Is it worth getting rejected and ridiculed when you really like somebody?

I've always been rejected, and don't want the guy I like to think negatively of me and reject me too. At the same time, I can't stop thinking about him and want to talk to him.
Thank you everyone for your opinions.
I finally got the courage to add him, and after we talked a little he denied that he recognizes from school even though he was the first to notice me.
That left quite empty and discouraged, cause there is nothing I can talk to him about that wouldn't make me seem like a creeper chasing him.

821

Most Helpful Guys

• You'll have greater regret in not sharing those feelings in the coming future. I would recommend you tell him. If he rejects you and thinks negatively of you, you wouldn't even want someone like that as a friend. And if he ridicules you, then you DEFINITELY don't want him as a friend. His response to your feelings will dictate whether or not he is worth your time. I say this the nicest way I can... Please, have more respect for yourself :) Your question seems to imply that you want to do anything possible to keep him in your life. Honestly, that's unhealthy. Cut the ties that weigh you down. If he sees you negatively after your confession, you shouldn't want him, at all. It would be self-destructive. And you deserve better... Someone who will see you in a positive light, someone who will respect you for having shared those feelings. Go for it.

• Thank you so much for your opinion! You''re right about. Life is just as it is; I once regretted never knowing, later wished I had never approached one guy. It's just as it is.
      I do actually like this guy a lot as in I want to know him. He was the first to notice me in a library and was distracted from his group stating at me. That's how I noticed him back, then he would stare at me whenever I was around and seem like he wants to approach me. It was already the end of the uni year so I never had a chance to talk to him.
      I came across his fb profile randomly and was dithering about adding him and talking to him, i'm too afraid it'll come off as weird, or that he denies he recognizes me from school etc.. but as you said, i'll give it a shot, I think I just don't count rejections and pain anymore.

• Thanks Mimi :)

It's totally understandable why you would care a lot about him, but keep in mind that the ideal friend / boyfriend must, first and foremost, like you for who you are. If they fail at that, then that is not a friend / boyfriend you would want. If things don't work out, don't let it get you down. Rejection doesn't mean there's something wrong with you. All it means is that you found someone incompatible. Rejection means you're one step closer to finding someone right for you. It isn't a big step, but a step nonetheless. The staircase to find the right relationship may be long, but a small step will still bring you closer to the top. Take that step.

• Thank you so much for your insight, it's wise.

• It's worth it. If he rejects you at least you can move on and maybe find someone that won't.
    Think of it this way: you continue to crush on him for another month. And in that month you meet a guy that's interested in you, but you don't pay attention to him cause you're focused on this guy. Then you finally ask him out and get rejected, but the guy that was intersted in you has already found someone else.
    Waiting is basically a waste of time.

• You're probably right. It's just in my case i've been rejected too many times both directly and indirectly and it had always really painful to get over, It still hurts. I have very little confidence that this guy might like me even though it seemed like he did. But you're right, I think it'd worse to never know what could've happened. Thank you for your opinion! Would be turned-off or think less of a girl my age who has always been rejected and never had a boyfriend?

• Nah. At least not without knowing why they rejected you. Some guys literally reject women just for making the first move cause they think that's the guy's role.
      Others think they can do better when they really can't.
      But yeah, go for it.

Most Helpful Girl

• No it's not. It's the worst kind of pain imaginable.

• Yes, it's something i've become accustomed to :/