Is avoidance a good way to get rid of a creep?

Because
1. You’re rejecting them period, which hurts their ego
2. You’re avoiding them, which signifies to them you think they’re creeps, hurts their ego more
3. It shows them you want nothing to do with them
4. It could target them and insult them personally Is avoidance a good way to get rid of a creep?
  • Many times yes
    Vote A
  • Sometimes
    Vote B
  • Rarely/no
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Not for me at least... The avoidance hasn't worked at all. I've had absolutely no luck with the creeps in my life getting the message that I don't want them around.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • What happened in the end? Did they just follow you around for years?

• Show All
    • Yeah, it was... strange. I'm not the kind of guy who worries about silly things; I'm quite laid back actually. I don't know why my conflict with this guy turned into such an issue. I have boundaries, and he didn't respect them. It was one of those times where I couldn't make myself any clearer, but he just didn't get it... I can't help but wonder if the guy was secretly gay for me

• Weird.

• Absolutely not.

You must be completely, 100%, crystal clear.

After you have been clear you also tell them to leave you alone or you will call the police.

After that you call the police if you have further problems.

But I cannot stress enough how important it is that you are completely clear; no hints, no being subtle, no beating about the bush, nothing left to interpretation.

Hopefully I have been clear?

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Just tell him your not interested. How hard is that?

1|2
    0|1
    • I meant after you’ve told him you’re interested and he still pursued.

• Let him know you'll report him to the police for harrassment if he doesn't leave you alone

• Avoidance and distance can help give the average guys a hint that they need to move on. With a creep, some may become obsessed with ‘winning you back’ so they may amp up their efforts to be with you, and this can lead to a number of things such as stalking. In these cases, if it progresses, always tell people around you what is going on and get the police involved if you feel unsafe.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 26

• report to an authority (teacher/boss/police) you are getting stalked/harrased, that is the only way some creeps learn that no means no.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends, if a your fair is a person that is still doing something that affects you, then you shouldn't avoid that. And if you are afraid of heights for example you shouldn't avoid trying to go in a high place.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well a badass brother is the best way to deal with creeps but if thats not an option then in my opinion yes the best way is avoidance and ignoring them.

1|0
    0|0
  • You might want to eat their heart and drink their blood, that will get rid of them for good.

0|1
    3|0
  • Don't reward their behaviour with your attention.

On the other hand, you have to defend yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • That also may depend on who you maybe titling as a "creep".

0|2
    0|0
  • I've found, on the rare occasions I've had cause to use it, that it works a treat.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just tell them that you're not interested at all, it might break their heart but they can always find someone else. There's no shortage of humans

0|1
    0|0
  • What is a creep? (Other than a guy you don't find attractive)

0|0
    2|0
  • He's probably planning to murder you by this point.

Rip OP

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes avoidance is the best way to get rid of a creep.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the level of creep I guess

1|1
    0|0
  • To a creep, silence is acceptance

1|0
    0|0
    • That is so true! You really have to spell things out if you are uninterested.

• No as they may feel u are playing hard to get

0|1
    0|0
  • What do you mean by avoidance?

0|0
    0|0
  • That sounds like he needs a good punch to the face

0|0
    0|0
  • Since the person is a creep, yes

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell them to eat shit

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't have an ego oh yeah!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 9

• i think it depends on the level of creepiness they are exhibiting, if they just say a couple things that just give you a weird vibe, i'd politely tell them you're rejecting them and if they get more creepy after that avoid altogether. if they are making you very uncomfortable and telling you some very creepy things and won't stop them yes avoidance for a long period of time will usually let them take a hint

0|0
    0|0
  • I've tried that a few times and it's worked. Most other times they persisted until confronted in a certain way or blocked. I don't know the details of your situation but it doesn't usually deter them.. that's one of the main differences between slightly inconsiderate and creepy in my opinion. When I tell them I don't want to talk anymore due to certain behaviors and they blow up my DM's as though nothing I said registers.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on where the creep is and how often you have to see them. And what they are doing that creeps you out.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say not. Creeps aren't really known for taking a hint, lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Block them, then they cannot physically speak to you.

0|1
    0|1
    • That can lead to the guy boosting efforts to find the gal in person

• Then that doesn't mean he's a creep, that means he fucking crazy

• Yeah and they'll get creepier and send messages on multiple accounts just continue ignoring

0|0
    1|1
  • mm I think it depends on the person and how much they like you

0|0
    0|0
  • Not always, some people actually find that as a turn on. They can sometimes get obsessed then

0|0
    0|0
  • Get rid of a creep gain a stalker

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes