Have you ever fallen in love with an older man?

I’m attracted to older men. I don’t think men of my age suit me well. What do you think of younger women? Would you date one?
What should I do?
Updates:
Thank you for all your opinions ! I loved hearing you speaking

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Women fall in love easier with older men because they are more subtle with flirting and know how to build attraction. Young guys take things too literally and don't crrate emotions in women.

I find younger girls easier because they want new experiences and haven't been damaged by multiple failed relationships. They are more open to meeting guys because they don't reject them as soon as one of their criteria gets broken. They like the attention more compared to older women who are sick of it.

2|0
    0|0
  • I date women who are younger than me. Not for the simple fact that they are younger, but because I actually identify more with a younger crowd.
    I do also go out with women who are around my age as well. But, they can't be homebodies just sitting around talking about doctor visits.
    I'm up and about constantly doing things. Once in a while I may take a few days off and just do nothing. But, most of the time I'm out and about.

I enjoy being with people who like to discover new things, travel, and generally enjoy life. Those people happen to be younger. That's why I do it.

If you like older men, then I say go for it. Age only means he has more experience. Just don't let it come between you. Also, don't let him treat you like a kid. Some older guys try to give unwanted advice to try and steer you from making a mistake. A gentle reminder should prevent that if it comes up.

Best of luck.

1|0
    0|0
    • You really explained yourself well and now I understand why people want to date younger ones. Don’t worry I always defend myself, thank you

• Show All
    • Thank you for the MHO.

• My pleasure !

Most Helpful Girls

• Yup. He's not extremely older but he is older. He's 26, I'm 20. I've always been attracted to older men/women.

If you're attracted to older men go for it, provided you both are consenting adults and you don't lose yourself and your understanding of your own importance.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on what you think consider as old. My boyfriend is 7 years older and most would consider that as a huge age gap, but I don't agree with that. I think over 10 years is a huge age gap.

However, why should you care about the opinion of other people? Do it for your own happiness.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 21

• I'm currently Dating a much younger woman (not as Incredible as it may Sound), so I am obviously open to it. People should be able to be with the Person they want to be with.

1|1
    0|0
  • I would be open to dating a younger woman if she:
    1. And I were compatible.
    2. Would stand by me and stay loyal, especially if I were criticised or got in trouble for being with her.
    3. Never brought up our ages in arguments or unguarded moments.

1|0
    0|0
  • Up to ten years older is quite common. At or after forty, then up to 20 years.
    Older guys are smarter, better looking, have more money, are better in the sack, and know better how to treat a lady. Many are also looking for a life partner, and will tell you so, or simply proposition you for sex. It's up to you to qualify them.

So you really can't go wrong. Just make sure he isn't already married, or divorced with a couple of kids in tow. ;)

2|0
    0|0
  • I have never fallen in love with an older man.

A few of my younger girlfriends have fallen in love with me, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 while I have been in upper 30s and 40s at the time.

My current girlfriend is 21 and she is in love with me.

The thing about younger women is that the ones I date always have certain things in common. They are all mature compared to their average peer, they often have friends that are much older than they are, they not only prefer older me, but also do not find boys their age attractive.

1|0
    0|0
    • As far as what you should do, what do you want to do?

• I sort of have feels for a guy rn but I will let the time pass and hope for the best

• Older men want a woman for the long term. Most younger men don't have a clue what they want so they just make it up as they go along and hope for the best.

2|0
    0|0
  • 7 years isn't older. It does show you are looking for more maturity than the guys your age show. I look 10-15 years younger than what I am. I hardly ever attract women my own age and I like it.

1|0
    0|0
  • You have a good taste. :D However - A real big age gap seldom works well. There is something like ''personal lifetime evolution'' (my opinion)

1|0
    0|0
  • Well I would only do 26-35 age girls. As long as she knows what she wants and does not play games im good.

1|0
    0|0
  • I just recently posted a question about finding a younger girl to date and possibly marry. I think this type of relationships are actually most stable and happy. Where are you from?

0|0
    0|1
    • This individual has serious mental issues.
      You should really seek therapy... all your answers are disturbing

• Show All
    • Exactly the kind you love to have in your ass, but it ain't happening babe. So sad.

• You are so deluded it's actually tragic. Get well soon

• I am 62 and have a thing for younger but legal girls.

2|0
    0|0
  • I would date younger within reason. But we would have to have a deep mutual connection and feelings.

1|0
    0|0
  • I older and have been attracted to young women who love older men. No problems here

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes i like dating younger women.

1|0
    0|0
  • this is extremely common

1|0
    0|0
  • Id date a younger women in a heartbeat.

1|0
    0|0
  • No I have not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure didn't

0|0
    0|0
  • i date younger, im 31and she just turned 18 few months ago

1|0
    0|0
    • How was yout experience dating her?

• so far so good, can't complain even tho she's pretty young

• Nice

• Am i in the range u like?:)

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 13

• Not too much older but my ex is 30 and I am 23. Unfortunately, our relationship didn't work out and I don't think I would want to date someone that much older than me again. I would preferably like to stick around the few years (as in, 2-3 years) older or younger range. Any more than that I feel like can get complicated because you are both in different stages of life.

That being said, I don't judge. It's your life and you can date whoever you want. As long as both people are over 18, there's nothing wrong with age gap relationships. I just think that in many cases, they can be more difficult to navigate than when you are dating someone closer to your age.

1|1
    0|0
    • Thank you so much for sharing your experience! Now I can see with another vision 😊

• No problem! :)

• When I was younger, maybe 13-14 one of my my first crush was on a guy who was around 17-20. Now, the age doesn't really matter. I've found myself more into younger guys oddly. Maybe because they were the guys around me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Define older. I wouldn't like to be with someone that could be my dad, neither with someone very young. That doesn't attract me. I like to be with guys who look my age in body and mind. If someone is apparently similar age and mind to me I don't really care if it's actually younger or older than me. I just feel we can talk equal to equal and feels nice to me. My boyfriend is 4 years older than me. I wouldn't say he's old. I usually would say a man is old for me when is more than 10 years older than me.

However, as I said, I wouldn't be with someone too old or young. But if someone really like someone more than 10 years older or younger, go for it, it's your happiness and you're not hurting anyone.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, they sexay.
    Just 10 years is too much, they ain’t cute after that.

1|0
    0|1
  • Yes, currently engaged to a 43 year old. Quite common

1|0
    0|0
  • Older men are safer younger women will are cheaters

0|0
    0|0
  • Only for actors...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I have. I was 24 and he was 44.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I haven't. But I could.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah guys my age are just less mature by default

1|0
    0|1
  • I wouldn't say it was love. But when I was around 15/16 I had a thing with this guy who was in his early 20s who used to chaperone me when I visited this other school I had to go to once a week for lets say "extracurricular studies" (nothing to do with me having some screws lose at the time) . I was already very shy but I was going through a really tough time around this age and he could see I needed someone to cheer me up and look out for me.

I would get really embarrassed and blush when ever he complemented me. He'd always make sure I was eating and If I didn't he'd always buy me food an insisted I eat it. Whenever I got cold he'd give me his jacket. I think he really cared about me and after a while we became very close.

All the other students would spared rumors and joke about are relationship but nothing important ever went off, he would just comfort me when I was down, it was more of a emotional relationship. He were starting to get to attached with each other, he knew why I was the way I was and if he acted on his feelings he'd be doing the wrong thing and it's be a massive betrayal of mine and people who hired him trust so eventually left his job once his contract ended and I didn't see him again till I was 18. He was with friends at a football parade and I was with my family at the other side of the barricade and we just gave each other a friendly smile and went are separate ways.

In the past I'd always be the girl who spent lunch with a male teacher in his class room nothing sexual ever happened but I always just formed better relationships with older men and was very mature for my age compared to others.

1|0
    0|0
    • Their was only one who tried to groom me and he once groped me under a table but I got out before it was to late as I could already tell what type of man he was.

• I love your story and I can understand. Yes we develop better connections with other people.

• Nope not in love but I liked someone who’s 8 years older than me

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. He is my first ever serious crush... I've known him for almost a year and I honestly like him so much... he is more than twice my age though... it's 26 years of difference between us... I talked with him everyday for nearly a year and I love talking with him...

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes