Why do you think most dating advice is about getting what you want rather than treating others well?

Is there any dating advice sources that aren’t manipulative in nature?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• Because its common sense that if you want to date someone you treat them well and I don't think getting what you want in a relationship is necessarily manipulative, it just putting your wants on an equal par with your interests wants.

0|0
    0|0
    • But that’s what bugs me. It’s always JUST implied or seen as common sense. It’s rarely blatantly stated or treated as a priority as if treating people well isn’t enough? And you’re right it isn’t always manipulative but a lot of advice is.

• There are quite a few post's and articles on narcissism and DV that aren't just aimed at couples, awareness on how to be a decent human being has taken centre stage a lot recently.

What Guys Said 2

• Well, it's implictly understood that you should treat your Dating Partner well, and doing that is part of achieving what you want because if you don't treat someone well they will date someone else instead.

0|0
    0|0
    • I understand that but why does that seem so rarely discussed in dating advice?

• Because People generally answer the Question asked of them, and that is usually some variant of "How do I get this girl/guy?".

• Be yourself

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes