Do you dress up sexier when you're single or when you're in a relationship? What's the reasoning?

Do you maybe work out harder when you are single or in a relationship too? Maybe diet harder too?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I dress the exact same, because I don't have different clothes for when I'm single and when I'm in a relationship.

4|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I’ve always liked to dress nicely, single or not. Don’t put as much effort in the gym as I’d like but I just got dumped I’m gonna get ready to look like her biggest mistake very soon ;)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 52

• When in relationship... Never ever before I have cared if I'm sexy at all or not 😅 but now try to be for him

1|1
    0|0
  • Not really. I'm either in one a onesize similar to the one in the picture or a hoodie and jeans. If I'm going out I'll make some effort, but most of the tiem I'm just not bothered. Nor do I have any kind of diet, I work on a system of the more I eat, the more I need to work to burn it off, and since I don't eat much anyway, I'm quite healthy.

0|1
    0|0
  • I dress sexy for my man. He appreciates the extra effort I put in to look attractive and always tells me how beautiful I look when I do. When I am single and not with anyone exclusively, I only dress up for when the occasion calls for it, such as weddings, holidays or going out on dates etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally i dress how i want to dress and that is comfortable, i don't care about looks or much as long as i'm comfortable and can get stuff done without contorting and constricting, but when i see my boyfriend (we're in a long distance relationship) i occasionally dress up sexier for him because i can and it makes me feel good when he stares at me because i look so good to him. it's just something that i do

0|0
    0|0
  • I live in Germany and go to Technical University soo I never dress up because then I get to much attention 😂 I think I'll dress up when I'm in relationship because then people won't stare at me long time

0|1
    0|0
  • Lately-single.

Why-I'm working out more and feel more confident, I want to go out and look good.
    When I was dating someone, we both kinda stopped trying because we saw each other every day. In the past, I dressed nice in front of bfs bc if we saw each other it was a date. I think living with someone changes how you answer this question :) lol at least for me it did.

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't really change either way but I do get more confident when I'm in a relationship and might put more effort in knowing I've got someone who would appreciate it.

0|1
    0|0
  • I dress the same. I don’t ”diet” harder or whatever either. I’ve always been pretty fit/skinny, I enjoy eating healthy and staying at least somewhat active. So that doesn’t change whether I’m single or in a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dress very tomboy and casual and comfortable. Not really in a relationship and dont care to be in one but even then i dont think I'd change my style ( which is just casual , clean and comfortable clothes ).

0|0
    0|0
  • I haven't been single in literally 20 years, so I have no idea. It's an interesting question though. I'd probably dress sexier while single if I dressed sexier at all. I'm a bit old for that stuff..

0|0
    0|0
  • Both. Though once I've been in the relationship for a while I relax and dress more casual. Like a casual cute. If we are in the house just chilling I'll wear sweatpants or pj pants.

0|0
    0|0
  • I only dress up when I'm single for special occasions... But if I have a man always... I feel like when I'm with my man it makes him feel good that other guys can see what he has but can't touch

3|1
    0|0
  • Well , I dress normal , also it depends where will I go... my boyfriend he likes when I dress a little bit sexy especially when we go out and he keeps saying : "Damn look at my girlfriend " "What a chance to have you in my life "

1|0
    0|0
  • Personally, considerating my perennial "lonely heart syndrome", I put more effort when I'm single. This way I can guarantee more attentions and a possibility to change my status, lol :-) when I am in a relationship i relax more, but always try to make myself attractive. Actually, it's a thing that satisfy me at first. :-)

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really. I mean I occasionally dress sexy when in a relationship of course, but I don't really diet more than I usually would. I just try to maintain my weight.

0|1
    0|0
  • I dress however the fuck I want to. I usually wear a sports bra and a denim jacket over it, I don't know if that's considered "sexy", but I wear that type of style daily, even when in a relationship

0|1
    0|0
  • I believe most women dress sexier while bot in a relationship, because they don't have anyone standing behind them saying its too much or not enough. . They feel more comfortable as well.. Also im sure a bunch of women dress sexier to show their ex what they lost (which is stupid, because she should just been doing it the whole time haha

0|0
    0|0
  • I keep it the same. Putting effort before getting together sets expectations and that can lead to perceived slobby in comparison.

0|1
    0|0
  • In a relationship. I feel like i have someone to look good for. Well when we go out. Usually when i used to go out as single i did care much about my looks.

0|0
    0|0
    • Its been 2 years and im still trying to look good for him

• Wow that came across as really depressing!

• Hahah yes i actually suffer from depression. When im lonley i feel horrible. But when i got married i felt like he lifts me up and gives me a reason to feel good and look good.

• "Sexier" if I'm in a relationship. I feel comfortable and happy to do something special for my partner and it makes me feel nice to know they'll find it attractive. If I'm single I usually dress nice every day but not with the intent to be sexy.

0|0
    0|1
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 42

• For me it doesn't really matter, I wear what I want (except for glasses but yesterday people from this site helped me with that, for which I am very greatfu) l, maybe sometimes I will wear some good stuff just to go to buy something in store 2 streats away, but sometimes I dont shave for 3 weeks, I dont know that is something rather unconscious.

0|0
    0|0
  • Interesting question - I find I keep myself better in a relationship because I am more aware of being with someone whereas if I am single I would only go all out if I was going to an event or a night out

0|0
    0|0
  • I never dieted or dressed up when single. I want to find a girl that sees me for who I am not who I pretend to be. Once in a relationship then I'll dress up cause we are basically showing off each other to the public.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well actually yes in some guys dress sexier when they are single.. because they want to attract girls.. when they have a girlfriend they wear normal.. as they achieved their goal.. and maybe sometimes his girlfriend is jealous and told him to wear normal😅

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally it depends on who I'm with or who I'm pursuing. If I'm with or persuing someone who is active and makes me want to better myself physically than I put a lot more effort into it. Not really a great reason to work on myself but someone who makes me want to better myself is always worth it

0|0
    0|0
  • I’ve never been in an official relationship, but when I had a few dates I’d always try and maintain my best look. I want to aim for being better looking than my girl. My appearance is important to me

0|0
    0|0
  • About the same, but in a relationship she might help me pick new clothes that look sexier, and I'm more motivated in general in a relationship as well...

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s the same for me. When I’m single I want to look good for if I meet someone I’m interested in. And when I’m in a relationship I dress good for my partner.

0|0
    0|0
  • With me, did not only change my wardrobe but my entire physical body

0|0
    0|0
  • I always dress sexy. I do it to get a gurl. If i have one, to make the girls jealous. Jealousy expeessed to a girlfriend is currency of value.

0|0
    0|0
  • When you're in a relationship there's no need to be attract anyone because you already have your one and only who'll love you anyway so I guess for me it's when I'm single.

0|0
    0|0
  • How would I dress up sexier? Is that just like wearing nicer clothes, or something different?

0|0
    0|0
    • I think this is a good question to ask on GAG. It actually has probably already been asked. I do know that button down shirts are sexy for many girls these days and don't tuck it in. Nice fitting clothes look better than baggy clothes. That's all I have for now. Good luck!

• Okay, thank you.

• No. I always wear a plain black T. I've never even been in a relationship, what the fuck am I doing?

0|0
    0|0
  • I just dress myself, if they are gonna like my they can see my everyday appearance

0|1
    0|0
  • I guess in a relationship cause she picks out matching stuff.

0|0
    0|0
  • Relationship because when my girl comes into town to see me I want to make a good impression on her. With the jerks who call themselves “women “ in my state (i use the term women as loosely as they are) I couldn’t give two sh*ts what they do or what they think of me i even told a couple of them dont flatter yourselves to their faces when they tried snubbing me off for looking in their direction when i was reading a store sign i even told a few people in my state they couldn’t pay me enough money in the world to go out with a woman from my own state

0|0
    0|0
  • In a relationship, I like to sometimes wear what my girlfriends likes on me.

0|0
    0|0
  • In a relation. I'm trying to impress her. To show I got my shit figured out

0|0
    0|0
  • Just following this thread, hoping for reasonable insight.

0|0
    0|0
  • When I'm in a relationship, because I feel the necessity of being attractive for her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes