How do you prepare for your first date with someone new?

Do you have a set routine every time you prepare yourself for a date or does it depend on who you're meeting? Share your thoughts and ideas about it for everyone to see!

How do you prepare for your first date with someone new?

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Have clothes picked out beforehand, make sure you have enough money for whatever it is even if the other person paying (you just never know). Stay yourself but make sure you're clean๐Ÿ˜‚.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • I don't haha I don't have a routine, I just get dressed like normally take my handbag and go

3|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Don't do anything and just relax, most important. Don't get all worked up over it, just go out like it is your sister or friend at first.

2|2
    0|0
  • Aside from the usual (shower + deodorant) :
    - wear the better looking (but leases comfortable) of my 2 pairs of glasses
    - ironing the t-shirt or shirt I'll be wearing
    - shoe shine
    - repeat myself to smile, smile, smile, smile, smile.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• Shower, music playing, shave the areas, air dry naked, inspect myself in mirror, get dressed pretty but more comfy than dressing to impress, mirror check again.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never been on a date, just saying that girl in the picture is gorgeous would go on a date with her ๐Ÿ˜‚

1|0
    0|0
  • If the guy is hella hot, I gotta look hot too but I always do anyways so yea I donโ€™t really try too much. If you like me you gotta like me for who I am

0|0
    0|0
  • You dont have to. As long as ur attractive enough to be asked on a date thats good. I myself have never been asked out.

0|0
    0|1
    • I don't buy this "I myself have never been asked out"

• just any conversation where i get to know them better

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd have to be asked on one first ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

3|1
    0|0
  • I take a shower and I shave my armpits

0|0
    0|0
  • Plays Beyonce. Get dressed. Go.

1|0
    0|0
  • How do u prepare yourself for a 3rd date?

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 27

• Get clothes ready a while beforehand, then just watch YouTube videos about something interesting so I have something to talk about that's fresh in my mind.

1|0
    0|0
  • Honestly? Falling asleep and waiting for a date in my dreams. I would prepare something mentol flavoured stuff, I would shave my beard and take a shower and other stuffs like that. I would pick my clothes carefully and arrive at time with a little something. (like a flower or sg. but only if its not cringy)

0|0
    0|0
  • Make sure I'm smart/casual, got gum in my back pocket, more than enough money and I've thoroughly cleaned/whitened my teeth

0|0
    0|0
  • Dont prepare for anything like that. Go with the flow of things. And whether you get on or not is a different story. Feelings naturally grow for one another. You can not force. Just be yourself and try not to panic aa much :)

0|0
    0|0
  • By sharpening my blade... i mean what else?(still single)

0|0
    0|0
  • Never been on a date before. What would you suggest? I generally like to speak openly about controversial conversations with calm debates. I feel it helps me understand the person I'm speaking with, as well as their thought processes.

Disclaimer: I don't care about religious beliefs or political agendas, I simply debate to understand why they think what they think. It's always fun to delve into the mind of an individual and I don't ridicule anyone for their religion or politics. We all have reason to think how we do.

This was so unnecessarily long...

0|0
    0|0
  • I wear wranglers everday and justins and my dixie outfitter shirts and my stetson hat or my camo hat it depends on weather thats what sge gets and we go shooting guns and then mud hole and drink after shooting

0|0
    0|0
  • A good bath and lots of courage to be yourself no matter what nor who... It's better being straight since the beginning, regardless of how crooked you could be ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

0|0
    0|0
  • Be yourself. Let the date be about her. Show her you have interest in her. Be Humble. Don't try to be something or someone you're not. If she doesn't like u for u then it will never work.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, the first thing I do is tap into my creative side and come up with a good venue we can go to or activity we can partake in. I'll also look for a good spot for food in case we get hungry. I'll then visit my trusted barber to make sure my hair is on point. My attire will have to be picked out days ahead and I would need an opinion of my attire and my date from at least one male and one female friend (do get perspectives from both sides). After that, I make sure to have some altoids ready and I should be good to go.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd just ask or suggest a place to go do something or to eat at,

and have a grand time, and not have to pay a lot of cash as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • Shower, wear washed clothes, maybe a little cologne, do ur hair... Cut nails, if needed clean nails. Clean ears once a while, apply Tiege Hanley xd

0|0
    0|0
  • I get the nice jacket make sure its clean I thoroughly clean myself get the Cologne style the hair up and think about the topics of discussion

0|0
    0|0
  • Just go with simplicity and make both of u to know each other... this is only make yr clear future in yr relationship...

0|0
    0|0
  • You hope that she's as pretty as the girl in ^ that pic up there.

0|0
    1|0
  • Never had one dont know what to do for dates or how to prepare.

0|0
    0|0
  • Keep it casual. Dont feel any pressure. Dont care too much

0|0
    0|0
  • Same way I prepare for a date with someone old

1|0
    0|0
  • I dont prepare because i know it won't happen

0|0
    0|0
  • I just try to look my best.