If your partner had a friend of the opposite gender who didn’t want to meet you, would you be okay with your partner going into their bedroom?

I just want to settle this idea.

There’s a girl named Jessica who’s dating a guy named Anthony (to out into perspective).
Anthony won’t let and is not comfortable with Jessica going over to her guy friends. But Anthony has a female friend named Lisa.

He went to visit his female friend Lisa, who did not want to meet Jessica at all. Lisa is scuicidal. Her father killed her self when she was little. She’s now out of high school and is depressed but not depressed enough to go out camping with friends who are mostly guys and one girl. She’s not depressed enough to go meet Anthony.

Anthony hangs with Lisa when Jessica is busy. Anothnoy didn’t tell Jessica who Lisa was and Jessica thought Lisa was a girl anothny once told her about, but was actually a different girl. Anthony went to visit Lisa at her house when she felt “scuiciadal” and later they hung in her bedroom. Thoughts?
Also Anthony was not straight forward with Jessica at all despite him to be honest and never accusing him of cheating.

100

Most Helpful Girls

• There is something off with this situation. The fact that Anthony is lying to Jessica is a red flag, even if he isn't cheating on her. Also, Anthony cannot have an expectation of Jessica not to hang out with guys alone if he is going to be hanging out with a girl alone. Again, if he had been straightforward with Jessica about this situation it might have been okay, but the deception is problematic

• Anthony cut Lisa off after Jessica told him being friends with her would put the relationship between them in thin ice. She had to mention her five times before he had to cut her off. He apologized for his mistake

Anthony and Jessica now live together. Anthony says he’d never cheat and has been transparent. On top, he says he was never interested her in a romantic way. but regardless his story between her and him when he came over still has holes. He simply mentioned he doesn’t remember nor was it worth remembering. Anthony’s mom says he’d never do such harm but doesn’t know the story.

Should Jessica be concerned?

• But he has been through a lot formed which is why I’m convinced I should trust him. For instance, my family pounded on his door when they found out I moved out. They insulted his mom and my mom scratched his mom while trying to invade the house.

We’ve argued a lot because of the girl and at times I get bad at communicating. He comes after me. His mom wouldn’t be making him pay rent if I never came to the picture. And he was there during my bad times. So I guess perhaps I should simply let it go?

• I don't know enough about the situation to tell you whether or not to stay with him, and now that a lot of your family details have come up this situation seems more complex than I had anticipated, and if I'm being honest it is difficult for me to give advice in such a situation. If you want to stay with him, I think it is important to talk about this situation with him. Because everything else aside, he still lied, and that is a problem no matter what his situation in life is. If he has truly been their for you and you are in a healthy relationship with him and this was his only transgression, then staying with him and forgiving him MAY be okay, but either way you shouldn't let this slide entirely.

• I'd at least want to know the situation, I wouldn't prevent my partner from helping a depressive friend. I'd also want to meet the girl, but I know how depression can lead to social anxiety so I guess I'd understand if she didn't feel confortable meeting me

• The problem with Lisa was she seemed so depressed at times and others not. She was able to date other guys. why couldn’t she meet me ya know?