Ladies, would you date someone who is considerably shorter than you? Men, would you date someone considerably taller than you?

Ladies, would you date someone who is considerably shorter than you? Men, would you date someone considerably taller than you?
  • Yes height doesn't matter
    Vote A
  • No height does matter
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Being considerably shorter than me means they would have dwarfism. I haven't met someone with dwarfism in real life, but what I think is that it throws off the proportions quite a lot, which directly affects their attractiveness. I wouldn't have a problem with dating a guy shorter than me, if they still had normal proportions. I know this sounds super mean, because people who have dwarfism can't do anything about it, but that's honestly where I would draw the line.

2|1
    1|1
    • So then you must be pretty short. 4'10 ish?

• Show All
    • I just meant that the medical definition of dwarfism is that they're 4'10" or shorter, but not all people who are that height have dwarfism.

• Well medical people r just mean...

Most Helpful Guys

• I have dated many petite women. I have dated one woman who was my height. I have never dated a woman taller than me because when I have expressed interest, they all wanted a man taller than themselves.

Women are self-conscious about the damnedest things!

0|1
    0|0
    • I don't know how tall those women are, of course, but I can guess that it's likely they've been told (by family, friends, media, etc) at least one of these things: a) that men should be taller than you, b) that most men only want shorter women (as they've been hearing the same things), or c) that being tall is generally not a feminine quality. However, by abiding by these statements, they are severely limiting their pool of potential suitors.

There are plenty of short men who are quite insecure as well - there's plenty of evidence for that right on this site.

• @musicbrain5 You got that right!

• Thanks. It all comes from my experience as a tall women myself.

• It seems that society works as below:
    Men dismiss women for being fat.
    Women dismiss men for being short.

And both blame each other for being superficial.

1|5
    1|0
    • Well you can not fix height but you can lose weight to be healthy but guys dismiss women for not being underweight

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 77

• No, i'm 5ft2 i wouldn't date a man smaller than me.

1|0
    0|1
  • Nope.

0|0
    0|3
    • How come?

• @Samllsnt I’m 5’. If you’re significantly shorter than me, you’re the size of a fucking child. Not into dating someone who makes me feel like a pedophile.

• I have dated a guy that was slightly shorter than me, but I am pretty tiny myself so finding a guy smaller than me is a challenge haha. But if I met a guy that I clicked with who was shorter than me I would definitely date them. If anything I avoid the taller guys as they kind of make me feel overwhelmed

1|5
    0|0
  • I have dated guys shorter than me but not considerably shorter. I'm 5'8 and I most times wear high heels. My preference is men taller than me, 6'2-6'4 are my ideal.

Considerably shorter guys just aren't on my radar, and even though I understand the concept of shorter could be the perfect person, and dismissing them for something they cannot control is incredibly rude, however.. I think I've subconsciously dismissed them way before I know them. I rarely see them as potential partners.

1|0
    0|0
  • Height always mattered to me until I met who is now my husband. I always admired taller guys and at 5"1 it wasn't hard. My husband is 5"3. The chemistry was unreal so my standards of height requirements were gone.

1|1
    0|0
    • I feel like most women's "height preference" is really just "I want someone taller than me."

• I'm 5'7 and so is my boyfriend. I guess I could be with someone who's a couple of centimeters shorter buuut I'm def not super attracted to guys who are a lot shorter than I am. It's not a massive dealbreaker but it does affect how I view his physical attraction.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm 5"5 and I dated a guy that is 5"1 for 6months, he was the nicest guy as a friend, great in bed and was seriously packing. But he was messed up from his last relationship he couldn't trust so well so I walked away before I got my feelings hurt.

0|2
    0|0
  • I've dated girls of all sorts of heights. It's never mattered to me one bit.

I have had it happen to me where I've been turned down by girls because I'm 6'1". I don't get bent out of shape about it, though. Everybody has their preferences.

0|0
    0|0
  • How short is "considerably short"? I'm 6'1", so there is a much larger pool of shorter guys for me than there is for a woman who is 5'5", let's say. I would date a guy who is shorter than me, for sure. For me, someone who is considerably shorter would be shorter than about 5'8". I honestly wouldn't go shorter than that as it's too awkward for me.

1|0
    0|1
    • Dang I am 5'7.5

• Show All
    • No, actually it's from what I've read online in like articles and on reddit forums, it's even in psychology today.

• @ACoate3 Take everything with a grain of salt, especially from Reddit and articles that don't come from scholarly sources. Psychology Today holds a lot of merit, but remember that there are always exceptions to the rule.

• I liks tall guys a lot more than short guys normally. But they don’t have to be “tall” persay, just taller than me. I’m 5’7 so it’s not that hard lol. But of course, there are exceptions :)

1|0
    0|0
    • You're 5'7 at 13 years old? Jesus christ.

• Haha yup! Im tall but definitely not the tallest girl at my school. Most of the girls are 5’6-5’8.

• Short guys have a lot to offer. They usually make up for it in other ways, like muscularity and/or male initiative/dominance. Having a Napoleon complex is sort of cute and endearing.

0|3
    0|0
  • I'm 5'4 and men who are 5'4 are i guess are considered short but for me that's fine cause we be the same height.

0|3
    0|0
    • Made me totally feel better cuz I'm 5'5" and well aware that I get passed up for my height

• @XMan0025 ah good good, i have a cousin who is pretty short and when he was living were i was he was pretty popular with girls.

• @XMan0025
      I am 5'4 and have been passed up because of my height but not much. I have been withmy girlfriend for almost 5 years.

• I am 208 cm tall... basicly every guy is a head shorter than me... does that mean i should stop dating 99,5% of the polpulation just because their genetic isn't in a certain way?

0|0
    0|0
  • I love feeling tiny and cute around a guy. I'm already a petite person, so it wouldn't be difficult for a guy to be taller than me. My preference is him to be taller.

0|0
    0|2
  • I crushed my knight bco'z he's very tall.

It looks so beautiful n masculine , important for me.

It's still ok if he's the same height as me.

I have one or other crushes that's shorter than me.
    But I really want someone taller than me or much more! <3

0|0
    0|0
  • I've dated someone before who was shorter but not significantly shorter. I wouldn't most likely date someone under 6'0 though due to an annoying thing called insecurity

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. I'm 5'10". It would be a small pool to pick from if I didn't date guys shorter than me lol.

1|2
    0|1
    • Hey, we're at perfect kissing level. 5'10 is the average guy's height. So kissing must be a breeze!

• I'm like 5'1 so if he were shorter than me he would look like a little kid.

2|1
    0|0
  • I don't care if the dude is the same height as me, but if he's shorter than me it's an automatic no.

It's not that I'm in "secure" or whatever you wanna call it, it's my preference so deal with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Height is not a big deal to me. Though I have a really hard time finding guys interested in me they are shorter. I’m not very tall myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 93

• I once went out with a 47 year-old woman who was maybe an inch taller than me and I didn't mind at all. Tall women are sexy.

0|1
    1|0
  • Personally, I would not be uncomfortable with up to two inches of height difference.
    Though, I would never approach or develop an interest in a taller woman, because I would automatically assume that me being shorter is a deal breaker.

If a considerably taller woman would express interest in me, and I would deem her interest as reasonable, rather than some kind of a fetish or desperation, I wouldn't mind dating them as long as they would weigh less than me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 6'3 and I already feel too tall at times, not sure how I would feel about a girl being taller then me. I dont think i ever even seen a girl taller then me 6'4 would be too much. I think tallest I could do is 6ft and even that is very rare to see a girl who's that tall.

0|0
    0|0
  • i don't know which i should pick so i just picked no, because if it's under normal circumstances then height does not matter. however, it does matter to me if the person is only 3 feet tall as an adult, i just don't think i can be with them.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know, I'm already 6'2, I don't think I'd want to go taller than that.

1|0
    0|0
    • Would you date a girl who was 6'4?

• Possibly but that's pushing it. Certainly not anything more but I'd probably just stick to my height or lower.

• Honestly height doesn't matter imho.
    It's just dumb to completely ignore someone because of their height.
    Height is just a preference, which doesn't mean that it's a must.
    There are multiple factors why a guy/girl could become interested in someone.
    So if you have a click with someone, then why not take that chance if he/she is taller or shorter than you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tall woman is good stuff. She would than be male basketball player height range. No problemo. Small makes one want to pacify her and tall makes one want to pacify her. I see only upsides. Of course will be a bad thing seeing her having body language and posture of insecurity and weakness while that tall. I guess that'll motivate me to keep her confident.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have met very, very few women who are actually my height or taller. 3? Maybe 4?

I would, and here is why: If she's the one, and we end up being together and having kids, my kids will likely be taller than me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have yet to date anyone even close to my height (5'11"). That's not to say I wouldn't. There simply aren't very many women that tall. I would probably date a woman a couple of inches taller than me, if I ever had the chance. But most woman who are tall like their men at least their height or taller.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly, taller and shorter women turn me on JUST as much as women who are the same height as me. I am very open about height and don't care if I have to tip toe or bend down to kiss her on the cheek.

0|0
    0|0
  • Currently seeing a girl 4 inches taller than me. Doesn't really bother me. If the height difference was about 8 inches or more then no I wouldn't. And I don't like to date girls more than 10 inches shorter than me because I feel as if she's my daughter... just too short for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Guy here. I'm 6'2" and dating a girl taller than me would be any issue at all. I'm thinking of how long her legs must be! So much leg to kiss, sounds hot.

0|0
    0|0
    • You can be tall with short legs my friend is 6 4 with 29 inch I n seam

• Show All
    • well all people are different proportions. most people have functional difference in proportion, doesn't mean its even,

it motivated initially bc i pointed something out and you asked about it.

semantics is meaning, why wouldn't i arguing that lol

• I would and I have.
    She was much taller than me, a blonde Afrikana giant.
    When I asked her what the weather was like up there, she would slap me in the back of the head. 🤣

0|0
    0|0
  • Guess it would be quite awkward at times but not a deal breaker really.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I mean as long as she didn't mind I wouldn't mind and I was attracted to her.. Ion know if I would do taller than 6'5 though.. LOL..

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it would be neat to b e with a tall girl, one tall enough that when we fucked my face would be on her tits.

1|0
    0|0
  • Personally speaking, I dont date any women taller no matter who she is.

2|0
    0|0
  • Honestly height doesn't matter all that much to me. I've had girlfriends who were shorter than me, and have been on dates with women taller than me.

See my thing with height is, you can't really control how tall you end up. It's a combination of so many variables, why would I ever hold that against someone? If she has a great personality, I'm attracted to her, then yeah I'm going to give her a chance. Short and tall women have their pros and cons (although the cons is a very, very short list for both).

0|0
    0|0
  • Because when we are in public, ultimately we need our girlfriend to be beautiful but a little shorter or the same height. But not taller than us. Boys become underconfident

0|0
    0|0
  • That would make her really, really tall, and I do like tall women, so, yeah, I'd do it.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes