Why would a guy want to take things slow?

We’ve been talking for almost a year and we’re long distance. I told him to tell me when to visit him and he said eventually. When I called him out on not wanting to hangout with me, he said that we don’t have to rush. But he tells me to say ily and jokes about having babies with me and always talks about how pretty I am and tells me to move closer. Like we’ve never had sex, not even kissed! And he seems to be fine with it and just wants to take it slow! Why would a guy do this?
He’s not asexual or has a problem having sex. He’s had one night stands. And had sex with girls literally 3 hours within meeting them!
He’s not a catfish. We FaceTime and both of us know what the other looks like

1131

Most Helpful Guys

• Well, there could be many reasons, most probabpy he is afraid of telling you something, and by the looks of it its something huge since its been one year. Could be small penis (if you ask directly if he has a micro penis it could help). Just beeing honest, best of luck

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Lolololol I asked! He said that we could meet up but that we should take it slow because he considered me a respectable woman. Thankyou though!! That made me laugh. Trust me I thought about that lol

• Then just hang on and wait 3 more years

• You want answers go and get them, you want to be cool just wait, maybe its a test to see if you dont deviate

• I have done this. I was having a long distance relationship with a girl, never went out in person, never kissed, heck I still never had a first date, or kiss in general, and I am still a virgin.

But I loved telling her how much she meant to me, and I would flirt with her all the time over the phone, and tell her how important she is, and how much I like her, and how beautiful she is. But when she wanted to visit me, I got cold feet and chickend out. I don't know why, maybe the thought of everything becoming official. Everything being real, no longer just over the phone. It was to much. I was younger, immature, and I wasn't at the point in my life where I would have been a good boyfriend to any girl. Call me old fashioned but I believe a man should provide. And I wasn't ready, mentally or financially to be a good boyfriend, a boyfriend she deserved so I kept her at arms length and put a gap between us, because I wanted to be with her, but I would rather she move on and find someone else, than waste her time with me. I still believe that.

She didn't want to be "just friends" and left. I still miss our friendship. I have made many mistakes in my life, especially when it comes to distancing myself from friendships, feelings, and such with female friends.

But I still stand by my choices because I know that they are all doing better without me. As I would have held them back. I am still trying to better myself and I am currently talking to a new girl I met on a dating site very recently, after I figured I would give it a try, and things are going well. I don't know if I will finally have my first ever date, and it be with her, or if God has other plans, and it's still not my time...

But I do know one thing, and that is it will all eventually work itself out. I have faith in God and I trust he will bring the right girl into my life at the right time, and it will all work out.

And the same can be said for you

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I forgot to add, before the girl I did this to left, I told her we should just take things slow. As I liked her so much I could wait to be with for as long as it takes. So I was in no rush, no hurry. And I figured maybe I could have my life sorted out by the time we finally decide to meet someday, and I would be good enough for her. I said we can still be friends until I worthy for her, and then she said she didn't want to be just friends she wanted to be more. And then she left. It broke my heart, but I guess it's fair considering I probably broke hers :(

Most Helpful Girls

• He is trying to make the scene more romantic and pleasurable.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I think that’s what it is. Because he’s in the army and he lives in the barracks so it’s kind of like.. a buzz kill. But before when he wasn’t in the army he had told me to come out in February, and to plan to come and now he says eventually that we should take it slow.

• Thanks for your opinion!

• Yes, your patience can bring you success. Your guy seems to be fit for you, and you too for him.

• It usually means they got someone else in their area already and are just passing time talking to you because maybe he is married and just bored with his relationship. You really want someone who bangs a girl within 3 hrs of meeting her? Sounds like a player to me. I'm sure you could do better. This is the problem with LDR's, you never know what the hell is going on at the other end. They may be interested at first, but if they find someone in their own stomping grounds, who do you think they will pick? And he may have found that "closer" person and is now just seeing how it works out while still keeping you hooked on the line.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • A player would jump on the opportunity to get free sex for like two weeks and not have to see the girl again for let’s say two months or whatever. Essentially, he’s not a player. I don’t see anything bad with him sleeping with a girl within 3 hours. That’s on him and the girl he did that with. I personally would not do that but who am I to judge. Just because people have casual sex doesn’t mean they aren’t worthy of relationships. I feel like a player are those that groom a girl for weeks only to get what they want and then disappear as if they didn’t make the girl get emotionally invested in them... that’s my opinion. But what you said makes sense, I just don’t think he has a girlfriend because of the type of openness and limitless situation we've got.

• Well, guess you can lead a horse to water but can't make her drink. Frankly I would not want anything to do with a guy who bangs every girl he meets. Because sex is all he cares about. If this person lived in your town instead of far away he would have already done you. If you see nothing wrong in that I don't know what to tell you. These type of guys can't be tied down because they think variety is the spice of life. One day you'll wake up.

• Just because he would’ve done me doesn’t mean I would’ve done him. We would’ve ended up in the same place we’re at right now because nothing would’ve changed other than actually being more accesible and not much distance or just not talking because I wouldn’t have put out. And just because he did that with one girl doesn’t mean his entire sexual history has that tendency, you’re just assuming. We have different views on people having sex, no problem.