Guys: How often do you assume a girl is taken?

If you see a girl who you think is cute, how often do you not approach her because you assume she's taken? I hear all the time about guys assuming this kind of thing, but I personally think it's bullshit. If a guy wants you, he'll find a way to let you know.

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• I would not approach even if I knew she was not taken. Girls are way to mean to guys approaching them to attempt to try off line is asking to be called a creep.

Unless you are perfectly her type.

0|4
    0|1
  • You're correct.

I generally don't approach women any more in person, but in my 20s and 30s, unless she had a wedding band, was with her boyfriend, or I knew she was in a relationship, I would approach her if interested. In general, I'd assume she was single unless there was a reason to think she wasn't.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Most guys hate rejection so they assume most girls they are interested in are taken just so they avoid being rejected

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 69

• It happens more than you think. Along with the general fear of rejection and lack of self confidence, men will not approach out of respect. They don't want to hit on a woman and have her husband walk up on them. If you are in a relationship and a guy hits on you, what would you think of him?

0|0
    0|0
  • There is a nurse at my dentists, we hit it off from day 1 of meeting, I always assumed she was taken, but she recently popped up on tinder, problem is now I don't want to instigate anything because I don't want to spoil the conversations we have, I see her as a friend, even though I would be interested in seeing if more is possible.. so I guess initially thought she was taken, now I just don't want to lose a friend.

1|0
    0|0
  • If a guy finds a girl cute he is probably not the only one to think so. Walking up to a girl and asking them out is not easy and men are often rejected. The best way to avoid the rejection is not to ask at all, but if you don't ask you feel bad for not trying. However, if you can justify not asking by assuming they are taken, then you don't feel as bad. Girls could always start asking guys out. I find most women don't do it for the same reason many men are scared to do it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lets me be straight. To me a girl or a boy is only permanently taken once they get married (then it becomes a legal religio binding on them) and then any third person is interfering if it is consentual. Otherwise this boyfriend , girlfriend people make a big deal about it is usually temporary.

I have seen girls making big deal about their man (boyfriend) and refusing to recognize them even once they marry some rich boy despite being ugly. The boys face is worth looking in such situations.

0|0
    0|0
  • 100% of the time until she says she isn't. Too many times have girls Im into casually brought up a boyfriend after I've shown interest and it always hurts xD either they're not single, or they end up being lesbian. In any case, I just enjoy the company.

1|0
    0|0
  • Like, 99.9% of the time. I just automatically assume so, because in my experience, they are. Or they say they are anyway lol. So no it's not b. s. And no, if a guy wants you, you may very well NEVER know with some guys, like me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nowadays its like every girl is taken... And for me... If i see a nice girl and if i like her at first sight... I, d be cautious not to mess things up... So i, d research on her first... If she's taken or not... I can't assume if a girl is taken by only looking at her... I mean there are pretty girls being single cause no one proposes her as everyone thinks "shes so pretty, she must be taken " maybe thats your problem too...

0|0
    0|0
  • We don't approach women just because they're cute. What men look for doesn't have anything to do with how they look, we prefer a mental and emotional connection. So if a girl is cute, we don't assume she's taken. We just don't have any way of knowing if we would connect with her

0|0
    0|0
  • A lot of guys assume your taken, and sometimes it's hard because some girls flirt with guys a lot, and sometimes they flirt with their male friends, and they also go out and do stuff and sometimes it's hard to tell when friend ends and boyfriend begins.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never messed with another guys girl. I'm not into ruining relationships. If I'm interested in a girl, I'll observe and/or ask someone, perhaps her, if she is she's taken.

0|0
    0|0
  • If she's appealing, I almost always assume she's taken. It's easier to just not try than risk getting shot down. Women shoot guys down for all kinds of silly things, most of which have very little to do with anything that we could control.

0|0
    0|0
  • I always assume she is taken because of how amazing she is so I just keep it on the down low and try to become friends. But I will approach her if I really wanna know whether she has a boyfriend or not

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I am shy and lost hope that any girl would actually want me so I generally don't approach girls nor boys... but I assume most of the girls i see are taken or worse, would love to just ignord me forever

0|0
    0|0
  • I think she's taken if she's wearing a ring or tends to hang out a lot with a specific guy. xD

1|0
    0|0
  • It's up to her to tell me if she's taken. I don't take her relationship status into consideration before I talk to her. Unless she has a wedding ring. I'll always respect that.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't necessarily assume she's taken, but rather that she's out of my league and that I have no chance, so I still don't approach anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly what I do is tell my good friends to ask around about her. In a few days i get to know if she is taken or not. If no one knows then I go and talk with her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most times. And why would you think its bullshit? I think you're living in a fantasy world. Its not always possible to let a girl know you're interested in her due to social or other reasons.

0|0
    0|0
  • I assume she's taken unless I get a clue otherwise. Hate coming onto them onto to find out there's no chance

0|0
    0|0
  • I assume it based off of respect for the potential boyfriend. However I have asked girls on dates, then found out they werent single, so I back away. But for the most part I just assume it's the case

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 4

• its weird that everytime i see an attractive guy i find out theyre takn :/ but most girls i know are single so its weird how that worked out... unfortunate

0|0
    0|0
  • I never assume
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|0
    0|0
  • Often I guess

0|0
    0|0
  • In my case they usually ask when I leave: are you going to meet your bf? And then they know I'm single 😂

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes