Why are you single?

Why are you single?

I tried to include lots of options. I struggled, I improvised, I imagined.
So, are you single? If so, why?
If you're not single, are you happy in your relationship? Do you think it'll leave to marriage?
Thoughtful answers appreciated, but not required.
  • I'm not single, I am in a happy relationship
    Vote A
  • I'm not single, I'm in a bad relationship and I wish I was
    Vote B
  • I am single, and I'm enjoying it and the freedom that comes with it
    Vote C
  • I am single, but my heart belongs to somebody else, so I'm technically unavailable
    Vote D
  • I am single, because I can't get a guy/girl
    Vote E
  • I am single because I haven't met anyone who has caught my interest
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|1

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm struggling with confidence and self-esteem. Plenty of girls have thrown out hints that I should talk to them (making eye contact with me repeatedly, catching them looking over at me, always paying attention when I speak to someone else nearby) but I find ways to convince myself they have zero interest and I'm making it up in my head and that they'd never want to get to know someone like me.

1|1
    0|0
  • I couldn't be any happier of a man with such a romantic, caring and loving girlfriend! I've known her since we were little kids, in which over time our friendship evolved into a relationship and we've been deep in bonding ever since <3 She's the only woman in my life I can envision being in a relationship with and I look forward to our marriage when the right moment happens!

I've thought about my life in the past being single; it was quite lonesome and not so motivating. I didn't feel like I had to try all that hard with impressing anyone when I lived on my own; felt like I could do whatever I wanted which lead to laziness and lack of passion. I used to believe I was happier being single but I felt more inspired and motivated if someone was there by my side! Everyone's different and I feel like I'm much happier as a person if I devote my attention and love to someone I really care for! Looking back from being single to being in a relationship now for almost 8 years, I'm significantly happier with my girlfriend and I'm glad I made that important choice to ask her out instead of bailing out

1|1
    0|0
    • Awww thatโ€™s sweet, thank you for sharing your story

• Show All
    • Thank you :)

• @2opaz @Valiant
      You're very welcome! It's always sweet when I see two happy couple together in the same place! <3 Have a happy marriage together and enjoy the rest of your time here on GAG :)

Most Helpful Girls

• I'm not single and quite sure we'll get married in a few years. I'm very confident about the relationship and extremely happy to be with him. He is the first person who actually likes going in the same pace I do, which is relatively slow. And because we have similar upbringing and history, we really get each other on a level I've never had with anyone else. He truly feels like my soulmate.

1|0
    0|0
  • I was engaged to be married at one time, but the guy turned out to be a scammer and cleaned out our joint bank account and took me for over $25,000. This took place like 4 years ago but it still hurts and I haven't had a relationship since because of trust issues. I was blown out of the water. The OP missed this scenario.

1|0
    0|0
    • Ah, I'm sorry, both about your situation and not including it. I'll update the question and point out my mistake.

• Itโ€™s people like this that triggers my violent side.

Wtf?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 44

• Been single for the past 3 years, first 2 years out of choice, this last year because the dating game and me isn't exactly friends. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

1|0
    0|0
    • My dude, you will get there.

• Hahaha I know, it's not like I'm busy, it was just to prove my point knowing when you're ready to date again. ๐Ÿ˜›

• I'm not single, I am in a happy relationship with the best wife a guy could write a wish list letter to santa clause to ask for, for Christmas

I love you @VaIiant :)

1|1
    0|0
  • Me and @hasrett are getting married soon, in 69 days, 69 mins, and 69 secs to be exact.

2|0
    0|1
  • I'm single because I had a girlfriend and we broke-up and I've since then learned from my mistakes by extension causing me to decide to wait on any relationship until I'm more mature and prepared to maintain one.

1|0
    0|0
  • Mostly due to my own issues. My family is a dysfunctional mess with both parents having had numerous poor relationships, with most of my 'friends' throughout my life having manipulated me or otherwise stabbed me in the back. Naturally, this has left me bitter and jaded towards the very prospect of any woman ever being acting like she's attracted to me without having some sinister ulterior motive like everyone else who has screwed me over-so I don't even bother dating.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because single with a girlfriend or so is the way to go. It is a good life that way. The women I go with like being single too.

2|2
    0|0
  • For a long time my heart belonged to somebody else. Mental blocks put me in a position to reject everyone. All girls.

Now Iโ€™ve started to overcome the mental blocks and started to think more. I am more actively looking.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm divorced and a full-time single parent. So I'm single because of lack of free time and I haven't been able to find someone that only wants to hang out once a week or once every two weeks to just simply enjoy adult fun behind-the-scenes...

1|0
    0|0
  • Voted A, I'm getting married next year. I don't think i've been single longer than a few months since i was... 18? When i just started uni. I really enjoy the companionship of a girl.

Interesting gender spread on the poll, i have to say.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am single, because I can't get a guy/girl
    Honestly i don't know why
    That is the only truth , without any reason to it :\

1|1
    0|0
    • Show All
    • ูŠู†ู‡ุงุฑ ุงุณูˆุฏ ุญุชู‰ ุงู†ุชูˆ ุนู†ุฏูƒูˆ ู†ูุณ ุงู„ู…ูˆุงู„ ูˆ ุงู†ุง ุงู‚ูˆู„ ุงุฑุฏู† ูŠุนู†ู‰ ุญุฑูŠุฉ ุฑูˆุญ ูŠุง ุดูŠุฎ ู…ู†ูƒ ุงู„ู„ู‡๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

• @markjohn9696 hahaha La ya man, it is not that much, but it is not good to talk about royalty anywhere

• Option A. I popped the question in March and she said yes. :)

2|0
    0|0
  • Someone has yet to peak my interest ig... i just got out of a relationship so its like.-.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am single because I choose to be. And because I really don't see the point because I just don't believe or feel that it's going to make things better and make me "happy" either way since I am an unhappy person either way with an unhappy outlook on reality and existence altogether. I really don't think relationships are going to last, that the fact is that they aren't guaranteed to ever last long, if at all. All things come to an end eventually, and can be completely unexpected. I mean honestly would anybody want to be around someone with lots of cynicism and existential despair, and filled with emptiness? Because that's how I truly am and feel. I wonder. It doesn't go away either way. Thus I decided that it is best for to not have anyone at all, so I'd have no one to lose, nor can somebody else lose me.

1|0
    0|0
  • plenty of Hookups, sadly it never went past the fuckbuddy or ONS status ๐Ÿคท
    I will die alone ๐Ÿ˜‚

1|0
    0|0
  • I am single mostly because I am not that social to begin with...

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't know who my heart belongs to, but I'm technically unavailable.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am single, and I'm enjoying it and the freedom that comes with it and I can't be bothered making a effort

1|0
    0|0
  • I am single because I am introverted and keep to myself. I am also not seen as all that attractive anyway.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm kind of waiting, plus lazy, plus shy, and just wasting time till she comes around.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because in public I can't make myself talk to anyone and I'm not "hot" enough for online dating

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 12

• I'm single because most guy's my age I know are very immature and just want sex and I when I actually find one who I think is different they end up being just the same and say they don't want to be with me because I'm "Mrs right but not right now" or I'm to good for them and they don't want to hurt me are usually the main excuses I get, what are probably just ball sh! t and the real is because they know I'm not easy and they'll have to work for it

1|0
    0|0
  • Iโ€™m single because I donโ€™t need companionship in the form of a sexual/romantic partner. I have lifelong friends and I want children. Thatโ€™s all the companionship I need to be completely satisfied.

1|0
    0|1
  • I decided to break up because he wanted to move and I didn't. I wanted marriage and he didn't. And that is in general why I'm single

1|0
    0|0
  • One positive option was missing so I couldn't vote: I'm not single, and I'm in a relationship happily as of today

0|0
    0|0
  • The last one for sure. Also itโ€™s more fun to imagine what my fantasy love would be like. I still want do lots of stuff before I find someone. I feel like if I got in a relationship I would lose the little personality I have. I donโ€™t dare to lose that. I want watch korean drama n sad British romance... lol n I want wear lots of blue... I want make tons of super smart friends... n I want be able to laugh flirt with everyone... ๐Ÿ˜‚ I feel the older I get the more I realize how deep my heart goes... something I wouldnโ€™t be able to do or know that I was capable as a teen. I also pretty much emotional so i have to be very careful not to fall for someone dangerous or evil. I guess I am a complete hopeless romantic but I donโ€™t like that side of me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am single, but my heart belongs to somebody else, so i'm technically unavailable
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

1|0
    0|0
  • C and F.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am in a happy relationship

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't go out and talk to anyone ๐Ÿ˜‚

1|0
    0|0
  • Waiting to meet a new guy...

1|0
    0|0
  • I dont even know why I'm single ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ sad life

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm single because I don't get out of the house.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes