All my friends have boyfriends/fiancés and I’m still single at the age of 21. how can I find someone?

I was with my ex for 3 years and he left me because the spark had apparently gone. He was my first proper boyfriend when I was 17 and generally thought we’d last. He’s got a new girlfriend now anyway as I stalked his Facebook account.

I have tried tinder, I have tried POF, I have tried night clubs

People always say you can’t meet the love of your life at a nightclub but my friend met her boyfriend at a club and they’ve been together 6 months now.

I’m just sick of being on my own. I want to become a mum in the next year or two. I want to make my parents grandparents someday. I just feel like time is creeping up on me.

My friends are all too occupied with their men and hardly speak to me as much as they used to.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• First step... stop giving so many fucks about what other people are doing, or what other people are having...

It sounds more like you want to pair up because you worry too much about what everyone else is doing, than really wanting to walk your own path.

''Sick of being on my own'' then how is someone else going to feel different being with you if you can't stand yourself?

Think about what you just wrote. Does it come from a place of abundance, or lack? love or desperation? truth or conforms?

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Darling, you're so young! Relax, enjoy being free and having fun. Go on girly holidays, have a laugh, go partying! Don't freak out about settling down so young... if you meet someone, great, but don't forget your career and your future in the process. You've got at least twenty years to have a baby so calm down! Your parents will become grandparents when the time is right... what you don't want is to have a baby and settle with the wrong person just because you were in a rush to grow up.

0|0
    0|0
    • How can I go on a girly holiday when all my friends are too busy with their boyfriends and rather go ok holiday with their men

• There's definitely time to bide... don't be in a rush to settle. Nothing to stop you going as a group. I doubt you're the only single one.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• You're way too young to be thinking like this. Live and enjoy life, and remember that meeting a guy is often completely random.

0|1
    0|0
  • Don't be sad, your a cute girl and i like your way of thinking...

Your talking like your 35 or 40 years old while your just 21, better wait to find someone who will truly love you and marry you so you both stay together forever... Do not rush!

You will become a mom and everything, by the way do you love to become a housewife when you get married or wanna be a workaholic career woman?

0|0
    0|0
  • You are fine you're 21 and to be honest you sound like someone my age. My advice is to meet new people. Go do things your interest in. This sort of attitude will just lead you to be with some one to be with someone and not be with someone to be with them

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm still single at 23. No hassle. You have almost all time in the 'verse.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're young, chill.

0|1
    0|0
  • At least you had boyfriend

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• At my age, most of my friends are engaged, married or expecting kids.

Meanwhile, I'm trolling on GaG. 😂

On a serious note, it's kinda killing them when they hear my travelling stories and meeting new people so, just take your time and see the world

0|0
    0|0
  • I find it rather odd to be engaged at 21 to be honest. It's perfectly normal to be single at that age, you have a long time to find someone you want to settle down with.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're still so young, please don't get obsessed over the idea of having to be with someone. It'll only lead you to make the wrong choices for yourself.
    Comparing yourself to friends or other people is never a good idea. First u never know if their relationships will last or if they're good and serious rels, second, everyone is different, not all people find their SO at the same age/time. Have some patience, focus on your life and yourself, focus on moving on And not stalking your ex, eventually your time will come.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is what you get for letting the Degeneracy spiral out of control

0|0
    0|0
    • What do you mean by that?

• Show All
    • I understand but I see a lot of 21/22 men become fathers and they love the dad life

• There's probably something fishy about them

Recommended myTakes