Why are guys generally more attracted to girls from their own race while girls are usually adventurous and tend to prefer guys from different race?

Talking to many guys and girls I realized that usually guys are more scared to try something new, to step outta their comfort zone, preferring to stay within their own race, generally choose girls that look similar and have a similar culture.
On the other hand the girls are more open-minded and pretty much wanna try something new all the time and they even get to prefer a guy that has a different background than one of their own (same background).
But why?
Why do girls generally want to step outta that comfort zone so much? why do they prefer the opposite (of them)?

21