How long should you date someone before you have sex with them?

How long should you date someone before you have sex with them?

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• Depends. It's their choice. If i really liked her i could wait a long time.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's up to the people involved.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Long enough to know they are a good person and you can trust them.
    That could be the same day if they are a friend of someone you know and trust who vouches for them, or it could be a long time if they are showing red flags in areas of concern.

0|2
    0|0
  • For me it's when they make me feel safe enough to want to give that part of myself to them. It can take months. It just depends on how the relationship is going.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• I love your pictures, they are so fun to see every time you post! I think it depends on both people, what they both feel comfortable with, what timing is comfortable with them etc... there should not be a set time for this

1|0
    1|0
  • I made my girlfriend wait 5 months.
    But I had never had sex before her and never done anything with a girl whereas she had experience.
    I dunno, a month usually?

0|0
    0|0
  • There is no fixed answer to this in my opinion. For me it's always been earlier rather than later and it's never made any difference. If I was into them I was into them. If I wasn't then I wasn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Try before you buy,
    Wise words never lie,
    she say good but you make sure
    You don't get dem blueballs.

0|0
    0|0
  • Varies with how well the two know each other and how well the relationship is going.

Usually in general, I'd say wait a few weeks if regularly seeing each other physically.

0|0
    0|0
  • At YOUR age? What exactly are you waiting for? A sign from heaven?

If you can't tell right away if your new beau is a keeper, WTH are you doing then?

0|0
    0|0
  • It is totally up to the couple. If you want to wait three months+ then do it.

0|0
    0|0
  • i'll only have sex with her if i am in a committed relationship with her or married, i won't have sex with her if im dating her

0|0
    0|0
  • It would be her choice. I would do it, when she wants and respect her.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how attracted I am to her. Probably not on the first date though.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's good to let some tension build for some time and get to know someone.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think until you're completly comfortable with each other

0|0
    0|0
  • An hour lol

1|0
    1|0
  • There are no rules

0|0
    0|0
  • Half hour-45 minutes is typical.

0|1
    0|0
  • If you like them, as long as it takes.

0|0
    0|0
  • At least 20 minutes. I have standards.

0|0
    0|0
  • At least 3 months

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• Depends on how you feel about them and feel comfortable with them. If, there's that initial spark between two people, it can lead to feelings and then physical intimacy pretty quickly if it's a good match. Some people might even make love the night that they meet if it's one of those passionate whirlwind romances where the sexual tension is palpable.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’d say after a month of dating and another month of being serious. About two months or three months if the dates aren’t as frequent

0|0
    0|0
  • There isn't a right answer for that. How long depends on your personal preferences.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me it has to be over a year of a long term relationship at least.

0|0
    0|0
  • Couple months.

0|1
    0|0
  • 10 years.

1|0
    0|0
  • Oh come on. You're 30 years old.

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually a year