How to get over boyfriends sexual past?

I’m 19 he’s 21 and slept with approximately 20 girls. I don’t know his exact number but it’s around there. He went through a sleeping around stage from 17-20 but he is now completely committed to our relationship. He now deeply regrets that part of his life. He treats me with so much respect, wants to wait to have sex and is the sweetest guy ever. I really want to get over this stupid number because it’s effecting our relationship and I don’t want to hold his past against him. Any advice?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow. Thats a question that should never be asked unless your willing to hear the answer.
    The way i look at sex with a new girlfriend is this. When we have sex with each other for the first time. It is our first time. It is as if we are both virgins for each other. After all, everybody like things a little different then others. So you have to explore your partners desires. Be open to new adventures with sex.
    You really can't think about the past. You will drive yourself nuts.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• a number is just that, its only a number. it sounds like you're in a great relationship with a great guy, do you really want a number to ruin that? your boyfriend probably just did some experimenting, and lets be honest, its a good thing you know

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes he’s amazing, came out of what I didn’t realise was a horrible relationship until it was too late and I have never been treated with so much respect

• then focus on that

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• It wouldn't matter if he had slept with a hundred different girls it shouldn't matter now , he's the same guy he always was just as you or any other girl would be if you had slept with a hundred guys. He wants you now after having all those others and that actually makes you better than the others.

0|0
    0|1
  • Don't ruin it
    If everything is going good between you two then past doesn't matter instead focus on the future
    A girl kinda ruin a special bond with me for this particular reason and since then I feel like going on that same path and it's hard to control believe me

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, break it down... over four years he's had approximately 20 sexual partners. That's one sexual partner for every 2 and a half months, approximately...

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 40 and I'm looking for a relationship it's not happening

0|0
    0|0
  • He finished sowing his wild oats. Let it go!

0|0
    0|0
  • It's just a number

0|0
    0|0
  • You Say that like its a bad thing. Girls are always more disgusted to find out a guys a virgin.

0|0
    0|0
  • Im pretty sure he slept with over 21 girls...

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Get his ass tested tbh… for a peace of mind. You could think of that as a clean slate, if he passes. You’re in a better position than his past relationships. He’s starting in a new stage of his life, as an adult. And you’re with him for that. at least he’s been open enough to tell you what his regrets were. There’s trust.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just remember that he's dating/committed to you now
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|1
    0|0
  • focus on positive shit likeeeee the reason why you are together in the first place?

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes