My boyfriend was drunk and called me last night, saying Thank you and sorry. Is he trying to distant himself away from me? what does his message means?

all those 8 months of dating he occassionaly says "I don't know if I can allow myself to fall in love with you because you're beautiful, kind and capable while I am not" and he's been saying this more often ever since the day he quitted his job (he's unemployed for 4 months)
He even says "You may date other guy if you want to. I won't stop you"

one day, we've got into huge fight and we didn't call or text each other for 4 days.
Then he called me last night; being drunk:
"Even though I'm unemployed and not good enough, I have never receive so much love from you and I still can't believe a beautiful, well-mannered and kind person like you came into my life and loved me as I am.
I remember this quote; "you make me want to be a better man"... you're exactly like that and you're the first person who gave me so much love.
I thank you and sorry for not giving you as much as you do because I am not good enough!
Our relationship would be happy if only I was younger (he's 39 and i am 28), rich, capable and worthy.
If you wanna leave me for other man, you may do so. I won't hate you but only wish you happiness.
However, I'll stay with you forever if you want me to because I love you more than you think.
Lastly, please have self-confidence, you're a capable and beautiful! they're wrong to enforce you to change who you are!
I love you, thank you and sorry..."
He says thank you and sorry multiple times, I felt an instinct that he's gonna leave me sooner or later.
what is he trying to tell me?

12