s not even funny.

• Look, you seem like a intelligent man. All I’m saying is if you don’t think you should date outside of your race because of your parents than that’s wrong because you should live your own life. But if you don’t want to date outside of your own race for personal issues than that’s cool, I’ll respect that. Don’t be offended because I don’t share your social viewpoint

• My parents aren’t racist but they do sometimes say pretty racist things so I do think they would be bothered a little

0|1
    0|0
    • Never asked?

• You literally asked “would your parents care if you date outside of your race?” So you did

• I asked my parents if they were ok with me dating outside of my race and they’re cool with it but they make racial jokes too

• Meh. My dad maybe wouldn't like it as much as he would if I dated a white girl. But there's little difference in his attitude about that.

But my mom would just be happy I was actually dating a girl at all. So there's that..

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents act racist as hell but they don't care if I were to date someone that isn't white.

0|1
    0|0
  • My parents could care less who I date, race doesn't matter at all. They're the ones who raised me. Baffles me why race would matter.

0|1
    0|0
  • Most of my family wouldn't give a shit.
    Though if it's a black girl, I do have that one racist uncle who is sure to want to say something.

1|0
    2|0
  • Nah, if they did I dont think it would make a difference. Love is too hard to find, so if you find it you should definitely pursue it and hold on right. Never box yourself in.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think they would care. My sister is in an interracial marriage and they don't seem to care there so I would expect the same.

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents did not mind actually. But having a non-Asian woman always means difficulty of people making fun of us and our diffrences of living.

1|0
    0|0
  • At this point my parents would be happy if I date a natural female.

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents no my aunt and grandfather probably
    But love is love so who cares

0|0
    0|0
  • They wouldn't be entirely ok with it but they would accept it.

0|0
    0|0
  • My mom always said i shouldn't date a mexican chick but i dont care lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, my parents are not outdated, like these low iq parents from Asia.

0|0
    1|0
  • Depends on the race lol

0|1
    0|0
    • Which ones?

• They wouldn't be as happy about me dating someone from Pakistan, India especially if Muslim.
      But they're fine with Oriental Asian, Eastern European and so on

• Why Muslim!

• No mime wouldn't we are care free about race

0|1
    0|2
    • That’s awesome

• Show All
    • Yeah... it’s sad. My family always told me “never be with someone that won’t respect and carry out our traditions”. The bloodline thing is kind of off because EVERYONE is technically mixed

• That they are

• My mom does but my dad doesn't

0|1
    0|0
    • Any particular reason why and which race?

• My mom wants me to marry moroccan cause its easier to marry someone from the same etnicity who has the same racial problems as me and if it comes to only dating she says everything is fine but no marriage with outside race thats da only reason she gives me

• Interesting...

• No they don't

0|1
    0|2
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes