My boyfriend was drunk and called me last night, saying Thank you and sorry. Is he trying to distant himself away from me? what does his message means?

all those 8 months of dating he occassionaly says "I don't know if I can allow myself to fall in love with you because you're beautiful, kind and capable while I am not" and he's been saying this more often ever since the day he quitted his job (he's unemployed for 4 months)
He even says "You may date other guy if you want to. I won't stop you"

one day, we've got into huge fight and we didn't call or text each other for 4 days.
Then he called me last night; being drunk:
"Even though I'm unemployed and not good enough, I have never receive so much love from you and I still can't believe a beautiful, well-mannered and kind person like you came into my life and loved me as I am.
I remember this quote; "you make me want to be a better man"... you're exactly like that and you're the first person who gave me so much love.
I thank you and sorry for not giving you as much as you do because I am not good enough!
Our relationship would be happy if only I was younger (he's 39 and i am 28), rich, capable and worthy.
If you wanna leave me for other man, you may do so. I won't hate you but only wish you happiness.
However, I'll stay with you forever if you want me to because I love you more than you think.
Lastly, please have self-confidence, you're a capable and beautiful! they're wrong to enforce you to change who you are!
I love you, thank you and sorry..."
He says thank you and sorry multiple times, I felt an instinct that he's gonna leave me sooner or later.
what is he trying to tell me?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Sounds like he has low self-worth and thinks he's not good enough for you.

Firstly, tell him you don't want anyone else.

If you want to change the low self-worth, compliments about small things could help. Make sure that you enjoy the things your complimenting on, too.

And if he really wants to better himself, try to help him through the process. If he wants to go back to school, support him fully and stuff like that

0|0
    0|0
  • He thinks he isn't worthy, so he's apologising you're with him still. He believes you deserve much better in life.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Probably thinks he's not good enough for you.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes