Do I shut people out too quickly or have I just learned my lesson?

I've had an alarming amount of breakups (both platonic and romantic) based purely around emotionally unstable people dumping their issues on to me. From what I deduce, I’m either not establishing clear enough boundaries, or these people just take advantage of me, or both.

I’m currently talking with this guy, and I think he’s still has feeling for his ex. I’ve only been talking with him for about 3 months but we got along so well. He’s suddenly began talking about his ex and their current friendship after me not asking. She broke it off with him but I think he’s still in love. I don’t want to be involved with him anymore because I’m not sure I can be that person for him nor even just handle it anymore after so many times of dealing with these same repeating issues with other previous relationships.

Do you think it’s too hasty of me to break things off or am I just realizing sooner when people could become potentially “toxic” towards me?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Cut toxic people quick. You don't owe them anything.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Ok so, the guy is a no go to me, cuz you don’t want to be used. It’s good to take chances while still knowing your limits, but this guy is not a good idea

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes