• No
    Vote B
  • Doesn't matter
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Definitely yes. Men can't always be the ones to make the first move! Women need to step out and make the first move as well!

5|3
    0|0
  • I would say yes, but sadly it will be a long, LONG while before that changes. Women believe that if a guy doesn't show Interest or make the first move that they aren't intrested.

Many men get irritated because a girl dosen't make the first move, but how do you even know if the person likes you? Just because you like her doesn't mean she likes you back. It's one thing if you both obviously like echother, but if it's not like that you have no right to be mad.

I think everyone should stop expecting someone to make the first move. Men and women. If you like someone in that way just go for it.

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I mean if we're in a society where people preach equality, I think women should grow a pair and step up to the plate too.
    I prefer a confident woman just as much as women say they prefer a confident man so, two to tango right?

0|4
    2|0
    • I completely agree with rights come responsibility and some women have been getting by without the responsibilities.

• Show All
    • That is what I meant. Your tone. I should have been more specific... lol. No worries.

• @AuroraRoseat Lol Actually tbh after posting I realized it kind of came off more mean spirited than intended, but can't really edit.

• Sure. Why not? I'm in a profession where getting rejections is part and parcel of the whole experience. You get the rejection, you think about what you could do better, and you move on. Most men (except the clearly psychopathic ones) have also learned how to deal with rejection at an early age. Rejection is good. It toughens you up, thickens your skin, teaches you to look on the brighter sight of things, and you quickly learn not to take rejection personally (unless, like I said above, you're one of the psychopathic ones). If I were to take every rejection I've received in my life personally... well, I would not be the person I am right now. I'd probably be locked up somewhere, in a straitjacket.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 26

• Doesn't matter about your gender. If you like/love someone you shouldn't wait to see if they'll ask you out. It's stupid and you'll miss your chance at a potential relationship.

0|4
    0|0
  • Yes women should ask guys out more often, take their destiny into their own hands. Also if more did this they would understand what guys go through and be more conscientious when declining a guy or even give him a chance. I've asked many guys out, been doing it since I was 11 years old.

0|1
    0|0
  • Mmmmmmm no.. men are naturally hunters and normally seek out what he wants. if he doesn't he isn't interested

0|0
    3|6
  • Hell to the no. You only do that for the guy you've been in a healthy relationship with for a while. All other guys will just date you and another girl... wait are you paying for the date as well? That never works until after marriage

0|0
    1|3
  • I’m saying yes, they always need a push in the right direction

0|6
    0|0
  • I'd say yes but personally for me I probably would not do it myself. Far too shy for the approach.

3|2
    0|0
  • I honestly don't care cause if I like someone, I'd be direct about it and ask them out. So if a guy asks me out I'd be flattered, but if I ask a guy out and he says yes I'd be much happier

1|1
    0|0
  • I did that when I was single. But not because I felt like I "should", but because I wanted to and was interested in the guys I approached. People shouldn't feel the need to ask someone out just because someone told them that they "should". So if a girl doesn't want to ask a guy out, that's her choice, and she may or may not end up alone because of it. Likewise I don't think guys should feel the need that they "should" ask girls out, preferably they do it because they want to? I don't know maybe that's just a suuuuuuuper radical idea or something?

1|0
    0|0
    • Nice one, more or less "if its meant to be itll happen soon enough"/"if one really wants it one will simply go for it" and if none of the two are the case its not wrong by any parts to just let it be, rather than pressurely jumping into something just because society or other persons expect one to... Unless i somehow misunderstood you i couldnt agree more

• @Jackieboi yeah, that’s exactly it :)

• no. its not very manly on the guys part. like r u a man?

2|0
    0|5
  • I've heard/read quite a few guys actually find that a turn off... I guess it's the ones who like "the chase"

0|0
    0|0
  • i already go after guys i like.

1|7
    0|0
  • no, i like not having the expectation to thanks

0|0
    0|2
  • Anyone who wants to ask someone out should.

1|1
    0|0
  • Depends.

0|3
    0|0
  • nope

3|0
    0|9
  • If they want to, sure.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes they should.

0|1
    0|0
  • Oh yes

0|1
    0|0
  • Sure. But I'm not.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 41

• Simple answer

0|0
    0|0
  • Women say they are afraid to do so because of their fear of rejection. I wonder if they consider how nervous and afraid some men are as well.

1|3
    1|0
  • Absolutely!
    They tends to be annoying (in a bad way) when they only swarm like flies that only makes themselves extra available without taking initiative, be straight forward to take what they yawn for.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes they should.
    But don't hold your breath for them to do so.
    Spoiler alert: they won't.
    They never will unless the male population is much less numerous (as is the case after some wars).

0|1
    1|1
    • I've always been the one asking guys out. And honestly who asked who out doesn't matter. Everyone gets rejected and everyone hates asking people out. As long as the person truly likes the other, it doesn't matter.

• Sorry but I disagree my first girlfriend kinda asked me out first and what I mean by kinda is she invited me round to watch some show we both liked then decided to dare me to kiss her lol so I pecked her on the check then she just said "that doesn't count" and lent over me till I fell on my back and just kissed me and then yeah to cut it short we started dating lol

• I think they should, it shows determination and currage, which is attractive in a woman. 👍

0|2
    0|0
  • It might seem fair to make society believe that women should but at the end of the day, women are going to do what they feel more comfortable doing. The same goes for men. I'm sure there are plenty of women out there who already do this but they have the same problem that men do, "rejection". If you're into someone give it a shot. The worse thing that could happen is public humiliation.

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely.

-Saves time
    -They get the guy they want, not just the one who asks them out

2|1
    0|0
  • I think it's dumb that men are expected to ask women out, but in the grand scheme of things who cares. We should all just do the best to get what we want in this life without fucking other people over.

0|0
    0|0
  • Confidence is one of the most attractive things a woman can have. Most guys are very bad at picking up social cues or hints, its better to be more direct. I'm far more likely to say yes to a lady that asks me out, than to ask someone out.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don’t think it should be a gender thing at all. If you’re interested in someone just ask them out. Regardless of gender.

2|2
    0|0
  • I think so... but in a way, I think I'd feel worse about it, because I wouldn't be asked out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Anyone regardless of gender - you want something be honest and clear of your intention. This is how you're supposed to communicate with your SO anyways. So why should flirting any different?

0|0
    0|0
  • If they don't, they may miss out on those that they actually have their eye on. It certainly can speed things up, but it may not do anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • Haha nothing would please me more! Then again if i were to define "more often" as just more than i do all they really have to is ask me out once or twice, so yeah; double standard much...

0|0
    0|0
  • Men should be asking out. But girls should help us somehow. I mean its pretty obvious when some guy likes you i belive. So just see that and help him somehow. Lol I don't know

0|1
    0|1
  • Cause a lot of guys dont have courage to ask. I would love to have girls ask me out or just even come and talk to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Please ask us out more, as a gender we can often be a bunch of dense louts so throw us a bone

1|2
    0|0
  • If they want dick, then that's the best strategy to get it

0|2
    1|1
  • For sure they should its silly to play games like this.

0|2
    1|0
  • Doesn't matter.
    What does matter is that they're taking turns, both actively doing things to make it happen. Typically, when a girl's been asked for a date, she has already flirted with the guy enough, so he pretty much knows the question is welcome.
    Some women do this because they just really like being asked. but at the same time, they've made it real easy on the guy to ask her out. That's perfectly fine and well.

What's not okay however, is to take a completely passive stance in dating like, it's always just one person's responsibility to move things further, every step along the way.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes