How to fix the relationship when you genuinely messed up?

So long story short my boyfriend found out things that i had been doing. Like i would be venting to my friends and bringing him down, i was joking with another friend about someone that i “ like” but I actually dont it was part of a joke, that i went out and i didn't tell him and just a whole lot more. I feel like i really messed our relationship and hurt him. I wasn't thinking at the time on how poorly everything looked so when he saw all of this and was telling me it hurt me that he thought i would cheat on him or that i dont love him because i do love him very much so. He kept saying how would you feel if i did that and i told him he was right. Then he said that most people would jump ship and just leave from all of that but he wasn't going to because he loves me. But then he said i need to make a decision, leave or cut the shit. And i told him i didn't want to lose him. He didn’t reply to me. But as the day went on he tried to be normal and talkative but i can tell that things already changed. He wasn't as lovey he hasn't said i love you as much. he's maybe said it once or twice when before he couldnt stop saying to me. I realized i dont want to lose him and i want to tell him im genuinely sorry but i dont know if writing him or telling him this long thing about how im sorry would change anything... i dont want to make things worse and im scared that might. Im scared that one day he will just change his mind and leave so what can i do to let him know i do care and make him care again like he used to. Or is all this just doomed...

1015

Most Helpful Guys

• memegenerator.net/.../...ou-know-that-nowright.jpg

You just have to rebuild trust and keep being kind and sweet. You dealt a tough blow. You said one of the worse things in implying you like someone else and went out and stuff. Hopefully in time it gets better if not then you know with the next relationship not be so careless with your words.

• Actions matter more than words.
    Any time if someone says something negative about him you should defend him so maybe he will believe you didn't mean the negative things you said about him.
    It was pretty messed up, and you can't expect him to believe you really care just because you said sorry.

Most Helpful Girls

• Ah, well I see the issue here. I think it's going to take him time to recover from this. In the meantime, you need to show him you truly care and love him. Start changing your actions; stop bringing him down, start bringing him up. I vent to my friends about my boyfriend sometimes, but I've learned it never really helps and I usually take things into my own hands because it's MY relationship. Of course you can discuss things with your friends, but I'd keep most of the relationship private because it's YOUR relationship. If there's a problem, you need to discuss it with your partner, not your friends. having others input can really ruin a relationship. I'd do something nice for him, like buy him something he wants if you can afford it, take him out to dinner and you pay, do his favorite activity. Just do something that shows you're making an effort and this is your way of starting fresh.

• oh noo. i feel really bad for you. but its really up to him. If he's a good person and really accepts that your sorry then you should be fine. But if he's a painless loser who doesn't love you genuinely than maybe it could be doomed. Hopefully your relationship gets saved.😢