Why are you single?

Why are you single?

I tried to include lots of options. I struggled, I improvised, I imagined.
So, are you single? If so, why?
If you're not single, are you happy in your relationship? Do you think it'll leave to marriage?
Thoughtful answers appreciated, but not required.
  • I'm not single, I am in a happy relationship
  • I'm not single, I'm in a bad relationship and I wish I was
  • I am single, and I'm enjoying it and the freedom that comes with it
    Vote C
  • I am single, but my heart belongs to somebody else, so I'm technically unavailable
    Vote D
  • I am single, because I can't get a guy/girl
    Vote E
  • I am single because I haven't met anyone who has caught my interest
    Vote F

1446

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm struggling with confidence and self-esteem. Plenty of girls have thrown out hints that I should talk to them (making eye contact with me repeatedly, catching them looking over at me, always paying attention when I speak to someone else nearby) but I find ways to convince myself they have zero interest and I'm making it up in my head and that they'd never want to get to know someone like me.

• I couldn't be any happier of a man with such a romantic, caring and loving girlfriend! I've known her since we were little kids, in which over time our friendship evolved into a relationship and we've been deep in bonding ever since <3 She's the only woman in my life I can envision being in a relationship with and I look forward to our marriage when the right moment happens!

I've thought about my life in the past being single; it was quite lonesome and not so motivating. I didn't feel like I had to try all that hard with impressing anyone when I lived on my own; felt like I could do whatever I wanted which lead to laziness and lack of passion. I used to believe I was happier being single but I felt more inspired and motivated if someone was there by my side! Everyone's different and I feel like I'm much happier as a person if I devote my attention and love to someone I really care for! Looking back from being single to being in a relationship now for almost 8 years, I'm significantly happier with my girlfriend and I'm glad I made that important choice to ask her out instead of bailing out

• Awww thatโ€™s sweet, thank you for sharing your story

• Thank you :)

• @2opaz @Valiant
      You're very welcome! It's always sweet when I see two happy couple together in the same place! <3 Have a happy marriage together and enjoy the rest of your time here on GAG :)

Most Helpful Girls

• I'm not single and quite sure we'll get married in a few years. I'm very confident about the relationship and extremely happy to be with him. He is the first person who actually likes going in the same pace I do, which is relatively slow. And because we have similar upbringing and history, we really get each other on a level I've never had with anyone else. He truly feels like my soulmate.

• I was engaged to be married at one time, but the guy turned out to be a scammer and cleaned out our joint bank account and took me for over $25,000. This took place like 4 years ago but it still hurts and I haven't had a relationship since because of trust issues. I was blown out of the water. The OP missed this scenario.

• Ah, I'm sorry, both about your situation and not including it. I'll update the question and point out my mistake.

• Itโ€™s people like this that triggers my violent side.

Wtf?