Confused dating?

Long story short I started dating a girl and we both liked each other but I had to move away with work and didn't text her for some weeks, 5 to be exact, and now that I moved back and talked to her even asking her out she replied that she is talking to someone else. I know that it's my fault for not telling her why I went silence and all but should I try to win her back over? I don't know how serious she is with this new guy and after she said that she is talking to him I said "oh I didn't know about it" and she replied with a selfie (snapchat) I haven't replied as I don't know if I should try or not as I like her but don't want to be clingy and ruin the small possible chance that may remain. She is 18 and I'm 19 if that changes anything

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• The best thing was indeed to tell her. She must have been really worried since you didn't tell her what was going on, so she thought you moved on. And so did she.
    There is not much you can do at this moment and it sucks because it started so well. Even if you tell her how you're feeling now, she'll understand why you had to move but she'll also be disappointed because she'll feel like you didn't trust her.
    It hurts but you have to let it go unfortunately :(

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I blame myself for this but if you where in her position would you perhaps give it a chance if I explained it all. She has only started talking to him and she may not even talk to someone and just said that as I (foolishly and unpurposely) hurt her and she may be afraid that I may do it again. The reason why I didn't text her was that I didn't know if I would move back and didn't want to give her false hopes and hold her back as she said earlier that she had her heart broken a while ago and didn't give another guy a chance expect me so I though I should cut her off before it gott really serious and all. I didn't have the time for her and it felt selfish for me to have her around knowing I wouldn't be able to give her the time and love that I wanted. I'm thinking about explaining it to her best friend and see what she thinks about it and honestly

• I didn't have the time for her and it felt selfish for me to have her around knowing I wouldn't be able to give her the time and love that I wanted. I'm thinking about explaining it to her best friend and see what she thinks about it and honestly I'm afraid that I will just push her further away and that's why I don't know what I should do. If you think that leaving her alone will make her happy then that's what I will do but I feel like she deserves an explanation even if she don't want to give me another chance

• Oh dang.. That's serious indeed.. Talk to her best friend, see what she thinks of the situation and then talk to the girl. you owe her an explanation. She'll be skeptical at first but maybe she will give you another chance, but it takes time to rebuild that trust that was broken :( if she won't listen to you, perhaps her best friend will change her mind. If not, you'll have to move on..
      In any cases I am rooting for you, I hope everything goes well 🍀

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes