What do you do to get ready for a first date?

It is difficult to pretend to be relaxed!
It is difficult to pretend to be relaxed!
If I am getting ready for a first date - a real date, so I am picking her up at her home - I have a few things that I routinely do to get ready.

1. At least 24 hours beforehand, I make a reservation at a suitable restaurant.

2. I make sure that I have at least $200 available on my checking debit card. I don't want to spend that much but I want to be prepared for the unexpected.

3. I make sure that I have a full tank of gas.

4. I have my car washed, windshields washed, vacuumed, and generally tidied up.

5. I shower at least one hour before I am scheduled to meet her. I want my hair to be dried - naturally - when I knock on her front door.

6. I Mapquest her home address and the restaurant if it is not already familiar to me.

7. I review any messages that we have exchanged beforehand (most of my dating the last 15 years has been with women who I met online.) I want to refamiliarize myself with whatever she has already revealed about herself and her family.

8. I identify a lounge or restaurant, reasonably close to our dinner location, to which we can go for drinks and maybe live music after dinner.

I want a lady to see that I am prepared, that I treat our date seriously, and that I have paid attention to details.

What do YOU do to get ready for a fist date?
Updates:
What do you do to get ready for a FIRST date?

3|0

Most Helpful Girls

• 1. I put on some sweats (after I clean myself)

2. I eat beforehand because I hate going out to eat on a date

3. I meet up with whoever I’m going out with either by foot or car but I prefer walking

That’s it☺️

1|1
    0|0
  • Pick out a outfit and put my makeup on, usually get extremely nervous feeling sick and then worry and then meet them lol, funny enough I’ve been on quite a lot of dates now yet I always feel worried, if I click
    With the person that soon goes away.

3|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I smash my head and face with a 2-pound maul, and put a cyanide capsule under my tongue. Then I realize I don't need a woman to suffer needlessly, so I jerk off and go grab a beer!

1|3
    1|0
    • Had some bad experiences?

• Show All
    • Maybe you need to do something different in selecting women to date! :) :) :)

• My selection is meaningless if they don't select me back. I know you're old, but my generation and younger calls it rape if men select a woman who doesn't also select them.

• 1. You pick the place You like
    2. Have enough money for You
    3. Have enough gas again for Your needs
    4. I keep my car clean anyway
    5. Keep your self clean is a no brainer and never pick her up, what are you a blue pill taxi service
    6. Again dont bother, instead plan on having plan B is she doesn't turn up in 10-15 minutes
    7. Ok
    8. Too much work for something that is not 100% sure. If you do all this next time she will expect the same or even worse she will expect even more. She needs to Prove herself she is worth it before you do all this. Dont be a weakling

0|0
    0|0
    • My style works for me and the women who I chose to date. I hope that your style works for you.

• It sure does work. Its a FIRST date. They first need to prove they are worth it. Today its very rare to find a nice girl.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 21

• For a first date, my personal rule is to follow my usual routine because it allows me to be more clearheaded and since I take care of myself I don't have to worry about looking sloppy.

If I go out of my way to try to look perfect or make things perfect, I find that I'm programming myself to impress my date instead of being open to let them get to know me. Treating my dates like I treat everybody else is what works best for me during first dates.

3|1
    0|0
  • Ah, that’s a good question. And lemme say, You’re a gentleman! If I end up wearing a dress, I shave my legs and maybe my arms in the shower. Then I just wash my hair and condition it which takes me about 30 minutes since it’s pretty long. People say I look prettier without makeup, so I’ll have to choose between makeup or no makeup. Then.. I’m done!

0|1
    0|0
  • It's been a while since I've been on a first date.

0|2
    0|0
    • Do you and your husband have a weekly date night?

• Home dinner date nights because of our kids.
      We feed them first and then send them out of the family dinning room area.
      I cooked an Indian feast tonight.

• Do you have family that takes the children overnight on occasions?

• A smile, my best dress of clothing, my hair and light make up, my full chatter box of non stop topics to talk about! And my time to show that i am fun and adventurous! I enjoy meeting people its sweet!

0|1
    0|0
  • great to see u put effort into the dates. but y do u let ur hair dry naturally? kinda curious

0|1
    0|0
    • I am 63 years old and have a full head of thick, healthy hair. I never use conditioner and I never use a blow dryer. I comb it into place and let it dry naturally. The less I do to my hair, the healthier it is.

• Remove stache, fix eyebrows, watch YouTube, shower, wash hair, chose outfit, get money. Don't feel I need to do anything else.

0|2
    0|0
  • Erm..
    Wax, shower, do my hair, change my outfit 20 times, make sure my car, house, and mouth are fresh and clean!

0|1
    0|0
  • Wow can we go on a date? 👀 I'm just kidding lol but I can tell you take dates serious. That's cool. What do I do? I pick out a really nice outfit, shoes, make sure my hair is clean, fresh and well styled. I put on lipstick, I shave my legs and underarms. I have breath mints. I bring money but I've never had to pay for the first few dates. The guys always insist even when I tell them I will pay for my food/ticket or whatever. I text him the day of (about 4-6 hours) before the date to make sure he's still able to make it. And there ya have it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Dress nicely and wear MINIMAL makeup. Bring a positive attitude and my listening ears.
    Practice my get to know you questions.

0|1
    0|0
  • I dress for the date as needed. As in comfy clothes for a hike, dress for going out, etc. I let a friend or family kno what, where, when, in case something would happen, hopefully it never does. I make sure I make sure I hav extra $, u never know when u mite get a flat tire, pay a toll, change ur plans, or if ur clumsy as I am, knock over a shel of crystal in a store! Yes I actually did that🙄, and of course shower before. I've never gone on a date with a total stranger so Im not sure if my routine would change.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. be naturally buatifull
    2. be yourself
    3. Play open cards from the start

2|1
    0|0
  • Nice outfit, eyeliner and black lipstick, lavender perfume.
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|1
    0|0
  • I've never even been to a first date, but here is what I want to do:
    1) Skincare and drinking a lot of water. Starting from one week before the date.
    2) Picking an outfit that's flattering, comfortable and makes me feel good. Confidence is key.
    3) Plan my schedule surrounding the date to make sure it does not get interrupted and I can be ready ahead of time.
    4) Keep more money with me than I need even if he's paying. You never know when unexpected things happen. OR if that time I'm not earning money and I only get money from my parents, I'll just go with all the little money that I have and pray that everything goes well lol.
    5) Probably tell my parents a good plausible lie before I leave and make sure I have a few trustworthy friends aware of it. Cause my parents will never approve of a date lol.

Other things depend on the date.

0|1
    0|0
    • "Cause my parents will never approve of a date lol" that's how you end up killed in a ditch you know

• Aw man, I haven't been on a first date in years.

The week prior, I'll exercise better and eat better than how I typically do lol.
    Do a little extra for my skin care routine so my skin is radiant and have no blemishes.
    Honestly, knowing myself I'd buy a new outfit (lol).
    I'd also have my car washed if I am meeting him somewhere.
    Have more than enough cash on me just in case.
    Make myself look good lol
    Maintain good communication from the time we plan the date to when we actually see each other.

ugh I don't know I am so rusty lmfao. I don't know how I'm gonna get back out there again.

0|1
    0|0
  • Brush my hair
    Pick out a nice Outfit
    Put on perfume
    Shower beforehand
    Pick out a location
    Make sure I have the right time

0|0
    0|0
  • Get out of bed.

0|2
    0|0
  • Put on my big girl panties.

3|1
    0|0
  • You shouldn't go on dates it's degenerate as fuck

0|0
    2|2
  • Shave, do my eyebrows, and prepare a nice outfit

1|1
    0|0
  • Get a shower
    Good dress
    Make up

1|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 22

• I take a shower, put on a decent set of clothes that are similar to what I wear every day but a little better.
    Alas, I have been on a date for a long time.
    Nobody wants me.

1|1
    0|0
  • Last time I went out and bought a suit to go to dinner... She didn't spend as much time getting ready as I did

0|1
    0|0
    • Don't give up. There are women who take dating seriously, they will make just as much effort to make a good impression on you, and they will appreciate your attitude towards dating.

• I have never been on a date nor will I ever go on a date

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't date... I hook up. I gotta say, damn dude, you do a lot for a date. I couldn't even make myself care that much if I did really date. ... and you do all this routinely? Props for all that work dude... props.

0|0
    0|0
    • When a woman has a first date with me, she knows that I am treating the occasion as important and it suggests that I will treat her like a queen if we start dating. Of course, I will also expect to be treated like a king. Anyway, it has resulted in many satisfying relationships for me.

• Hey, if it works it works. For me though, I just mess it up when I plan too much... so I just wing it, and I have to admit my method doesn't always hit the mark. I always say I don't go on dates, I just agree to hangout.

• - Wash
    - Get dressed
    - Focus on trying to have fun, despite the upcoming date no doubt being more like I'm going to a job interview than a date.

0|3
    0|0
  • I do/did all of the above, plus I ejaculated immediately before I left home.
    This allowed me to think with greater clarity, focus on the situation and to be less open to manipulation by the female.

0|1
    0|0
  • I really gotta step my game up Jesus. Hope it goes great for ya

0|1
    0|0
    • Ok let me state what I do for a first date. Right off the bat I will look into what the person enjoys doing (living in the south a lot of girls love the outdoors and things to go along that line) so I than look at what they love to do but cannot do often and offer that as a date. The last one I was on i had brought her to my work (a 70 acre farm with 30 pure bred Arabian horses) and showed her around, I introduced her to the babies (she was overjoyed when she pet one) and went riding around the trail over the road (my boss was perfectly fine with this because he loved the knowledge the horses where getting there exercises and going out of there boring paddocks) and at the end of the date when we where leaving I stopped on the side of the road and picked her some wild flowers that had bloomed.

• The most important thing I do is be ready mentally.
    I do some meditation to be more aware of myself and that helps TREMENDOUSLY
    Girls will notice how in ease you are With yourself

0|1
    0|0
  • Never really made plans just asked a girl. "Hey want to go on a wild date?" Sure? Ok follow me. "Drove to the sky diving area and we went sky diving". She had a blast.

0|1
    0|0
  • I will tell you all about it when i move to America.

I would have similar plans to yours. Minutes what i don't have (car). And i think dinner dates for first dates just isn't my style at all.

Add deodorant after shower.

0|0
    0|0
    • For my generation, dinner is the standard first date. It provides time for conversation and it is easy to transition into drinks afterwards. It is also a "safe" date for a lady because we are in a public place and she does not have as much worry about be trying to be aggressive with her. (She sould obnly worry about that if she does not already know me.) I can think of other activities for a first date, like going to the beach or the zoo, but there is no need to put a woman outside of her comfort zone on a first date.

• I love beaches and swimming! I would get a date right there. The woman i used to date hates beaches with a burning hatred. 😑
      A local park would also be fine with fountains.

comfort zone is very subjective. For some women even going out of the house is considered out of their comfort zone. That would be their problem to solve, not mine.

• I was thinking of dating women on the beach since I frequent there but there are always 100% of the time not the same people there.

• What do YOU do to get ready for a fist date?

For a fist date.
    I think it takes clean hands. 🤣😂🤣😂🤣

0|1
    0|0
  • LoL I think I will just take your list - You seem to have everything under control

0|1
    0|0
  • I usually put on some sexy underwear that I rarely wear not in hopes that she sees them but so I feel sexy and confident cause it's a struggle for me

0|1
    0|0
  • Make sure I have good clothes available, shower, manscape, pep talk

0|1
    0|0
  • Buy a box of condoms and a half dozen roofies... I don't have a serious answer.

1|1
    2|0
  • Just dress up well and make sure I can afford to treat her for a really good time.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well you're a former attorney so you can afford to do all these things plus all the professional planning

0|0
    0|0
  • I make sure i dont get nervous by thinking too much

0|1
    0|0
  • Get money.

0|1
    0|0
  • I take a shower. That's about it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys