I’m struggling to deal with the fact that my boyfriend's ex is better looking than me?

Has anyone been in this situation. I don’t want it to affect my relationship but on the inside it’s made me feel so insecure.
She broke his heart so he would still be with her if she didn’t end it.

3772

Most Helpful Guys

• Maybe she is, but that shouldn't matter. A relationship is built between more factors other than looks. If he likes you for your personality, your humor, or your intelligence, that speaks volumes more than just the way you look. Don't focus on the negative aspects between you and his ex. We all have our faults and looks may be one of them. It doesn't make us inferior to someone else because we're made up of so much more. We're our own human being. Accept the fact that she may be better looking than you, but you must also accept the fact that you may have greater, more important factors as a strength. I'd go out with a respectful and open-minded girl, rather than an average model any day. You have nothing to be jealous of. Work with who you are and not with who others are.

• Can't speak for all guys but I don't compare girls the way you do in terms of looks. It's like, "Am I attracted to the girl? Yes/no?" If yes, then the rest of the attraction comes more from enjoying being with her and missing her company when she's not there.

Maybe it's like money for guys? Even if you're the type of girl who wants to be provided for by a financially secure guy (but not a gold-digger), it's not like you're disappointed if a new boyfriend makes less than a former one provided he's still stable and can provide well enough for you and any children you might have, right? I'd imagine it's more like, "Is he financially stable enough to raise a family? Yes/no?" Same kind of thing as I see it if so.

• I am superficial enough to want to be physically attracted to a girl I date on a basic level, but that doesn't mean she has to be the most attractive girl I could possibly date or have ever dated. Besides, if I dig spending time with her, she will become more physically attractive to me through that process of bonding with her. Meanwhile if I date a super good-looking girl and she turns out nasty, she actually becomes uglier in my eyes as I lost interest in her.

• Some times you pay no mind, you just pay heart <3

Most Helpful Girls

• My boyfriend had an ex who I feel was very blessed physically. I feel she could have been a porn star. But she was a liar and a cheater on more than one occasion with my boyfriend and she hurt him really bad. So despite her looks, I know he sees her like the devil and he truly values me and loves me, even though I don’t have a body like a porn star. The key is to have enough confidence with yourself and to love yourself so as to not get paranoid for no reason at all. If your man makes you feel loved, then he loves you for you. Attraction goes way deeper than physical appearance, always remember that. 💓😊

• And to assume he would still be with her, has he told you that himself? If so, perhaps he isn’t ready for a relationship yet. If you are telling yourself that, it is just your insecurity talking.

• I’m glad to have helped you 😊 I wish you the best

• If you need support in the future, feel free to let me know as well

• Your insecticides are likely going to cause arguments, ultimately resulting in the end of your relationship with him. Bringing up his ex, whom he had a bad breakup with (she broke his heart..) is going to open his wounds and cause him to hurt.

I've been where you are and my boyfriend and I have had countless arguments over it, despite the fact that I'm the most attractive girl he has been involved with and the fact that he loves me more than he has loved anyone. I still struggle with it, but his ex is no longer involved in his life because he really didn't care for her as much as he cares for me. You may think he still cares, but the pain he caused her may be enough to keep him away from her.

So, my advice to you? Either let your insecurities go or let the relationship go. I know it's easier said than done, but it has to be done if you want a future for this relationship. They're broken up, they will probably stay broken up and he's with you now for a reason of his own. It doesn't matter if you're less attractive, what matters is if he feels a connection with you. If he feels comfortable with you, but with you being insecure about an ex of his, he is going to begin to feel uncomfortable.