Why do some boys try to insult their girlfriends?

I’ve had an ex who would insult me until I had to break up with him.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• He was trying to get it into your mind that if you broke up with him, you aren't enough of a catch to find someone else. Classic psychological/emotional abuse...

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 28

• first off - either can/will play that game.
    it's intended to get them to go away.
    partners of either gender are good at dishing it out.
    it puts the onus on them to take action.
    added plus is that the abuser gets the added plus of seeing just how much abuse the other is willing to withstand.

0|0
    0|0
  • Boys can act like cunts and they don’t know better. They probably weren’t raised right or are missing s few neurons. It could also be a nature bs nurture thing,
    Monkey see monkey do, seeing an abusive father or something.

0|1
    0|0
  • Works both ways. Women do it to guys all the time too. It is a human thing and not anything to do with gender. Some people are just low-life's with low self-esteem that feed off degrading people and insults.

0|1
    0|0
  • That's just plain dumb.. why do that if they say or do something you dont like just tell her you dont like it or something.. I would never my girlfriend...

0|1
    0|0
  • Some people need to insult others to make them feel better about themselves. It's nothing more than insecurity and jealousy

3|0
    0|0
  • It's called douchebags, it's a pretty common virus all over the world

4|0
    0|0
  • I'm not sure I hear about this type of stuff too.

Maybe girls should stop dating guys with short tempers.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes we boys like to use insults as a type of flirting. But some of us simply don't know how/when to stop.

1|0
    0|0
  • What did he say that was insulting? If you're specific it could give us some insight into what this guy was thinking...

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they are idiots and don't respect the fact that girls are a beautiful human being... In my opinion, these people should be punished in some way

0|0
    0|0
  • According to human psychology... Males have a tendency to dominate... They tend to insult the other person if they find there self respect lower than others

0|0
    3|0
  • Because despite what a lot of white knights would say, some women like it. You just werent one of them and he should have learned that quickly

0|1
    0|0
  • It not insulting actually guy just like making fun of his girl but he gotta know his limits. If he doesn't kick him in the groin

1|0
    1|0
  • If you're with a douche, leave them. You can't expect everyone to be a good partner for you.

0|1
    0|0
  • Perhaps to boost their own ego or to try to control the person.

2|0
    0|0
  • In an angry way control. In a passive way is how male group dynamics work.

0|0
    0|0
  • because they are either innocent and joking, or a complete ignit donkey idiot

that's just my ill knowledged opinon

0|0
    0|0
  • If it doesn't happen too often, it may be only teasing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe it's about low self esteem and bad humour. I don't insult people, but I often tell the truth.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they're immature and don't know how to express themselves

0|0
    0|0
  • Insecure and just immature.

3|0
    0|0
  • They have issues

4|0
    0|0
    • Insecurities. People who are content with themselves won't try to hurt others.

• ... To make themselves feel better.

• There are good and bad people in this world...

2|0
    0|0
  • they are daft no respect for the girl

2|0
    0|0
  • He's an asshole.

0|0
    0|0
  • Are you not over your ex yet? Lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they're shitty, low-grade men.

1|0
    0|0
  • I called her short a couple times.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• Some people (person A) insult their significant other (person B) to lower their selfesteem and to get them attached to them selfes. This often results in person A getting something we in Austria call "Narrenfreiheit" which basically means person A can do everything they want because person B is afraid of loosing them due to their extremely lowered self esteem that leads them to think that they don‘t deserve/can‘t have someone better.

2|0
    0|0
  • My ex only did that whenever he was annoyed with me. So I always saw it as a form of 'punishment' or manipulation, to make me do what he wanted me to.

0|1
    0|0
  • My ex did the same. At some point I got fed up so I destroyed him.

1|2
    0|2
  • Misery loves company hun..

0|0
    0|0
  • they try to dominate her in front of the people

0|0
    0|0
  • Good for you. No girl needs that.

0|0
    0|0
  • To make themselves feel better

0|0
    0|0
  • He sounds immature and also sounds like he did not deserve you.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes