Are Health Issues a Hindrance When It Comes to Dating?

Whether it be you or the person you’re interested in, are health issues a factor for not pursuing a intimate relationship? Where do you draw the line? I’m thinking life is too short, health issues shouldn’t matter.
All helpful opinions! Glad to see the empathy and strive for happiness. The part that didn’t get touched on much is if YOU are the one with the medical problems, do you keep people at arms length or do you let them in? If they keep you at arms length, how long do you work for them to let you in? Any tips?
Very true which is what we discussed so I will have to wait and see how it progresses.

2552

Most Helpful Guy

• I think this all depends on the specific health issues and what one wants from a relationship.
    For instance, if someone had mental issues which with appropriate medication, could be stabilised/managed, I wouldn't really see that as a hinderance. On the other hand, should she be fully unstable and/or volatile, I really wouldn't consider that person tbh.
    Pretty much, as long as the health issue, physically, mentally, emotionally, etc. is manageable in one way or another and she it isn't exactly something contagious or immediately terminal, I wouldn't even consider it to be an issue.

Now this isn't necessarily a "health issue" per say but if someone had some genetic defects or tendencies, or just basic genetically make up (blood type, group, etc) that might clash with mine and this was someone I was thinking long-term, kids, etc then of course, health issues will come into play here.
    But I don't want kids, so I guess that's redundant in my case.

• If I was the one with health issues, I'll be a bit wary about letting others in (which is my nature regardless) mainly because I'll be scared of being hurt.
      If I did date anyone though, it's something I'd let you know on the first date. That's also my nature, I just lay it all (the possible deal breakers) out on the first date (assuming I see potential with her) and let whatever happens happens.
      If it's meant to be, it'll be

• Very true... he specially asked me not to push as he said it’s just how he deals with it and it’s him. Funny because this is just me. When will most men learn being vulnerable at a point like this is not being weak but intimate and sexy. Thanks for your input. It’s extremely helpful😉

• Since he's told you, you better be careful. You don't want to come off as suffocating.
      About men being okay with vulnerability, well, that's an entirely different story.
      There are some of us who understand that and are cool with exposing that side to loved/trusted ones, but we have our own different set of issues, so, hmmm.

Sure, no problem. You're welcome.

Most Helpful Girl

• It matters to men. theyre selfish so they wouldn't want a sick woman. now us women on the other hand are loving

• Wow... who hurt you?

• I try not to! Age doesn’t matter. You go 24 years in a marriage and then back to dating and it just like your 16 again wondering if “he likes you” and all the other insecurities. But he has been slowly opening up and we did have a discussion of moving forward or ending this because I was tired of the ups and downs of attention and withdraw. So the convo ended well with the understanding that it’s his nature to withdraw and handle it on his own and that I don’t handle being ignored well and expect open communication. So we shall see...

• Good luck hun , sounds like your off to a good start.