What to do when someone checks out/flirts with your partner?

My boyfriend is a good looking and built guy so I'm used to girls scoping him out. We were at a coffee shop studying the other day when a girl who worked there kept trying to get his attention. She kept walking past us while looking over at him at and giggling. Then she had to restock the counter supplies and take out the trash. She was doing all of it in a super loud way, throwing stuff around and slamming the doors, which made my boyfriend jump and look over, then she just giggled and kept looking from him to me. I was like wtf? I was so annoyed not only because of how she kept trying to get his attention like it was some game, but also because she was just generally so loud and obnoxious. I finally told my boyfriend I couldn't concentrate anymore and was leaving, and he said he would go too. My question is how should I have handled this or how should I handle it if something like that happens again?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Really, what do you do? You did the right, just walk away. Not worth it to get in someones face over that. For me, I would be proud that my partner is attractive that much to gain attention from others. I also know she is mine and I have nothing to worry about. It happens more than you think. Just be proud of him and be the best girlfriend you can be and appreciate what you have.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't mind anyone flirting with him. What matters to me is his reaction to that and if he does anything to avoid/reject/warn them not flirt or just leave the place like your boyfriend. The first (them flirting) can't be controlled, the second (him doing something about it/reacting in a way that doesn't encourage them to flirt more) can.