Is it okay if my boyfriend likes me more than I do him?

We have been dating for nearly 6 months. He has become not only someone I care for so deeply, but also my best friend. He is a good guy, and the best boyfriend I have ever had. I like him a lot and enjoy being with him. But, being cheated by both my exes, I am not as hopeful about love as I used to be. I am my bf’s first girlfriend. He is 25 and I am 21. I can tell he is head over heels for me, and he thinks more of the future together than I do. He is looking for an apartment and jokes about me moving in. But, he also mentioned he wants to give me a key to his place. He talks about taking trips together and he encourages me to do my best in school so I can get a good job.

I like him so much. But, I try and be more in the present because I know things don’t always work out. And i hate it, but, a part of me just wants to be young and not think too much about marriage and spending my life with one person. I can see myself marrying him in the future. But, sometimes I just get overwhelmed and worried.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• First about other gentlement being harsh a bit - please understand their point of view dont judge easily. Experiences makes a man become more rationap and its getting harder to cover things with shiny celofan. its not about hurting anyone, nor about "one bad exp, that defined their actual state" its rather about a lot experience that cause us to quit the fairytale speaking.

i myself will try to avoid being rude and do my best now to be fair, helpfull, if i may. just please take it as such.

Its psichologically gives a better chance of survival for a relationship if the woman loves the man more than vica versa. Since whatever happened to the world affections mechanism still follows evolution. the one you fall in love with is more dominant than u are, so logically it works out better if you are more clingy than he is.
    second of all, in case of a man its not an issue, since its usually comin natural, but its important for your part that you 1. love him 2. lust for him at the same time. if that happens you won't hesitate goin the full mile, cause ur mind can't be stopped doin it.

maybe its just because of hurt from the past and you will click. but if its the other way around and you're there just because he gives safety unfortunatepy its right, that won't be good on the long term. time will tell and you will know from the heart

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds like you didn't properly heal from your last relationships. Give yourself more time to figure this out (how serious you want the relationship to get). As much as you need and tell your boyfriend to slow down with the serious talk if he is suffocating you. Communication is key. If you want to be with him for the rest of your life then you need to let go of the past. Let yourself be vulnerable. You can't prevent everything. Let yourself enjoy the relationship and be in the present and stay out of your head. If you can't see yourself with him then its only right to break up with him.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• Have you tried talking to him about slowing down the relationship?

1|0
    0|0
  • This guy (according to what you're telling us) has no interest in leaving you. So infidelity is not something you need to worry about.

What you do need to worry about is this idea you're holding onto that you're too young to be in a committed relationship. You obviously aren't interested in sleeping with others either so that isn't the reason you feel frightened. Don't think that cause you're married you can't still live your own life.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you're not over OTHER guys cheating on you, you shouldn't be in a relationship, I agree with reptocarl, I got with a girl like you and it shattered me

0|0
    1|0
    • You all act as if i treat him terribly, or am a bad girlfriend to him. I value him so much, and treat him the best I can. I clearly stated I care for him deeply and can see myself marrying him in the future... but yeah, I am going to shatter him. Great assumptions ☺️

• Show All
    • I'll be the first to admit I'm not, don't worry I don't, no-one could be as bad as my ex, man or woman, but I thought you had said you can't see yourself marrying him

• Slim, how did your ex treat you? If it's ok for me to ask. If not, sorry for asking.

• No it isn’t ok. It isn’t fair to him. Break up so he can find someone that really does love him

0|1
    1|0
    • Whoa. Neither of us have even said we love each other. It has only be 6 months. He is also the one that said himself, “we aren’t there yet”. And did you even read the contents of my question?

• Show All
    • I've noticed most of the older guys that answer questions are usually very rude like they hold on to pain from past relationships. They let it out on random people.

• @Blunique I’m not holding on to anything and have a great relationship with my 30 year old girlfriend. We’re angry at how stupid the younger generation is and their refusal to take sound advice from someone that’s already been there done that

• Lifes to short to worry about your problems (your always gonna have problems so why worry about them) just enjoy the present if he's fantasizing about the future join in cause you might just have fun

2|0
    0|0
  • That could change and you start to like him more.. Never be too confident in any relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • Then you are lucky , yes it's very okay , but and advise don't use that against him oky

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I think it’s fine for now, people move at different paces. It would be a bit different if you were a year or more into it and felt trap. I would say you should also be a bit more open on how you’re feeling with your boyfriend, so you guys can be on the same page.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes