Do younger guys just date older women for sport and settle down with younger women?

I’m asking for my mom lol. She gets a lot of younger guys wanting to take her out, but she’s afraid to go out with them because she thinks they just have a cougar fantasy and will leave her. She is 42 and a fitness model, they are usually in their late 20s

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• Umm. First thing: Your mom had you when she was 14?

I would think yeah, they're just looking to hook up. Like. If a guy my age, 28, married a woman who was 42, she'd be almost 60 by the time I reached 42. And her looks would fade before then, most likely.

Whereas, if I married an 18 year old--lil too young for me, but for argument's sake--then she'd still be looking good at 42, when I'm 52. By the time her looks fade, all I'll have is a bond with her and a dick that don't work, lmao.

Men prefer young women. Healthy and fertile, with a working uterus. That averages to men of all age groups seeing 22 year old women as ideal. At least, physically.

Even if they don't want kids, that's still how we inherently define attractiveness. So yeah. I can't see most guys seriously thinking about marrying a woman 15-20 years older than them... But, it's happened before, I'm sure. And it doesn't mean all guys would dismiss her. But really, most women don't like younger men, anyway. So it works out. Men like younger women; women like older men. Must suck for old women who prefer younger men.

There are quite a few early 40s women I would bang. But I wouldn't marry them. They'd get old way too fast. Not due to a cougar fantasy, just because they're hot and probably experienced and good in bed. I mean, I might date them for awhile. Maybe a couple years, even. Maybe. Just depends.

1|0
    0|0
    • So you’re saying that it’s all based on looks. Wow, you’re really shallow

• Show All
    • I didn't say that, at all. But yes, physical attractiveness is important and based on health and *fertility*, since you didn't seem to read that part. We are instinctually drawn to women who... can actually have babies--because that is what our bodies want. And physical attractiveness tells us which ones can. A 45 year old woman can't reproduce nearly as well as a 22 year old woman. So, evolution made men want younger women. Just like how women consider money and social status as sexual characteristics--and desire older men.

Sorry, but humans--male or female--are not magnanimous creatures. We are selfish and self-absorbed, all of us Would you marry an ugly janitor, 10 years younger than you, who had no ambitons and major depression, but had with a heart of gold? Don't act like you don't have shallow preferences or desire people for whats on the "inside".

We both have our desires. I didn't choose mine, and you didn't choose yours. So, hate the game, not the player.

• Sure, there are a bunch of attractive 40-50 year old women. But, pointing out the rich ones who can afford botox or plastic surgery or expensive food doesn't really help for a generalization. I could point to a lot of rich male celebrities who also look good for their age. Money tends to do that.

But men age much more gracefully than women. Which everybody knows, already. Women still age hard and fast. The only thing that changed was their ability to hide it, with makeup and products and surgery.

Regardless, even if they are hot in their 40s they'll lose their looks a lot faster than a late 20s man who hasn't even reached peak sexual appeal yet. Which is 35, for men.

But 22 year old women are, on average, far more sexy, healthy, and fertile. Which is why that is women's sexual appeal peak. It's all downhill after 35.

• I can see a guy marrying a woman a few years older than him, but it's rare for him to marry one over a decade older than him or have a long-term relationship with her. However, your mother is in great shape and very attractive, so she has a better much better chance than the average 42 year old woman since she has maintained her physical attractiveness.

It really comes down to the guy and the chemistry, but a big issue is whether he wants to have his own biological children. If he does, he is not a candidate for a long term relationship with her.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• You can never know the answer total his question. It honestly depends on the person. Some young men might me genuinely interested in her and some might not.

0|2
    0|0
  • I wouldn't know because I was the one who dumped them. I do know they become obsessive and needy, it's creepy and they tell the whole world when you dump them and cry. They might have mommy issues, so I don't know know.

An eighteen year old guy in my country killed his thirty something year old girlfriend who had children from previous relationship because she dumped him, so that's the worst thing that could happen to her I guess.

1|0
    0|0
    • @azzntittiz Sad. But it happens in my country too. British born radio personality Marcia Henville (I don't know if you've heard of her) met her end under some similar circumstances. It was later learned that her husband, 14 years her junior, had killed her and himself.
      I never got to find out why.

• @Dchrls78104 I just googled it, hearing about her for the first time.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 67

• Generally, yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I find the older woman is stable and active in the relationship more than the younger one. she knows exactly what she wants. she is serious in the relationship and she has no time for mind games or unnecessary drama.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's exactly what usually happens. Single older women are usually very appreciative of the attention they get from younger guys. It makes them feel good like they've 'still got it'.
    Make a woman feel good about herself and she'll likely make YOU feel good.
    It's part of the game that a lot of players and fuckboys play.

0|2
    0|0
  • You got it pegged, Juliet. I did that exact thing to build myself up after getting through a bad break-up. The older woman will build you up. She's grateful. She's loving. She's giving. She'll really take care of you. No, I mean, really take care of you. It is a wonder why the young guys go back to the young girls, but I blame biology. We're drawn to young, nubile, fertile bodies. So, yeah.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would not just date anyone for sport. It would be serious. But not everyone is serious. Again a lot of guys are serious. I have always fantasised dating an older women at least once. by the way I have never dated anyone yet. Its just older women are elegant and matured.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it depends on the guy, but yes I think there's more a fetish thing with some guys wanting older women. But I do think some are legitimate- she just has to be wary of whether all they want is physical stuff or to actually get to know who she is

0|1
    0|0
  • I've never heard of anyone I know dating anyone for sport, but the shittiness of people doesn't surprise me. I would believe some people do this, but also that some folks just actually happen to like women older than they are. I don't know what the numbers are on that.

0|0
    0|0
  • It would be difficult to know with certainty unless she actually dates them. Also, it's totally fine for her to have sex with them. They just both need to be honest about what they want out of the relationship

1|0
    0|0
  • Dating for sport or for her fitness you mean. If a an older woman looks good. Why not. Advantages:
    Can hold better convo
    Less mind games
    Straight to the point
    Less overthinking
    Experience in bed
    Does beat around the bush if she wants sex
    Independent
    More understanding
    Less bitchy on her period
    Less demanding
    More appreciative to small things

So yeah dating an good looking older woman is much better than a younger girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I also find older women attractive but I won't leave if I like someone. This is because I am more mature in my outlook and girls of my age or younger are just dumb assholes. Older women are more experienced and aren't dumb like that.

By the way, is she active on instagram?

0|0
    0|0
  • She probably looks better then girls half her age. Older women are sweet. She knows exactly what she is getting into even of it is a fling she will give any lucky falla a great time they are better then younger women hands down don't worry about her

1|0
    0|0
  • Guys in their 20s have no idea what they want. I think her concerns are justified.

1|1
    0|0
  • I think she should just make it clear that she's looking for something long term. That should scare off a lot of the people who want to date her just for fun

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I think it's just one of those fantasies or bucket list goals. Or maybe they really are into milfs whoknows. Best to stay away from them though lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Generally I think so but there's always exception. I mean it'd be hilarious if I become your stepdad🎉 🎉 🎉 🎈🎈🎈😂

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I wouldn't marry a woman more than like 5 years older than me. A hot 55 year old tho? Yeah I'm tryina get it in there.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well this could be but of course they although could really be attracted to her. Depends on their character

0|1
    0|0
  • She just going to have to change her attitude go have a little fun she doesn't have to give anything up if she doesn't want to just enjoy the life and fun

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe for longevity and the rearing of children, your mother would probably not be a good candidate for a long term partner for a man in his 20s. I believe it is indeed some fantasy and definitely attraction. I don’t think it goes beyond that though. I’m not sure if your mom and a man in his 20s would have anything to talk about or have in common, as the age difference is fairly large. Personally, I feel very attracted to women who are a decade+ older than me all the time, but I wouldn’t want to marry or get into any long term relationship with her. I would rather find a woman who is somewhat around my age and therefore can connect more on the same issues

0|0
    0|0
  • Sadly… yes, even more as you describe her as fitness model, most guys will do so… but there do must be a few guys who do could become interested on her for something more serious, the thing is she must distinguish them from the rest, and that's, kinda obvious but your mom's situation seems like a pattern behavior she needs to work on first other wise the kind of guys she'll keep finding are only those… and as a 28 yo guy who like all kinds of women and do have had a couple of experiences with older women, to be honest, for me, I don't mind about the age difference but to know that he daughter is my age… makes it a bit hard to take it seriously if I'd want to, not impossible but again it depends on the guy

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 10

• 20 something guys are clueless even with 20 something girls! If she wants to date someone younger why not go for the 30-somethings? By that time they know what they want. Plus, the age gap isn't as shocking.

0|0
    0|0
  • Actually yes depends on the agr gap. My mom is older than my dad with 4 years. But its ok. Also. My cousin is 28 and his wife is 46 , she has a kid thats older than her new husband and its ok for them. Dont worry. But since she is your mom. She should date someone who likes her for who she is and how she is as a human , not because she is a model.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why would she want a long term relationship with a young guy like that? I dated younger men but it was just for fun. When I wanted a long term relationship... I went with a man my age. But there is nothing wrong with your mom having fun.

0|1
    0|0
  • My mums 40 and somehow, still looks 28. She's gets all the younger men, too.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've heard a lot of guys say they go for them because they are more mature and secure. But I'm sure some do it just for sport

0|0
    0|0
  • There is one guy 20 years younger than me. Michael is so hot! But I don't think he feels the same. He's 30 and I'm 50.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your mom has problems

1|0
    0|1
    • Why do you say that? 😂

• Show All
    • @Julietchicago Why would a young man want to settle down with a no longer fertile woman in her 40s?

• @BlackSunAeon8 because he doesn't want children, does want some financial security and wants a more stable partner. He also may do it simply out of love.

• No, its the matter of love not greed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sport? Sex maybe

0|1
    0|0
  • Ew ur mom

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes