Why does my boyfriend get stand-offish to me around his friends?

Anonymous
I’ve noticed that it’s not ALL of his friends. But, he has made certain jokes for some of them that I am interested in them. But then he laughs it off and says he is kidding. But, anyways. There are certain friends/family who I have met where my boyfriend turns cold towards me. I am not sure why he gets this way around certain friends/family of his, but maybe he feels inferior to them? One of his friends is above 6ft, gets a lot of girls, and i assume would be attractive to other girls (but isn’t even my type romantically nor platonically tbh). And my boyfriend gets weird with me around him. After I met him, i tried to ask more about his life and talk to my boyfriend about the night and funny things that happened and he just got quiet and kind of defensive. I’ve noticed he was also cold and distant from me after I met his cousin who I tried to be friendly with and talk to and get to know. I felt like maybe my boyfriend thought I had ulterior motives or something. Or that I was interested in his friend and his cousin. I don't know why he get this way.
9
1