Why would he tell me about his ex?

I’ve been talking to this guy and he just told me about how he’s still friends with his ex. He explained how even though they broke up they still remain friends because there could still be a different type of love underneath. How they didn’t lose each other despite their past and they remain friends. Is he trying to make me jealous or just being open? We both like each other and now it’s making me question whether or not he told me this because he now just wants to be friends. What should I do?

823

Most Helpful Guys

• Maybe he is being honest and open with you because he trusts you. I would rather find out now about an ex being a friend then later on down the line. He could had kept it a secret but didn't. That shows he trusts you.

• he is definitely not in the dating mood yet, so take it as it is: he is hung up on his ex in a really bad way. Trying to get him over it, will only hurt you.
    There was this girl and guy and they were acting so close to the point of going everywhere together that at first I thought they are together.
    I somehow realized they are not and I thought to myself "huh, got it all wrong" and the worst part was that I fell for her from that point on.
    "worst" because though she did look like she kind of liked me back, she wasn't ready to let go. She was literally at the level of a schoolgirl, secretly liking the guy, but every time something happens she froze and reacted strange.
    I realized that though not together officially, they were a couple at some point and decided to stay friends after it went down.
    They would definitely fuck each other. And to think I liked her and she was showing interest but not taking the leap of letting go, so she dragged me along for a while.

It wasn't that easy to comprehend that though they are not together, she is still with him. It was strangest thing.
    But I let go when I ran into this beautiful blonde blue-eyed girl that simply made me go "wow" and realized there is no reason to waste my time on someone that does not want my time. So that blonde girl helped me move on.

Fast forward 7-8 months, not sure what happened between them, but she contacted to ask to go out. I passed. I'm perfectly fine with it.

So my opinion based on my experience would be: even if you can get some signs of interest, don't bother with him. He will not let go and will not care on what you want. He will, at most, drag you along as a safety net in case he cannot get back to his ex.

Most Helpful Girl

• to let u know that he has ex and he is have the capability to get girlfriend