Is avoidance a good way to get rid of a creep?

Because
1. You’re rejecting them period, which hurts their ego
2. You’re avoiding them, which signifies to them you think they’re creeps, hurts their ego more
3. It shows them you want nothing to do with them
4. It could target them and insult them personally Is avoidance a good way to get rid of a creep?
  • Many times yes
  • Sometimes
  • Rarely/no
    Vote C

1128

Most Helpful Guys

• Not for me at least... The avoidance hasn't worked at all. I've had absolutely no luck with the creeps in my life getting the message that I don't want them around.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • What happened in the end? Did they just follow you around for years?

• Yeah, it was... strange. I'm not the kind of guy who worries about silly things; I'm quite laid back actually. I don't know why my conflict with this guy turned into such an issue. I have boundaries, and he didn't respect them. It was one of those times where I couldn't make myself any clearer, but he just didn't get it... I can't help but wonder if the guy was secretly gay for me

• Weird.

• Absolutely not.

You must be completely, 100%, crystal clear.

After you have been clear you also tell them to leave you alone or you will call the police.

After that you call the police if you have further problems.

But I cannot stress enough how important it is that you are completely clear; no hints, no being subtle, no beating about the bush, nothing left to interpretation.

Hopefully I have been clear?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girls

• Just tell him your not interested. How hard is that?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I meant after you’ve told him you’re interested and he still pursued.

• Let him know you'll report him to the police for harrassment if he doesn't leave you alone

• Avoidance and distance can help give the average guys a hint that they need to move on. With a creep, some may become obsessed with ‘winning you back’ so they may amp up their efforts to be with you, and this can lead to a number of things such as stalking. In these cases, if it progresses, always tell people around you what is going on and get the police involved if you feel unsafe.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE