Are your standards for dating someone too precise?

Are your standards for dating someone too precise?
For about the umpteenth (It's a real word) time a female friend has told me "I don't understand why you're still single." I repeated my usual answer by telling her: I'm not truly looking for a relationship but, if I did I think I've narrowed down what I want so much that it's impossible for any Woman to meet my expectations. Things I look for in a Woman even with that list I'm still willing to overlook about half of my expectations. The big things are Imagination, Creativity and Trustworthiness. Still I'm always wondering if I'm asking for too much. Even though it's an easy check list to pass in my mind.

What about you?
  • Yes.
    Vote A
  • Maybe.
    Vote B
  • Nope.
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• it sounds like you are just looking for a genuine person to be with and I don't think that is having unreasonable expectations. Especially since the traits you specifically mentioned are about character and not appearance. I say happy hunting and I hope you find the one for you!

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think so. The people I've dated are so different from each other, I don't think I'm looking for anything too precise.

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I also have a list and over time it has become more of a guideline. I would like to get married some day and want a successful marriage so my list is for my future wife, not a SO in a relationship. Therefore I am more open about who I date and if I catch feelings I enter a relationship with that person. I find especially in relationships that I learn about myself and therefore have to go and revise my list. I understand you are more interested in dating than being in a relationship but I would encourage you to take more risks and try out more long term relationships. You may learn that what you thought were deal breakers or what you thought were needs are more like guidelines and expand your own self knowledge.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 16

• Not for what I’m offering, no.

1|1
    0|0
  • It's no surprise if you can't find a relationship that way. At least you're not looking for one.😂
    You can't expect to find something if you're already having an ideal in your head.
    The key is to not have any expectations whatsoever and to. Go with the flow, learn about them, and that's when you decide. Not beforehand. doesn't make any sense to me. Expectations. 😂

0|1
    0|0
  • I think my standards are very high for my age, people of my age almost never fit them. But I hope that when I get older I will find people who do live up to my standards, because I don’t think my standards should be lower. I just want a genuinely good person, who has respect, humour, and is idealistic.

0|1
    0|0
  • When you're younger you don't really have high standards but once you're experienced you realize what you want and don't want to waste time kissing frogs it's good to have specific standards and Deal breakers.

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe. I don't really know, I've got a very specific type (Tall, either light hair, light eyes, or both, smart, slightly nerdy, kind, thoughtful, with bonus points if they have glasses, freckles, or can sing), but while all the guys I've dated so far fit most of the criteria, I don't expect them all to be everything.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have high standards for everything around me but mostly I’m incredibly hard on myself so naturally/subconsciously i am hard on others.

0|1
    0|0
  • I honestly do have extremely high standard when it comes to people and dating. So I don't date people often, but when I do find someone it normally works well until something just doesn't work out for me/or him, but also saying this no one is perfect so most people I do date have missed the mark on a couple of my standards

0|1
    0|1
  • i know what would be ideal but im willing to accept otherwise as long as it works

0|1
    0|0
  • I have pretty high standarts but then again I understand that noone can actually or should actually be put into a tight frame.

0|1
    0|0
  • I like who i like, and depending on the person my standards can be lowered or higher. Just depends.

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 26

• I don't think my standards are high, or precise.

If you'd ask me I'd say someone like me, i expect that a lot of people are like me, im not a rare personality or something, plus honesty and empathy so communication won't be a hassle and problem solving is easier.

0|1
    0|0
  • All I have ever wanted is 3 simple things from a partner:
    1. Knows the value of occasional solidarity aka let's her and myself breath in the relationship
    2. Causes as little drama as possible
    3. Has kind of a free thinking mind going on mixed in with a good dose of sarcastic humor

0|1
    0|0
  • My only expectations are good hygiene, faithfulness, and that my partner be a biological female. If those are too precise than screw it, I'll be a monk.

0|3
    0|0
  • Glasses, smell, movie IQ and toys maybe I little picky. The rest aren't bad though. The hard part is finding someone who are all these things and likes you and is single. It isn't easy😂. So good luck

0|1
    0|0
  • In my opinion it's about the standards being on par with your own personal value. You should date someone who's a similar value to you. Obviously you won't be equal in every way but it should roughly balance out.

0|1
    0|0
  • All I look for in a woman is beautiful, sexy (freaky actually) and smart (enough).
    All that other stuff comes with them if you are strong man.

0|2
    0|0
  • I don't think so. If I like someone and we have good chemistry I don't think that would be classified as 'precise'.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hmm. I wonder how it would have been... I never dated anyone. And being married, can't go to that kind of life now.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm just looking for a nice old fashioned gal, I'd like to think that's not unreasonable.

0|1
    0|0
  • Too precise? No.
    Impossible in the current societal climate? Yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes