Has anyone given up on their love life at 30?

Like I have no good luck dating men and ready to throw the towel in - last date with a man was at 24 and everything after that has been lies, deceit, and mind games from men stringing me along to get sex. I had many heartbreaks and disappointments until now I'm extremely closed off and have nothing to offer to a man, but conversation. I am convinced that I will never find what I was desiring at one point in my life. My family doesn't question my love life anymore and most of my friends are married and settled down - I can't even get normal conversation from men now a days or hang out unless they are talking about sex and or trying to fuck me. I've been in celibacy 6 months. I don't go to bars or clubs to find men. Tried the online dating and most of the men were players and after one thing. Just need insight because I did have hope now I have none towards my love life. It actually depresses me thinking about it.
Updates:
I said my love life not life is anyone 30-40 who can answer this? I'm not giving up on my life, but my love life yes
My dating options are open - open to all races of men - biggest standard is finding a man who has a career own home car college educated or some kind of education - don't mind social drinking but no to smoking and drugs without a criminal record

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• 30+ single women are kinda fucked up. You keep trying to portrait a victim, but am sorry I am not buying it. You were riding a cock carousel when you were younger and you keep doing it. Last date at 24, but had sex 6mo ago. Are you a prostitute or what? How did you have sex without a date? So you basically keep fucking around like you did before. I personally don't date women older than 25. I mean if she is open for sex, no problem, but long relationship, no thank you. And it's not because because I am a douchebag, like you obviously think, but because I did that and I know how pathetic it is. By 30, women become extremely manipulative, they will pretend, lie, and do anything. They know how they can ruin a man's life by throwing a false harassment acusation or use a restraining order which can be issued based on her lie, no proof needed. And I also have some self-respect, why am I supposed to support a woman who has been used and pleasingly abused for more than a decade by an unknown number of dicks. Sorry, no. You were building you career, keep building it. Nobody wants 30+ yo single women except corporations, and corporations want you not because you are great works, but because you create a legally hostile environment for men, do that they can fire men with no compensations and keep wages low.

0|1
    1|0
    • Cock carousel lol f no I don't go around fucking every tom dick and Harry

Most Helpful Girl

• I started a forever alone club... anyways I think you should just settle for an imperfect person and love them perfectly that's what most people are doing today and it's working for them.. men are attracted to you after all.

0|0
    0|0
    • I can't even find a guy willing to put in the effort or work most have nothing to offer to me for a relationship

• Well that's not right those men are definitely out there tho... it's just a matter of putting yourself out there ask a friend to set you up on a blind date something like that. Do you have fb. Are you connecting with men.

• Why do you believe they should offer you something, vs you offer them?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• From your update, what you want for a husband is normal for many women.

Two challenges: (nothing discriminatory just facts)

1) at 30, you have lost the "luster of youth". Hence guys will usually look past you at first glance.

Challenge: beautify yourself with confidence, maturity and preferably savings and maybe a condominium.

In this way, when a guy knows you better, he'll be attracted to your personality.

2) you prefer college guys. This means you look for guys who have higher IQ.

And guys that level have standards too because they know their standing in society.

So for them to choose you as wife material, you need to be witty, conversational yet yielding. Guys with a degree like to lead, not follow.

My opinion is, No, you still have a chance to settle down. But due to your age and the standards you set for him, you also have to match up. Only with these and probably more will man consider you beyond sex.

0|1
    0|0
  • Socially anxious. Balding, loosing teeth, can I attract anyone?

0|1
    0|0
  • My auntie had a kid in her 40s, with a man she met and married.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am 40 and a virgin, I have almost given up on love.

0|0
    0|0
  • Given up? Not me. Life is an adventure.

0|0
    0|0
  • There are plenty of perfectly fine Men on online dating that are looking for something serious, and are great compassionate, exciting and unique human beings. The reason why the men you met are “using you for sex” is because these are the same men everyone wants. A player can’t “play” if there isn’t a plethora of “playthings” to play with.

If you really want to improve your love life there are only 2 options. The first is to expand your horizons and date from a larger pool. No this does not mean lower your standards. It just means give people a chance to impress you with qualities that are beyond skin deep. If you’re getting fucked and chucked by 8/10+, your gonna have test run that funny 7 across the room checking you out.

Almost no woman will exercise that option (oh well, life is life). The second option is improve yourself drastically and be the women that men REALLY want. A guy who has women fawning for him, has no reason to settle down, unless he is fully aware he can’t do better. Women that have amazing personalities never get used for sex, (regardless of how pretty they are!).

I say this as a guy who has over 50 sexual partners, but is now happy in a relationship. Hope this helps, and good luck.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I've given it up already and I'm 21. Can never be with someone I want. So thinking about love or relationships is useless. Better just live my life and accept it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am 30 too and feel the same way, even though I have held off and am still a virgin. It has nothing to do with sex or men being players, but I just have not found love.

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean, there is more to life. Your life isn't over.

0|0
    1|0
    • just wanted points and didn't read ur paragraph lol

Recommended myTakes