Are you racist if you are not attracted to other races or is it just preference?

I am just curious; if you are only attracted to one race are you a racist or is this just your preference? Is it wrong?

613

Most Helpful Guys

• That depends on why. If you aren't attracted to a certain race because you associate it with certain character traits, you are racist. If you aren't attracted to a certain race due to the physical characteristics that define that race, you are not racist.

Just as it is racist to say that Asians are bad drivers, but it is not racist to say that Asians have straight, dark hair (which is okay to not find attractive).

• Asians are bad drivers?

• @Muhammad1999 No, obviously not. As with all generalizations, it only takes one exception to disprove it. I just brought it up because that's apparently one of the prejudices some people have against Asian people. I have no idea where it came from.

• We can't help who we're attracted to. When you're a racist you choose who to hate. One is a choice the other is a force of nature.

Most Helpful Girl

• Me, I just have a preference. But back in high school. When I was 17, I had a crush on my friend James. I thought we connected and had similar situations in life. So one day, I gave him my number and expressed how I feel about him (I'm shy, so I never have done that to anyone before) then he replied "listen, I think you're cool and everything. But I have a thing for girls of color." I was shocked and hurt. Not only was I rejected, but the person who I had a crush on didn't feel that for me, cause of my skin color.