I'm 22 and like a guy who is 40, is the age difference too much?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• For practical purposes, and at your age: yeah. There's just too big a difference in life experience and expectations. My 65 year old dad is engaged to a 32 year old woman, that's a bigger difference in age, but those two are also in the same chapter of life. You and your guy probably aren't.

0|0
    0|0
  • My girlfriend is 21 and I am well over 40. It works for us.

Don't let anyone tell you who you should or should not like. That is YOUR preference and your's alone.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Only your opinion matters. I wouldn't date anyone 18 years older than I because I'd rather we have the same things in common, including age. I don't want to be a widow at an early age. Yet Sean Penn's girlfriend is 28 and he is 58 so you never know.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• No, you're both adults. Just determine whether you're compatible- that is what matters, not age.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not now but it will be in 10 years time if you last that long with him. I have been that older guy and it doesn't usually work in the long run.

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally don't think so but I always was with some twice+ my age at 19. So might be biased

0|0
    0|0
  • if he is a decent man and treats you with respect and isn't married

1|0
    0|0
  • age of consent. you are fine

0|0
    0|0
  • No problem. I'm 48 and like women in their 20s

0|0
    0|0
  • Totally creepy but it's your life!

0|0
    0|0
  • No it's disturbing

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• It will be on be when you fully grow up. I was 22 and married to my ex husband who was 46.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it isn't for you then it doesn't matter. Although I think a lot of people might be kind of concerned.

0|0
    0|0
  • In a single word, NO! If you are happy and he is happy, then go for it!

0|0
    0|0
  • That’s up to the two of you to decide

0|0
    0|0
  • If that's what you want but the reality is he is much older than you.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes