I'm always The Friend, does this mean I'm ugly?

Hi!

So this isn't really a complaint, but it's something I've noticed a lot where guys aren't *disinterested* in me but I'm never the one they ask out.

Like guys like me as a friend a lot, like talking to me and hanging out. sometimes they even seem interested but then randomly change their minds.
Does this sound like I'm just not attractive enough to be considered a girlfriend? I mean, you wouldn't just quit on dating someone if you were really interested. And if guys never think of you as serious dating potential, are you just ugly?

112

Most Helpful Guys

• No, it doesn't mean you're ugly.
    What it means is they are not getting a vibe from you that you are interested in going out with them.

If your conversations are purely platonic then it's more of a person to person conversation. It's a conversation that leads nowhere. There's nothing enticing about the topic's other than intellectual stimulation.

What you want is to change the conversation to more of a woman to man conversation. Let him know you are available. Ask him if he's seeing someone, or bring up that you are single and looking. Add some subtle flirtation to turn the conversation a little bit (not overly) sexual. Talking about your worst kiss ever is an example. Sexual, but not overly sexual.

Just let the guys know that you are available. It will take a little courage on your part. It might feel a little strange and outside of your comfort zone if you are not doing it. I've been where you are, but this will payoff in the long run.

• Not at all. I don't have a physical type just a personality type. If you're good enough as a friend you're good enough to date. I felt the same as you. So I can relate to how you are feeling. I had very attractive women friends at your age but they weren't remotely into me. It does mess with your self esteem.
    My current girlfriend had been a friend of mine for a long time first. I had no idea she liked me until a year ago. You never know what life has in store for you. Just be patient and the right man will come along.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you answered your own question within the question