Guys, what do you like a girl to wear on the first date?

Girls, how do you like to dress on a first date?
Updates:
Note: Part of the date will require walking outside in hot weather.
See, my usual move is to dress fairly ordinary on the first date (think girl-next-door look), and then dress up for the second date with a sundress or something. But I can't think of a girl-next-door look in my closet that will be comfortable walking in heat! 😭

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• As you perhap can tell from all the answers fr guys, most of us really don't care what you girls wear.

We are honestly more interested in what is under the clothes 😌

1|0
    0|0
    • Well he can prepare to be disappointed 😂

Most Helpful Girls

• If it is in the winter time - I will wear a long sleeved tiger print that covers everything until the neck.

If it is summer time - I will wear a grey top or wasabi coloured top with black pants and black running shoes

3|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 139

• I'm focused on getting to know her, so what she wears is not that important, but in the weather you describe she should wear shorts.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly it doesn't matter that much to me. The fact that you make a game out of it would probably push me away a bit though. It seems kind of manipulative, I guess. Just wear whatever you feel the most comfortable in while still looking decent.

1|0
    1|0
    • You don't have any "moves" you do while dating?

• Show All
    • @asker fair enough, sorry for making the presumption then. I wasn't entirely sure if you were trying to be manipulative, at first I just thought it seemed a little manipulative. Similar to negging in execution I suppose, where you set up negative expectations and then break those same expectations to make yourself seem like a better person. Not exact, just a basic compairson.

• If non active date classy sundress. Active shorts/t-shirt with some quirky interest of yours TV show hobby movie whatever. Grest conversation starters begin with a star wars t-shirt.

4|0
    0|0
  • "Fairly Ordinary," is nice, and I find the best joys, in simple things, with someone that I like, and share feelings, and interests with!
    By 'fairly ordinary', what do you mean?
    I love women wearing 'Prairie' dresses with little flower prints, and buttons, simple, but a little more special, than just 'ordinary'!

0|0
    0|0
  • Can't ever go wrong with a summer dress... And if your bag can handle it, I'd sneak some flats in so you can wear heels when not walking as much. If not, really cute girly flats or cute sketchers/Converse. 😁

1|0
    0|0
    • Also, please tell me a bunch of you guys put down "nothing" or I'm gonna be disappointed...

• It's a date, not a marriage. If you're comfortable you will be more natural, less concerned and your partner will feel that vibe coming from you, making it a very easy going date. Just dress to feel comfortable

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably shorts and a tank top, because that sounds comfortable and casual. It really depends on the person though. I know that I have no class and for me, anything goes. It may not be the same for everyone.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just dont try to look like someone else, do not pretend to be a different person. Be yourself, dress like you would dress when meeting your friends or go to your everyday-job. That is your style, thats how you feel comfortable and thats how you should present yourself to a possible partner. 😉

Except when you are just looking for a hookup, in that case, get fancy as hell 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Totally depends upon her aesthetic... It's a reflection of that... And I'm more curious than demanding...

1|0
    0|0
  • High waisted shorts and a crop top. Always a good choice.

1|0
    0|0
    • Even if I'm phat

• Hell yeah dude. Keeps you cool. And honestly. Who gives a fuck. If he's on a date with you he obviously likes you for what you are.

• Ha. I like you. 😁

• whatever she feels comfortable wearing I am not terrible picky when it comes to what she wears as long as she has some semblance of modesty and self respect I will like it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Out doors in the heat, would suggest to me, that she wear shorts and a light top, or a sun dress or skirt. Definitely something to comfortable, that helps her bear the hot weather.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whatever is most comfortable for her as long as it is suitable for the date (formal for a fancy restaurant, casual for a movie or a day at the park. please no sweat pants ina 5🌟 restaurant)

1|1
    0|0
  • I just want her to feel comfortable and be herself. She doesn't need to dress in any way out of the ordinary.

1|1
    0|0
  • Something along the lines cdn.images.express.co.uk/.../207040.jpg

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing.

Honestly, I don't really care, i'm there for you, not your clothes. Something casual you'd wear to look nice, whether that be a dress, or jeans or whatever.

0|0
    0|0
  • I really don't care. But its not like I want her to arrive in bikini in a coffee shop. But yeah, you know what I am trying to say. I think the dress code is overrated.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like a girl to where what ever she wants i can't controller her life but i can't really say enething because i have never had a girlfriend or date so ya just what ever she wants

2|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 33

• Be yourself, wear something that makes you feel beautiful and confortable.
    Wear something you already know goes well with your best features.
    In my case, I always feel pretty wearing short or maxi dresses. Also wearing blue, purple or green makes my eyes pop and usually I feel very pretty flowing with these colors.
    I'm sure the guy will "vibe sense" that confortable beauty you already have.

2|1
    0|0
  • This is my first date look.
    If it gets hot I can take off the jacket, and can walk forever in a nice pair of sneakers.
    If the date startes going bad, I can use the tie to escape from the bathroom window.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dress in a way that represents you, otherwise, your date will expect or assume that that’s your style (which reflects who you are). However, still dress appropriately though. You don’t want to give them the wrong idea by wearing something risqué or revealing so you’d have their respect.

1|0
    0|0
  • A cute girl next door look that works well for walking around in the heat is a denim mini skirt and a tshirt or tank top. If I were you, I’d wear a denim mini skirt, tshirt, flip flops or sneakers, and a baseball cap with my hair either down or in pigtails. Probably pigtails.

0|0
    0|0
  • If the weather is warm and it's day, I like to wear a sundress and sandals but, if it's night I will probably wear a leather jacket and skirt with heels.

1|0
    0|0
  • If I were to go on a date I’d wear a non revealing blouse (one where my boobs aren’t exposed) and some jeans that cover everything. Or I’d wear a maxi dress. (This is for summer)
    Winter or fall: primarily a pair of jeans and a nice blouse. By nice blouse I don’t mean a blouse that shows the boobs or is a t shirt. I mean a legitimate blouse

0|0
    0|0
  • A short dress in summer. A short dress with thigh high socks in winter. White converse low tops for shoes. Comfortable and cute. :)

2|0
    0|0
  • Usually I have a favorite outfit at any time, I always wear that on dates lmao. Usually some cute skirt and top or a dress.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have noooo idea! I never had an actual date before, the most was just casual hangouts with my ex boyfriend 😂...

I think I would wear a nice casual dress maybe? No idea 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Outfit will always depend on what we are doing. If its a dinner date, a nice dress.

0|0
    0|0
  • I typically wear nice jeans and top with cute shoes. I'm not one to be super dressy, and most of the dates I've gone on weren't to anywhere fancy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depending on where our first date is at, i dress accordingly.

if we are going to the beach, i wear a sundress with a cute bikini.

If we are going to a nice restaurant, i wear a dressy dress or flirty skirt with a top. I save the minskirt for later dates.

the goal is not to come across as a slut or someone that is easy.

Later when you are dating the guy more, more sexy outfits are appropriate, fun, and necessary to advance the relationship.

so like on the Beach Date, i would wear one of my older black bikinis that are sexy, but dont reveal too much, esp the butt and keep it a good 4 inches above the hoohaa.

After have been going out a while, I wear my tiniest string bikinis.. the ones where they tie on the hips and the front is obvious I have shaved my pubes smooth... tells my guy there is more to come if he plays his cards right.

0|0
    0|0
  • It totally depends on date and mood. It can range from a simple cocktail dress to a revealing mini dress

1|0
    0|0
  • i'm a girl but depends where you go, make sure it's kind of nice in a way and that you feel comfortable

1|0
    0|0
  • Tank top maybe some cute jeans, nothing special really

1|0
    0|0
  • Casual clothes for just a Coffee/movie or a bit more dressed up for dinner/bar

1|0
    0|0
  • Serving sexy but not too sexy. With a LITTLE BIT of makeup (mascara and some lip gloss)

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on where and what type of date it is.

2|0
    0|0
  • T shirt and Jeans

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes