What would you consider cheating?

I know some people that only consider it to be cheating if you like the person you are being intimate with, others who say flirting with others is just as bad. These are somewhat extremes of each other, so I was wondering what you, personally, would consider cheating.

2256

Most Helpful Guys

• Matthew 5:27-28

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery' But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

(This was right from the mouth of Jesus himself)

• It really doesn't matter whether you call it "cheating." If you do something that you must hide from your partner, you have violated their trust.

Most Helpful Girls

• Something that would potentially hurt your partner that involves another person. It doesn’t necessarily have to be intimate. But things like hanging out, dating, flirting, sexting or anything type of sensual talk of things 2 people would do to or with each other. If it’s something you have to do behind your partners back because you know they wouldn’t like or or be hurt then it’s cheating. Such as if you have friends of the opposite that you can’t introduce to your partner... that’s not your friend and there’s obviously something more going on than just friendly.

• I think cheating is anything that you wouldn't do confidently in front of your partner. If you're hiding your conversations from them, lying about who you're seeing, flirting heavily/kissing/touching/having sex with someone without letting your partner know, it's cheating.