Girls, Am I universally unattractive to American women?

I'm Irish. A white guy. I'm going to the US in a few months, to live with my brother. I'm scared. I feel ugly. So many people say that American women do not find white guys attractive. The conventional attractive is guy in America is a black guy. That's OK. I love black people , so, good for them! But damn it hurts so bad. My self esteem has plummeted. If American women do not find guys like me attractive then what do I do? I guess I'll have to struggle to get an American woman to even look at me, right? I don't know. Maybe it's not like this. But people say it is. Black guys are the attractive men of America - so I feel like I'll never be enough. Can any American person help me out? Can you confirm this to be true and then tell me what I can do to not feel so down over this? Just right now I feel like I'll never be happy. Look maybe you will think I am joking but I am not, really, I'm being serious. Maybe this question sounds stupid to you - but I have no idea what America is really like. I'll accept it if it that's how it really is. I'll have to live with it.

But pretty much is there a chance that even half of American women would like a guy like me?

This whole thing makes me feel universally unattractive and just worthless overall. Look I know trolling on this topic is common, but really I am not trolling. If anyone can PM me to help me out, I'd appreciate it.

Just please take this question seriously, please be genuine. I need your advice.

WIll American women just see me as ugly and worthless?

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• No, white guys aren’t considered unattractive in The U. S. Women have their own taste in men.
    You being white is not a problem, but perhaps you being ugly might be a problem.
    Jamie Dornan is Irish, a white guy, and most American women find him RiDicULoUsLy hot. So as long as you’re not really ugly or poor, then you’re fine.

2|0
    0|0
    • Oh, Well why do people say American women mainly like black guys and white guys are universally unattractive?

• Show All
    • So in general black guys are not considered more attractive than white guys? Like If an American woman had a choice between an attractive white guy or an attractive white guys, she wouldn't automatically pick the black guy?

• It depends on what her taste is.
      The woman wouldn’t just pick based on the physique if we’re talking about an attractive black man and an attractive white man. That’s when wealth and personality comes in.
      But overall, it depends on what the woman’s taste is.

• All women are not the same therefore we do not share the same preferences. Some like white guys, some like black guys, some like European, some like Asian, some like Latino and some, like myself like all. Really it depends on which type of girl you go for. Also white guys are not dejected from preference, really some prefer them over black guys. So simply don't get ahead of yourself and see what you find over in the US. Who knows, maybe you'll be appealing enough to catch someone's eye. Best of luck!

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 21

• Irish guys are generally regarded as attractive provided you have an accent and you're half-decent looking.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's a very silly thing you heard. Most people tend to date and marry within their own cultural group - whites tend to stick with whites, for the most part.

I think the Irish accent is delicious to listen to, and a lot of young ladies would agree. I'll bet you're much more handsome than you give yourself credit for.

2|0
    0|0
    • Really? Thanks! So if most people stick to their own what does that mean for me? I'll be an immigrant who belongs to no one?

• You have to stop thinking that all American women are the same. If I were to make an assumption, the default attraction is white men but because we are seeing a slowly increasing rate of interracial couples and (not enough but still) positive minority images in the media, I can see why some would think that.

There will be American women of all shades attracted to you just like any other woman. I think you need to be secure in yourself and you'll be fine. :)

1|0
    0|0
    • I haven't been to the US though. From what I hear black guys are superior to white guys & other guys too and just get ahead with all the girls. I suppose that is wrong then?

• If it's true I will accept it though. I am already depressed and suffer form axiety enough, so at this stage I just accept the way things are.

• I’m Dutch to begin with so I can’t answer the question, and how can all American women be into you or dislike you? Everyone has a personal preference when it comes to the appearance and personality of a potential partner. So don’t waste time worrying about yourself and just go for it.

0|0
    0|0
    • I didn't mean it so directly. I just meant that in general, do American women prefer black guys - which is why I used the word Universally.

• I don’t know. I don’t generalise or judge, nor have had many contacts with people from America. I don’t assume things just because of an image or stereotype

• You should be more confident. No one will neglect you just because of your skin color... At least not the majority of people. If you ask me white guys can just as handsome as any other ethnicities are. It is all about confidence and self appreciation.

0|0
    0|0
    • Why do people say black guys are superior and have a easier time with girls?

• Lmao, unless your just ugly being white isn't the problem. Also that's just a stereotype it's really not like that over here

2|0
    0|0
    • So are coming to the east coast or west coast? I live in the Midwest so it's mainly white people here ( I'm east African btw)

• Show All
    • That a white girl would be interested in u!!

• @SavageGirl101 so white girls like white guys? What about the other kinds of women? Also why do people say black guys get all the white girls and are superior to white guys? Why do people say things like that?

• BITCH. Don't you EVER, say that American women don't find Irish men attractive around me again, or else I'm gonna slap you up. You have nothing to worry about because a lot of women find men with accents (especially Irish), attractive. Including me.

0|0
    0|0
    • But I am white and from what I hear, white men are kinda ugly to the average American girl. Hence, why I ask the question.

• Well I gave my opinion. Take it or leave it

• That for real is some racist ass bullshit, and annoyingly true for some girls. But a lot of girls find Irish men attractive, trust me. You are perfect for someone, and they'll be perfect for you too. Just focus on what you would like for now. You deserve it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know where you get your weird opinions on women.

1|0
    0|0
  • Without knowing your looks, it's impossible to tell.

0|0
    0|0
  • it's what is popularized online but in real life you see white guys in couples all the time

0|0
    0|0
    • Who do they date if most girls prefer black guys? How do they find these girls?

• Show All
  • Ugly comes from the inside. If your inside are rotten than it will show on the outside. Your looks like nothing to do with it. It's the vibe that you put out. If you are a good person with morals, principles and values that make you attractive. I've dated men who aren't "physically attractive" but because they were good people I only saw the good in them. Eventhough people judged and told me I'm dating under my league.

I don't believe in that. It's the person inside that counts not the exterior.

0|0
    0|0
  • No you'll be liked for your accent. American women love white guys.

0|0
    0|0
    • Ok! But why do people say otherwise?

• I’m not sure where you’re getting your information from, of which you’re so certain

• Just a lot of people say that over there in America, girls prefer black guys over white ones. But seen as I haven’t been there I don’t know for sure. I guess it is bullshit then?

• I'm not American

Your way of thinking is ugly

0|0
    0|0
  • aww you're not ugly and worthless

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't know. Just people say that girls want black guys and that women want them more because of their penis size and all that kinda stuff. So that's why I feel inferior. But thanks for trying to cheer me up.

• America is filled with white guys...

0|0
    0|0
  • WOW black men really have you guys fooled.

0|0
    0|0
  • every girl has different menu so don't give up

0|0
    0|0
  • You know my opinion on the matter mate, now look at what all these other girls are saying and believe us :P

0|0
    0|0
  • No.. American white girls just have really high standards because they can.
    Try with a black women, or latina... Or Thailand (Asian) they have low stamdards as fuck

0|0
    1|0
    • So most women do not like white guys. Only the low-quality ones? So what I said is true and I really am universally unattractive?

• No.. They like white.. And most of white girls like white guys only.
      I meant to say that out of all these white guys, they will inly like 10 or 20% because of decent standards...

• Oh. Yeah that makes sense.

• Not true you’ll be fine

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes