How to end a friends with benefits situation?

I’ve been screwing this guy for almost 3 years. It’s been fun but I’ve come to a point where I’m ready to settle down and get into a relationship. However I don’t know how to tell this man this. Because everytime I say I’m ready to move forward with dating. He gets mad and acts like I hurt him or something. He always try’s to use sex or tells me that a relationship is not what I want. I feel stuck an I don’t know how to end this situation.

14

Most Helpful Guy

• He is in love with you and does no want to admit it. That is what happens when you casually screw someone for three years. If you don't want a relationship with him, then you need to break up like you would with any other boyfriend. . . and go no contact!

• Love? Oh my I never thought he would be in love with me. He’s in his 40’s we arranged this friends with benefits relationship just to have fun. I always thought he out of my league do you still think someone his age could fall for a person my age?

• Go to him and say, "I've talked about leaving because I want to find someone who will commit to spending the rest of their life with me. I have learned much from you and I now know that I want. I want a guy who is older than me. I want a guy who is about this tall [and you hold your hand up to the top of his head.] I want a guy who makes me feel safe at night. . . like you do. I want a guy who makes me laugh. . . like you do. I want a guy who puts his arms around me just like you do. I want a guy who tells stupid jokes just like you do. In fact, I want a guy exactly like you. . . except for one detail. You haven't said that you love me and you haven't asked me to stay. If you say you love me, I'll stay and be the happiest girl in the world. And if you don't say it, then it won't really matter what your reason is; I'll leave and spend the rest of my life thinking about what might have been."

That's how you go about it.

• Thanks for MHO!