Do younger guys just date older women for sport and settle down with younger women?

I’m asking for my mom lol. She gets a lot of younger guys wanting to take her out, but she’s afraid to go out with them because she thinks they just have a cougar fantasy and will leave her. She is 42 and a fitness model, they are usually in their late 20s

1269

Most Helpful Guys

• Umm. First thing: Your mom had you when she was 14?

I would think yeah, they're just looking to hook up. Like. If a guy my age, 28, married a woman who was 42, she'd be almost 60 by the time I reached 42. And her looks would fade before then, most likely.

Whereas, if I married an 18 year old--lil too young for me, but for argument's sake--then she'd still be looking good at 42, when I'm 52. By the time her looks fade, all I'll have is a bond with her and a dick that don't work, lmao.

Men prefer young women. Healthy and fertile, with a working uterus. That averages to men of all age groups seeing 22 year old women as ideal. At least, physically.

Even if they don't want kids, that's still how we inherently define attractiveness. So yeah. I can't see most guys seriously thinking about marrying a woman 15-20 years older than them... But, it's happened before, I'm sure. And it doesn't mean all guys would dismiss her. But really, most women don't like younger men, anyway. So it works out. Men like younger women; women like older men. Must suck for old women who prefer younger men.

There are quite a few early 40s women I would bang. But I wouldn't marry them. They'd get old way too fast. Not due to a cougar fantasy, just because they're hot and probably experienced and good in bed. I mean, I might date them for awhile. Maybe a couple years, even. Maybe. Just depends.

• So you’re saying that it’s all based on looks. Wow, you’re really shallow

• I didn't say that, at all. But yes, physical attractiveness is important and based on health and *fertility*, since you didn't seem to read that part. We are instinctually drawn to women who... can actually have babies--because that is what our bodies want. And physical attractiveness tells us which ones can. A 45 year old woman can't reproduce nearly as well as a 22 year old woman. So, evolution made men want younger women. Just like how women consider money and social status as sexual characteristics--and desire older men.

Sorry, but humans--male or female--are not magnanimous creatures. We are selfish and self-absorbed, all of us Would you marry an ugly janitor, 10 years younger than you, who had no ambitons and major depression, but had with a heart of gold? Don't act like you don't have shallow preferences or desire people for whats on the "inside".

We both have our desires. I didn't choose mine, and you didn't choose yours. So, hate the game, not the player.

• Sure, there are a bunch of attractive 40-50 year old women. But, pointing out the rich ones who can afford botox or plastic surgery or expensive food doesn't really help for a generalization. I could point to a lot of rich male celebrities who also look good for their age. Money tends to do that.

But men age much more gracefully than women. Which everybody knows, already. Women still age hard and fast. The only thing that changed was their ability to hide it, with makeup and products and surgery.

Regardless, even if they are hot in their 40s they'll lose their looks a lot faster than a late 20s man who hasn't even reached peak sexual appeal yet. Which is 35, for men.

But 22 year old women are, on average, far more sexy, healthy, and fertile. Which is why that is women's sexual appeal peak. It's all downhill after 35.

• I can see a guy marrying a woman a few years older than him, but it's rare for him to marry one over a decade older than him or have a long-term relationship with her. However, your mother is in great shape and very attractive, so she has a better much better chance than the average 42 year old woman since she has maintained her physical attractiveness.

It really comes down to the guy and the chemistry, but a big issue is whether he wants to have his own biological children. If he does, he is not a candidate for a long term relationship with her.

Most Helpful Girls

• You can never know the answer total his question. It honestly depends on the person. Some young men might me genuinely interested in her and some might not.

• I wouldn't know because I was the one who dumped them. I do know they become obsessive and needy, it's creepy and they tell the whole world when you dump them and cry. They might have mommy issues, so I don't know know.

An eighteen year old guy in my country killed his thirty something year old girlfriend who had children from previous relationship because she dumped him, so that's the worst thing that could happen to her I guess.

• @azzntittiz Sad. But it happens in my country too. British born radio personality Marcia Henville (I don't know if you've heard of her) met her end under some similar circumstances. It was later learned that her husband, 14 years her junior, had killed her and himself.
      I never got to find out why.

• @Dchrls78104 I just googled it, hearing about her for the first time.