Would you date me?

Jjpayne started this and I want to do it too. Now, it's harder for me because I can't show my face, so if you wouldn't date me based on that, that's fine. But just based on my profile photo here...

Me in my kitchen, wearing heels, scuffin' the floors.

And also based on my personality, would you date me?

A breakdown of me as a person:

When first meeting me, I tend to come across as blunt and to the point, but will entertain friendly conversation. During the "getting to know me" process, I may have moments of seeming stand-offish, but if you ask me as to why, I will always be honest (I'm not sure about you, I don't like talking about certain things, etc.)

I'm extremely loyal and protective, delight in long, inquisitive talks about personal philosophies and varying other subjects. I can be a little abrasive, I say what's on my mind, even if it seems mean at the time and I won't back down. However, anything you want to fix, I will do it with you, and if I know you're right and I'm WRONG, I WILL ADMIT IT AND APOLOGIZE.

As a partner I love cooking, sex, having fun, and don't expect you to devote every waking second to me. You can go to the bar with your friends, watch porn, have female friends - provided you are loyal and satisfy me. In turn, I will always compromise with you, satisfy you and be loyal to you.

Oh, and if people are curious: hazel eyes, pale skin, freckles, red hair.

I know I'm engaged so, this is all just hypothetical. But, have at er'.
Some of my flaws:
I get snappish if I feel you're trying to change me as a person, even if you're just suggesting something. I realize it immediately and apologize.
I'm very vulgar. I don't ask you "make love," I say filthy shit and swear a lot, unless there's kids or I'm working.
I shut down when I'm sad. I'm not used to opening up, so, I tend to need to be alone before I can talk about it.
I unapologetically talk about gross things like shitting, vomit, sex - anything.

1274

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm married so I'm also speaking hypothetically but I'm not sure we'd mesh so well. The interesting side is that your alias tends to describe me well. I'm constantly absorbed in my own thoughts and trying to figure things out. And I love red-heads. First girl I developed a crush on when I went to the US had red-hair and freckles.

That said, I'm very much marked by Japanese mannerisms in terms of communication. To be abrasive is considered very rude. I'm a bit loud and assertive by Japanese standards, but I still try my best to be very polite and ultra friendly and easy-going. And I've become more so now that I've studied Stoicism and how to challenge and reframe my negative thinking patterns.

That said, if you find an angry side of me, expect a shock. I might slam something and shout and basically scare everyone in the room, even more so now since I'm so mellow all the time. That said, I haven't had such an outburst in over a decade, so such behavior might be extinct. I can't say for sure though, as someone who pushes enough buttons might trigger that behavior. I've fortunately surrounded myself in good company that doesn't test my patience too much.

And naturally I like philosophy and lots of eclectic subjects ranging from economics to history to theology (I am not religious but find religions interesting) to even computer science and mathematics (though I generally don't talk about such subjects outside of work).

I'm okay with vulgar humor but I always had a bit of a difficulty sarcasm. It's not so common in Japanese to be so dry and sarcastic in the way I've found in some Western people. And I always found that a very hostile type of humor.

• I'm okay with vulgar humor but I always had a bit of a difficulty [with] sarcasm.

• What happens if I sing part of a song and don't complete it like, "Twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder what... [abrupt stop]"? And maybe stutter a bit and remix like, "What... what... what... little... little... little star... how I wonder... wonder.. how I wonder what... how I wonder what... what..."? Or "Mary had a li... li... lit... little... li... Mary had a... li... li..." I like to do that sometimes and it really irritates people, and I somewhat derive pleasure from how annoying it is.

• I have found that it has varying effects on people. For my wife it doesn't bother her at all. But for some of my friends, they get so irritated that they have to sing the rest of the song on their own. And I've always been so amused that merely singing an incomplete melodic phrase could have such a powerful effect on certain people. Anyway, I have some annoying habits. :-D

• For some reason a lot of young women have this mistaken belief that whatever pops into their litle head should be verbalized. So we get comments like these: "I can be a little abrasive, I say what's on my mind, even if it seems mean at the time and I won't back down."
    Don't be so sure of yourself, and never pass up the opportunity to simply STFU. Not everything you think of needs to be said.

Guys are FAR more interested in your level of attraction and desire for THEM. All this BS about talks and activity and all that is way secondary. You're just a normal person. There's nothing exceptional about you.

And watching porn is a total fail. Much of that and our views on what normal man-woman romantic sex is or is about will become so distorted as to make you impossible to reconcile with. It will warp your mind.

Most Helpful Girls

• You’re not really my type what with the boobs and vagina so... no... but personality wise you and I seem somewhat similar so that could be awesome or it could be a terrible disaster. But we’ll never know. 😔

• Don't know if I'd want to live with you, but you seem like a decent friend to have and see once in a while.