What are your thoughts on these TWO videos about Men's Standards vs Women's Standards when it comes to DATING?

1540

Most Helpful Girls

• To be honest other than the age and height thing everything she said was reasonable and I agree with (with the reverse for going out, I’d rather not have a club rat). I don’t get the height but especially age thing, I get not being too old or too young but refusing to date someone even a month younger is so odd to me, my mum is 3 years older than my dad so I always saw it as normal. With the height thing I understand being taller but a 5’11 limit is a little restrictive. I’m 5’4 as long as they’re 5’4 or taller I don’t care, and 97.5% are taller than 5’4 so it’s not a big deal.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • So many female clients of mine put the stipulation of 6 foot or higher on their dating profile. I told them you would be missing out on so many great guys by doing this. Why do you think women put height at such a priority?

• It's a symbol of masculinity, but ultimately being facially attractive is more preferable. I've seen mates of mine fall for the same 5'6 man without fail.

• I thought this was a pretty cool experiment. I guess if you go ahead and get out of the way the things that matter to you, then it would be easy to narrow it down. I think she was really picky though. I have little brothers, but I have dated someone younger than me, and I didn't see them as a brother just because of their age. That's a bit ridiculous. Also being very picky about height, I don't really wear heels so I guess I just don't think about it. But overall, I think as long as you can find someone with the same views and morals as yourself, a little bit of differences in each other can be exciting because you can explore outside of what you are used to. And it doesn't have to be a drastic difference for that to happen, it could just be having different hobbies or tastes in food.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guys

• Interesting concept
    But I have to say some of the criteria they exclude people on is just... stupid
    Excluding people because they don't work in or are planning to work In a creative field? Seriously?
    Excluding people because they are not older than you? Seriously?
    I would like to have seen this being done with people with less silly standards
    I think the girl here was worse with her standards than the guy but both of them... yikes
    Wonder if they repeated this a thousand times if how the average results would turn out

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • 100% agree lol. I was like, I can understand wanting a girl who appreciates the arts and you can discuss it. So you know you can engage in that way with her, but to the extent of work? I mean I guess if he lives in LA and is thinking about dating someone who would be easy to be with. That's about the only thing that would make that criteria make sense. a lot of entertainment industry jobs out there. So you might want to be with someone who "gets" it

• That girl is confusing "values" with simple desires. They're not the same. I think she's just young though and her values are probably going to mature a little more as she does when she gets older.

She doesn't want to have her first kid though until at least 33? That's very risky in terms of child health issues. Like if you're saying to wait until your mid 30s to have your first child that's basically the same as saying you don't want to have kids ever. It's safe to have a second or third kid into your 30s and even 40s but it's very dangerous to give birth to your very first child that late in a woman's reproductive stage.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I think it shows that most women that age have super HIGH expectations whether or not they are values or desires.

• I mean, I don't feel like this is news though. And she is just one girl. I live in the LA area and every girl at my gym talks about being an Instagram model and considering getting fake boobs and just that whole thing. If the only interaction I had with women was at that gym I'd think every woman on the planet was super shallow and full of it. But I know plenty of women who are very down to earth and don't have unrealistic or just plain stupid standards. She just seems to fit more with the LA crowd more so than maybe women on average which I do think is slightly less shallow.

• You said:
      "She doesn't want to have her first kid though until at least 33? That's very risky in terms of child health issues."

My mom gave birth to me at age 32. My mom gave birth to my younger brother at age 40. We're both fine. Having kids in your 30s is a great idea, in my opinion.

I know people who have kids right now in their 20s, and their life has gotten harder and they can't adequately provide for their kids. They are not good financially, or they are still trying to finish school, or they have strange living conditions. People need to learn to have kids with purpose.

In your 30s, you're more mature, financially stable, have a house and you're in a good place (HOPEFULLY). I, personally, want the best for my kids. Right now, at age 27, I don't think I am in a good position to have a kid. However, with a little more work, I should be able to provide a great life for my kids in my 30s.