Why are so many guys inconsistent?

I keep hearing stories about guys who will take days to text back girls and it seems like it’s becoming more and more common. I was just wondering why this is such a normal thing for guys and why are they so inconsistent with their behavior?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• If you talk to guys you'll hear the same complaint.

I think what's most likely happening is there is a relatively small subset of men and women who are either players, or are at least text-players. They like the attention. So you have this small group of pretty attractive people who are also attention whores or players, and they're all texting masses of people, and doing it slowly, because they're juggling so many people. But because they're texting lots of people … lots of us run into them.

So most people aren't that inconsistent, but there are a few constant texters who are.

2|0
    0|0
  • Because for some guys the ide to fuck something up with a girl they like is like the idea of hell.
    (Maybe not so bad but ye get the idea)
    That meaning they are unsure on when to talk and when not to talk, they might even wait for you to start the conversation. It can have with what they hear about "texting back too soon makes you a creep". That might apply if you are texting every second pf every day but the idea and how people experred it may have become like a scare crow for guys with less confodence.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Its not just boys u know, well I have this friend he' s been texing me I know he likes me and want more than friendship -__- I don't take days I take years cz he is boring and i am really not interested

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 31

• Because they are not in relationships and they are single. When you are single (men and women) you are living your own life and by it's nature a text message can be answered 1 minute or 1 week after it has been received. Now when you are dating someone or in a relationship then the expectation is different and getting a timely response is a requirement. But otherwise guys will get busy, spend a few days out of touch and then get back with you in their time. Normal to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I could ask ask the same question about women. I was having a nice conversation with a prospect (6-7 messages back and forth) when suddenly GHOST. Why are so many women so inconstant?

0|0
    0|0
  • You only hear this because you're a girl, and you're more likely to talk to a random guy than random girl. I have this problem with girls. I don't mind it, I'm my own priority, if that girl wants to play games or talk to her friends or just lie down instead of replying to me in 0.000282 seconds, so be it.

0|0
    0|0

• there is a weird unwritten rule that you have to wait a certain period of time or you come across as desperate. load of crap if you ask me, but some guys believe in it

0|1
    0|0
  • Some guys are just too stuck on themselves, yet I'm finding more common for girls to be doing it too. People are just mean

1|0
    0|0
  • Because we're fucking busy, we have jobs and shit do get done in our lives. Keeping up with conversations is trivial to most dudes because it's not productive, it's something we do to get laid or because we have time.
    In short, we have better things to do

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they're not interested, usually. Not always, but usually.

2|1
    0|0
  • I consistently take a long time to reply. :-D I'm not a big texter and if you see even my posts on here, I'm long-winded and treat electronic communication more like writing letters back and forth rather than a live conversation.

One of the reasons is the nature of my job. I'm busy all the time and free all the time simultaneously, which sounds odd, but I can take lots of breaks while I'm working to think, reply to some post, and do lots of multitasking. That multitasking makes it easier to write a lengthy reply I've thought about in between working a bit, but harder to keep up a very live stream of short exchanges.

0|0
    0|0
    • I kinda wish I lived in the times when we only had letters. I always liked the idea of a guy overseas writing long letters back and forth between his girl. I'm not so big on having conversations via text like, "Hey, how r u?" --"Fine, u?" --"Good."

• ^Same!! I wish that too

• Days? you're talking to the wrong guys then. If someone took that long to text me back, I wouldn't be texting them anymore unless I had to.

0|0
    0|0
  • Either there not interested or they don't want to seem to eager, I don't do that, I text back as soon as possible unless I'm not interested in being more than friends.

1|0
    0|0
  • Honestly I preach this everyday, be upfront tell them to stop playing you like a game, and if they don't be done with them. It ruins the reputation for us good genuine guy's

1|0
    0|0
  • inconsistency can go where the sun don't shine for all I care

well if it's a bad or who cares thing anyways

if life happens due to inconsistency then thats not too bad, long as you let em know.

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh boy don't even get me started

I've a friend (Who's a girl) who constantly takes days to respond, heck there was one time I messaged her and she didn't respond for 4 months, like c'mon seriously.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because if were consistent you'll think were creeps but if we leave you alone too long you freak out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Unless we're fucking, there's no need to text everyday.

0|0
    0|0
  • We have better ways to waste our lives than by being your on call text therapist

0|0
    0|0
  • Right now I am waiting 1+ day for a girl to text me back...

0|0
    0|0
  • Who wants to feel obligated to reply to texts constantly?

0|0
    0|0
  • Sorry to say but if a guy takes days to respond then he's just not interested.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know. Myself I text back as soon as I read it

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 3

• Inconsistency usually means a person is distracted by inner darkness or worry. Or, their attention is being held by something else altogether.

0|0
    0|0
  • Unless the guy is an asshole, some of them are really busy or they just forget. It seems stupid right? But I have two brothers and they act like this

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm like that with 96% of the people I know too.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes