How often should significant others meet?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 2 years now and we've been fighting over this forever. He says I want to meet too often and I think he doesn't and makes me look like I'm really clingy. So how often should a couple meet?

2447

Most Helpful Guys

• Tbh I can comfortably say 2 times throughout a 7 day period an space them out so maybe ie. a Wednesday and Sunday... the reason I speak of this is because a man looses interest in things he can predict with that being said he looses ambition to ask the simple things like”how was your day?” And many others etc... texting can remain every day but with that being said give moments and time for each other to love to be able to have a conversation that brings intense feelings they did when you first started dating

• That depends on the two people involved. I suggest that you both take the quiz at www.5lovelanguages.com That will show you what kinds of things are important to you and make you feel loved.

My guess is that your score for Quality Time (doing things together) will be significantly higher than his and that's the reason for your disagreement. No score is wrong, but seeing where you are different will show you where you need to compromise.

Hopefully once you both understand better what your partner's needs are, you'll be able to work out a compromise that you are both satisfied with. If you're not able to do that, then you might want to consider finding new partners.

My Quality Time score is high. I like to spend a lot of time with my partner. In my previous relationship, my ex's Quality Time score was low and that was source of friction and one of several reasons we split up. My girlfriend now has an identical score to mine and it's much easier because we both like to be together a lot so we don't often have conflict about that.

Most Helpful Girls

• In my opinion, in a romantic relationship you don't need to be together 24/7 but most couples tend to cut some time from their 'individual time' and make it 'couple's time'.

Someone commented that they don't need to meet their SO more than once every few weeks. To me, unless they're on the military or have other career contingencies, that's not love.
    If my boyfriend told me he thought I was too clingy because I wanted to spend more time together, I would quickly assume we were either not compatible or he didn't really like me that much.

Maybe you guys are still too young and he doesn't wanna commit to a serious relationship yet.

• Exactly you are in a relationship because of companionship other come later , and about the work every one you knew has no time its just about priority and if for you work is more important than let say you are not cutout for relationship

• I think as often as the 2 people want to see each other and can see each other with their schedules and monetary concerns. I see my boyfriend once a week and talk to him for about 20 hours a week but when we first started dating I saw him once every 2-5 weeks and we talked for 6-8 hours a day. He was so poor he was skipping meals because he did not have money for food and I had more money than him but I was also broke. That's why we didn't meet very often.