Why do people ghost instead of being honest that they no longer want to see someone?

Why do some people find it so easy to ghost on someone they have told they liked? Just completely ignore them, but not delete them off of social media and still watch their stories? What makes someone want to ghost if every time you’ve been around them everything went well and you both were happy?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Can't handle conflict, ashamed of themselves, not honest.

• I just would like to know what made the switch flip.

• It’s hurtful, I get it. I got blocked after he had sex with me. When I ask him why, he gave me some bullshit answer.

Friends told me to take the answer and move on but it’s hard. Why bother replying with some bullshit after doing what he did.

Some men are just immature and childish.
      You can’t blame yourself for their faults. Delete all trace of him, you don’t want him in your life and don’t waste mental energy on him anymore.

• I’m really trying not to, he watched my Snapchat story and still hasn’t opened my message from friggin Saturday. 🙄🙄 like do you want me to text you so you can ignore me more? No, I’m good hun. I just hate I still like him.. like wow.. 🙃

Most Helpful Girl

• They didn't want to invest on a relationship, yet they want to keep you hanging there to boost their self-esteem (that's what I am thinking why they don't delete you). It is very hurtful

• Well, they’re not keeping me around for long with this kind of thing happening. I’m not about to make someone a priority if I’m just their option or placeholder. It is incredibly hurtful, I don’t know why I can’t just let it go and forget about it.

• You will never get an answer from a ghost, I was ghosted 2 years ago, he still haven't given me an answer and still does that thing of messaging me every now and then whenever he feel lonely.

• Oh heck no! He didn’t want it then what makes him think he can have it now? Nah bruh. I’m good. You can enjoy your own company.