Ladies, would you date someone who is considerably shorter than you? Men, would you date someone considerably taller than you?

• Yes height doesn't matter
  • No height does matter

7995

Most Helpful Girls

• Being considerably shorter than me means they would have dwarfism. I haven't met someone with dwarfism in real life, but what I think is that it throws off the proportions quite a lot, which directly affects their attractiveness. I wouldn't have a problem with dating a guy shorter than me, if they still had normal proportions. I know this sounds super mean, because people who have dwarfism can't do anything about it, but that's honestly where I would draw the line.

• So then you must be pretty short. 4'10 ish?

• I just meant that the medical definition of dwarfism is that they're 4'10" or shorter, but not all people who are that height have dwarfism.

• Well medical people r just mean...

Most Helpful Guys

• I have dated many petite women. I have dated one woman who was my height. I have never dated a woman taller than me because when I have expressed interest, they all wanted a man taller than themselves.

Women are self-conscious about the damnedest things!

• I don't know how tall those women are, of course, but I can guess that it's likely they've been told (by family, friends, media, etc) at least one of these things: a) that men should be taller than you, b) that most men only want shorter women (as they've been hearing the same things), or c) that being tall is generally not a feminine quality. However, by abiding by these statements, they are severely limiting their pool of potential suitors.

There are plenty of short men who are quite insecure as well - there's plenty of evidence for that right on this site.

• @musicbrain5 You got that right!

• Thanks. It all comes from my experience as a tall women myself.

• It seems that society works as below:
    Men dismiss women for being fat.
    Women dismiss men for being short.

And both blame each other for being superficial.

• Well you can not fix height but you can lose weight to be healthy but guys dismiss women for not being underweight