Would you consider this a red flag?

So let’s say you exchange numbers with someone and he or she ask for your number, and they iMessage you and only their email shows. When you ask what happened to their number they give a bullshit excuse.
For example (their phone is off, or they lost their phone and can only use their iPad or whatever) Would that be concerning and bothersom. For me it’s like a slap in the face to myself lol like why did I give out my personal number to someone who is avoiding giving out theirs. It just gives me the wrong message no pun intended about that person, like maybe they are hiding something or whatever the case might be. I’m pretty sure they use their actual number to call/text family & friends.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, that's sketchy as fuck. No more communication until they have a number to communicate with.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I dunno I never wanted to give it my number to people because there's a lot of creeps out there. If always inevitably regret it. Even if it takes to someone online as soon as they got my number they used it to be gross or an annoyance

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Yes - I agree, a red flag.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well, when they write your number on the bathroom wall they want to make sure you can't return the favor.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• It sure is a red flag, in fact any hint of being deceitful even me questioning something without expressing it is a red flag, that guy is done before getting started.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's why I never give my number if asked, unless I know the person well. It's always a bad idea to do it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Huge red flag

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes, sounds like a person who's got stuff to hide

0|0
    0|0
  • That is a red flag

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe the person is broke an can only talk when they have WiFi that’s why the email pop up. I don’t think this is a big deal.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes