I'm 22 and like a guy who is 40, is the age difference too much?

610

Most Helpful Guys

• For practical purposes, and at your age: yeah. There's just too big a difference in life experience and expectations. My 65 year old dad is engaged to a 32 year old woman, that's a bigger difference in age, but those two are also in the same chapter of life. You and your guy probably aren't.

• My girlfriend is 21 and I am well over 40. It works for us.

Don't let anyone tell you who you should or should not like. That is YOUR preference and your's alone.

Most Helpful Girl

• Only your opinion matters. I wouldn't date anyone 18 years older than I because I'd rather we have the same things in common, including age. I don't want to be a widow at an early age. Yet Sean Penn's girlfriend is 28 and he is 58 so you never know.