Have been called affectionately needy, good or bad?

When I mean "needy" I don't mean like need to know where you are 24/7 or need you to text all the time when not together. It's more I crave affection, even if it's the slightest bit I love it so much. Holding hands, a kiss on the cheek or forehead to snuggling and being super affectionate. Affection is a must have when it comes to my relationships, if a guy doesn't put in the effort to be affectionate towards me then I can't see it working out.
Do you think this is a good or bad trait to have? This is for both genders to answer.
  • Good
    Vote A
  • Bad
    Vote B
  • Other
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• Good for me since I enjoy the same kind of affectionate touch frequently. But I would just call that "affectionate" rather than "needy". Needy has negative connotations to me because it's like you need that just to survive or something, whereas I'm "affectionate" in the sense that I enjoy it. I'm not going to go crazy if I don't get a hug on a given day.

1|0
    0|0
    • Like I still hold hands with my wife every time we go out even though we're in our 30s. I don't care. I don't do it as a public display of affection. I just enjoy feeling her hand in mine, just as I enjoy touching her boobs and butt and everything else. I like to touch a woman's body as often as I can. But I won't react negatively if I don't have that all the time. I'm fine without it, just happier with it.

• Show All
    • But she's okay when I go on my business trips for a week or two at a time. She doesn't text me desperate texts talking about how crazy she's going absent my company for that period. Instead she sends me loving and sweet and positive ones, and every time I return home after my business trip, I found her eagerly and patiently waiting at the airport (even though she could have just waited at home). And she always dashes and runs at me and jumps in my arms while I drop my luggage, and that always cheers me up after those long 12+ hour flights and a week or two of crunch and back-to-back meetings at work.

• So she's fine when I'm not there. She doesn't "need" me. She "wants" me. And I find that so much preferable that she wants me with her heart, because it makes all her affectionate gestures seem more genuine and positive.

I've dated needy girls before and their affections started to becoming upsetting and irritating to me, not because they were doing things much different from my wife in that respect. But it became clear in my absence that they borderline "needed" this just to feel happy with themselves.

And at that point it makes the affections seem less genuine. Compare it to an addiction, like an addiction to tobacco. The tobacco addict might even hate smoking and what it's doing to his body, but reaches for cigarettes anyway. It's an unhealthy addiction. He's not even doing to make himself happy; he's just doing it to avoid being unhappy.

And that's the general kind of difference of impression I got from "needy" girls and "affectionate" ones who weren't "needy" like my wife.

• It's neither. It's just a character trait. If you see it in terms of chakra, you must have a strong potent sacral chakra (corresponds to naval area). It's in charge of the functions of creativity (literally and figuratively), sex, affection, emotional warmth. It only seems as something bad because unfortunately society sees it as something that's weird because we're all becoming more robotic lately. You do you, it's alright to be affectionate and being close, warm. Just make it stay as a thing you want, not need. It's okay to "need" it in a relationship. Actually I think you misuse the word need. I'd say "require". If you need it, it's an addiction, and watch out with that. Good luck!

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• That's a trait I have myself, I feel like it is meant for bad as needy kinda means clingy but I think personally that being affectionately needy just means that you are close to your friends, family and SO. Wanting Affection is not a bad thing, at least to me anyway

1|0
    0|0
  • I donโ€™t think itโ€™s good or bad, itโ€™s who you are. Look for guys that show affection. Dale Carnegie training used to say that everyone walks around with an MMFI sticker on them. โ€œMake Me Feel Importantโ€. Every human craves that attention and acknowledgement, but different people want it in different ways. Some want praise verbally, others want to be touched, others want gifts, others want to see โ€œbraveryโ€ played out for them (acts of service and generosity). It just depends on the person.

1|0
    0|0
  • Good trait as long as its not too extreme ๐Ÿ˜…

Had a girl once that always wanted my attention when we were out, It was cute at first but turned into clingy quite fast.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think in every relationship both sides need a certain amount of affection, just varies from person to person & obviously what they individually find "too little" or "too much" affection.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm the same way, so it goes without saying that I find it to be a positive thing.

1|0
    0|0
  • For me it's good because I like physical affection, but if someone doesn't like doing that, it would be bad for them

1|0
    0|0
  • This is a good trait, i wish my future wife has that trait

1|0
    0|0
  • Being called needy in and capacity is not a good thing..

1|0
    0|0
  • I think your needs are quite reasonable.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's great because I'm exactly the same

1|0
    0|0
  • It's a good thing baby!๐Ÿ˜˜

1|0
    0|0
  • Good

1|0
    0|0
  • Same here

1|0
    0|0
  • Makes it sound like you need to ALWAYS be around him. You have no life, out side of him basically

1|0
    0|0
    • Oh no I don't mean it like that, just like when we do have time to hang out I do like to be affectionate not like 24/7

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes