Would you date a musician?

Now that I'm trying to get back into dating, these questions happen. Partly stereotype and partly lack of appeal of that lifestyle, but I generally assume a musician wouldn't be the right fit for me. I'm also a complete nerd with a political activism/nonprofit background and I'm trying to get into medical school, so I (perhaps unfairly) wonder what on earth Mr. "I'm a producer and in a band" and I would have in common in the first place. It's not impossible, it just seems unlikely. Also, I guess I assume I'm not the type of woman someone like that would typically be chasing after.

Admittedly, I view classical/orchestral musicians differently because the experience and lifestyles are often different in their necessity.

What do you think, especially the ladies?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Is music a hobby or a lifestyle?

If someone plays for fun and not for a living, that is fine. I have dated a woman who does that.

If a lifestyle, there is a real problem with musicians. They either have not enough money or too much money too fast. Both situations have their own problems.

0|0
    0|0
  • Are you asking this because you have met and are considering dating a musician? It is a hard career to make it in. I do have a musician friend who has had an established career since he was 25 and he can even pack a theatre. Even so, he rarely makes over 50K in a year. His wife is a school teacher and together they do fine. I know others who have never really made anything at it and they tried to "go pro". I know another guy who has helped produce 4 platinum albums with a famous band and he does well, but he has lots of other stuff going on the side in the sound industry.

0|0
    0|0
    • 50K in a year sounds wonderful. Most I ever made in a year was £7k. And yes I had 2 jobs and a car but was too poor for things like a house, or... food.

• Show All
    • WOW OK... I guess he is doing alright! And he does have a wife who has a better income.

• To be fair you magiced the number. It’s just us poor folk who earn minimum wage or less who are marvelling at the high incomes.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't care. I think it's cool and I like that he has a job or hobby in the field of art, which I have and love as well.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• I probably would, especially if they are subscribed cessful and they can stick around most of the time. I do play guitar, bass, some electronic drums, write my own songs, learned how to make an electric guitar and now making another along with a bass guitar... so yeah probably lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I am someone extremely interested in classical, orchestral musics aswell. I had a girlfriend who had a vey beautiful voice and she was vocal on a local band.

0|0
    0|0
  • As a musician myself, I would. Musicians are just like any other people. Some are assholes, some are sweet, some are mentally messed up, and some are just normal people that are passionate about their art.

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh heck yeah! I am a musician myself, so thats one huge common point we would have. If she plays the bass guitar, we could jam for hours on end! I play the drum kit but i taught myself a few others.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure. I like someone with a plan. I don't wanna have to entertain her all day.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would because i love music it also depends on how she is and what she likes to do and how her personality

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think classical or orchestrale people are musicians.

0|0
    0|0
    • they play musical instruments as careers. why wouldn't they be musicians? lol

• Because they do not make something new. They are like robots. They simply play what they are programmed too. It has nothing to do with music or art. It's like the difference between real live or cloned live

• Yeah. Question is who would actually date me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why in hell not?

0|0
    0|0
  • Why not.. he is a human

0|0
    0|0
  • I want to be a taylor swift song

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• Yes, but only if you are also interested in music, and you want to know what drives him/her to play music.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I like music and they can teach me a few things.

0|0
    0|0
  • I married one.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I have before.

Oh. And I also am one?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I especially love guitars

0|0
    0|0