Guys: How often do you assume a girl is taken?

If you see a girl who you think is cute, how often do you not approach her because you assume she's taken? I hear all the time about guys assuming this kind of thing, but I personally think it's bullshit. If a guy wants you, he'll find a way to let you know.

571

Most Helpful Guys

• I would not approach even if I knew she was not taken. Girls are way to mean to guys approaching them to attempt to try off line is asking to be called a creep.

Unless you are perfectly her type.

• You're correct.

I generally don't approach women any more in person, but in my 20s and 30s, unless she had a wedding band, was with her boyfriend, or I knew she was in a relationship, I would approach her if interested. In general, I'd assume she was single unless there was a reason to think she wasn't.

Most Helpful Girl

• Most guys hate rejection so they assume most girls they are interested in are taken just so they avoid being rejected