Are your standards for dating someone too precise?

For about the umpteenth (It's a real word) time a female friend has told me "I don't understand why you're still single." I repeated my usual answer by telling her: I'm not truly looking for a relationship but, if I did I think I've narrowed down what I want so much that it's impossible for any Woman to meet my expectations. Things I look for in a Woman even with that list I'm still willing to overlook about half of my expectations. The big things are Imagination, Creativity and Trustworthiness. Still I'm always wondering if I'm asking for too much. Even though it's an easy check list to pass in my mind.

What about you?
  • Yes.
  • Maybe.
  • Nope.
    Vote C

1828

Most Helpful Girls

• it sounds like you are just looking for a genuine person to be with and I don't think that is having unreasonable expectations. Especially since the traits you specifically mentioned are about character and not appearance. I say happy hunting and I hope you find the one for you!

• I don't think so. The people I've dated are so different from each other, I don't think I'm looking for anything too precise.

Most Helpful Guys

• I also have a list and over time it has become more of a guideline. I would like to get married some day and want a successful marriage so my list is for my future wife, not a SO in a relationship. Therefore I am more open about who I date and if I catch feelings I enter a relationship with that person. I find especially in relationships that I learn about myself and therefore have to go and revise my list. I understand you are more interested in dating than being in a relationship but I would encourage you to take more risks and try out more long term relationships. You may learn that what you thought were deal breakers or what you thought were needs are more like guidelines and expand your own self knowledge.